Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Berdusk Intrigue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 14 Oct 2007 : 04:26:14
Okay, I narrowed this down a bit.

I'm going to set this game in and around the 1360's, which is about a decade before the Harper Schism because I was apprehensive if I could make the game interesting enough during and after those events.

For now that's all I'm saying until I get the rest of the characters. I have a small plot that I'm going to use but I'm still seeking any ideas that you all might be willing to offer.

What type of intrigue do you want? Something that might be some investigation like a rumor that some organization is actually the power behind the throne? Or do you all want something deeper?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2008 : 15:46:00
Kat reminded me about something I'm not sure that I ever added to my house rules which is:

The spells that got changed in 3.5e to 1 min/level are actually the 3e versions which was mostly 1 hr/level.
Kuje Posted - 07 Apr 2008 : 05:09:46
quote:
Originally posted by AlorinDawn

Kuje,

Been a long weekend. I will have my bards info to you tomorrow, the character is complete save for a few details.

No worries. :) When you get it completed, just email it to me at kuje@rochester.rr.com. Also, just make the header something with Keep in it or pbem so i don't think its spam.
AlorinDawn Posted - 07 Apr 2008 : 04:18:48
Kuje,

Been a long weekend. I will have my bards info to you tomorrow, the character is complete save for a few details.
Aravine Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 16:07:01
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by AravineI could make another Char, Kuje, if you need me.I'd like to it, if you're okay with me being in both campaigns. I'd have less time of silence(like we're going through now) which is good.

Thanks but at this point I'd prefer, and no slight against you, to have a player that doesn't alrdy have a character in one of my games. :)

*mock offended look* What am I going to do with all that free time?
Kuje Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 00:25:15
quote:
Originally posted by Keddah

quote:

That's doable, I'm just concerned about the in game date since the campaign takes place about 5 years after the Tuigan's did their thing.

Well, maybe he spent some time in a "little last adventure before retirement" after the war, and when he came home he tried to blame anyone and deny it was his fault not having come back inmediatly. He is guilt-mad and seeks absolution for his deeds which is a good reason to hang on with any do-gooders.

Like I said, snds fine with me. :) I was just making it clear that there was that 5 year gap. If you are happy with your background, I'm happy. :)
Keddah Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 00:09:30
quote:

That's doable, I'm just concerned about the in game date since the campaign takes place about 5 years after the Tuigan's did their thing.

Well, maybe he spent some time in a "little last adventure before retirement" after the war, and when he came home he tried to blame anyone and deny it was his fault not having come back inmediatly. He is guilt-mad and seeks absolution for his deeds which is a good reason to hang on with any do-gooders.
Kuje Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 00:00:04
Also,

A small note on what is going on right now in the campaign. The PC's are investigating this alehouse owner because they were asked to do so and they found out he was carrying bodies out of the alehouse and the former owner has disappeared mysteriously.
Kuje Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 23:59:10
quote:
Originally posted by Keddah

quote:

Alorin and Keddah,

Do either of you have some character concepts that you might be thinking of trying? I got room for both of you so I thought I'd get some info about your chars.....

Well I was thinking of a Cormyrean war-veteran (40 years old) who, after a long period away (maybe the horde war crusade?) came back home and found out his wife and daughter had starved to death. He is a bit mad after that, and owes his life, and the bit of sanity he still has to a Harper/group of Harpers.

If you agree I can go in more details, if you don't... well I've got many NPCs from my PnP campaign that I'd like to try as PCs

Keddah Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 23:34:05
quote:

Alorin and Keddah,

Do either of you have some character concepts that you might be thinking of trying? I got room for both of you so I thought I'd get some info about your chars.....

Well I was thinking of a Cormyrean war-veteran (40 years old) who, after a long period away (maybe the horde war crusade?) came back home and found out his wife and daughter had starved to death. He is a bit mad after that, and owes his life, and the bit of sanity he still has to a Harper/group of Harpers.

If you agree I can go in more details, if you don't... well I've got many NPCs from my PnP campaign that I'd like to try as PCs
Kuje Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 23:08:11
Alorin and Keddah,

Kuje Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 23:06:42
quote:
Originally posted by AravineI could make another Char, Kuje, if you need me.I'd like to it, if you're okay with me being in both campaigns. I'd have less time of silence(like we're going through now) which is good.

Thanks but at this point I'd prefer, and no slight against you, to have a player that doesn't alrdy have a character in one of my games. :)
Keddah Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 22:58:25
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

Most of the information is in this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10083

Hope that helps,

Thanks Kes! It actually helps a lot!
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 21:41:04
Most of the information is in this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10083

Hope that helps,
Keddah Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 17:41:23
I might be interested, could you please post here or PM me with some more info about the campaign?
Aravine Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 17:08:31
quote:

I was curious if anyone is willing to join this campaign? Some of the players have left before life has gotten busy for them and so I was looking for at least 1 to 2 players for this 10th level campaign in Berdusk and the Harpers.

However, my only demand is that you post to the email's at least twice a week.

I could make another Char, Kuje, if you need me.I'd like to it, if you're okay with me being in both campaigns. I'd have less time of silence(like we're going through now) which is good.
Kuje Posted - 03 Apr 2008 : 03:18:12
I was curious if anyone is willing to join this campaign? Some of the players have left before life has gotten busy for them and so I was looking for at least 1 to 2 players for this 10th level campaign in Berdusk and the Harpers.

However, my only demand is that you post to the email's at least twice a week.
Kuje Posted - 28 Nov 2007 : 01:40:27
Reefy has claimed the spot, he got to me first. :)
Kuje Posted - 27 Nov 2007 : 16:41:50
Okay,

Let me try this again. Murmur, Daron, or Reefy, you are the three on my wait list. If you can dedicate yourself to a email game that is only based around Faerun/Toril, then send me a 10th level character. First come first serve though. If none of you three are interested, then I have a open slot if someone else wants to join.

I promise, this time, that I won't edit this in a few minutes and go never mind. :)
frapast1981 Posted - 26 Oct 2007 : 08:12:10
Adindrin Nightflower
Male Half Moon Elf
Height: 5.90 feet tall Weight:159
Eyes: Green Hair: Black

Adindrin is a tall half-elf of slim build but with broad shoulders that shows more strenght than it seems. He has short black curly hairs, and it's possible to see his ears, that show a little point. His predominant facial features are his green eyes, is hawkish nose and his thin lips; He is always shaved.
He wear a cyan cotton shirt, yellow cotton pants and leather boots and at his waist there is a rapier and a dagger.
Ozzalum Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 14:42:04
Ishiilik
Male Green Elf
Height: 5'11" Weight: 165
Eyes: Brown Hair: Black
Physical Description: Ishiilik is an imposing figure, with a muscular build and black tattoos covering his body. He prefers to wear as little as possible though he carries a pack containing leather armor and animal furs for those times when they are appropriate. His features are sharp and angular, giving him the appearance of a perpetual scowl. He carries primitive weapons, namely stone-tipped spears and arrows, though his longbow is a thing of beauty and likely enchanted.
Jorkens Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 11:41:19
Ograin.

Description: Somewhere between mid 30’s and early 40's, dark hair down to shoulders, large drooping mustache. Weathered appearance, hansom if one likes the type. Somewhat tall. Slender built. Heavy all-weather cloak and practical clothing of somber colors. Large knife in belt.
Sian Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 08:12:45
Name: Xanita Belera
Race: Human
Height: 4'11" Weight: 106 lbs
Eyes: Blue, Hair: Shoulderlong black
Physical Description: Xanita appears as a very petite girl with a stunningly pretty face with deep blue eyes and a finely cut black shoulderlong hair usually tied up in some kind of ponytail, she mostly dress in nicelooking dresses or other pretty clothes.

A slightly scraped, leaving anything your characters doesn't know unsaid as for now :p
Daviot Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 06:44:50
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

Would it be possible for everyone to provide a detailed physical description of their character? I know it kind of ruins the narrative to put a long "information dump" type description in your responses, but maybe we can get around that by providing them here?

Most certainly:

Name: Sodon Ashgate
Aliases/Nicknames: None
Race: Tiefling
Age: 24; Born 22 Flamerule, Year of the Lion (1340 DR/308 NR)
Height: 5’10” Weight: 150 lbs.
Eyes: Red Hair: Black, with wide streaks of dark red/red-orange, worn in a pageboy cut
Birthplace: Neverwinter (presumed)
Social Class: Middle (Bourgeois merchant/adventurer/Harper agent)
Current Residence: Ashgate’s Alchemy and Clockwork
Deities: Oghma (patron), Gond, Azuth
Physical Description: Sodon appears to be a moderately tall human, except for his unusual hair colors, his gleaming red eyes, and the fact that he never casts a shadow. The only other sign of his fiendish heritage (pit fiend, specifically) is that touching holy water or a blessed weapon is enough to cause him physical harm (1d6/round of contact). He typically wears dark-colored breeches, a blue or green shirt, with a grey vest and grey leather jerkin, along with a pair of brass-framed glasses (he’s very mildly myopic), leather gloves and a single bracelet (containing a “Neverwinter knife”), swapping his usual outfit for a chemise or smock as needed for his work. In actuality, the vest is shiftweave, and able to transform into four other complete outfits.
Ozzalum Posted - 25 Oct 2007 : 01:07:50
Would it be possible for everyone to provide a detailed physical description of their character? I know it kind of ruins the narrative to put a long "information dump" type description in your responses, but maybe we can get around that by providing them here?
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 18:02:08
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

depends on the time of day you ship them *grins*

Indeed, and I don't have a set time I had planned on sending them but it'll be sometime during my Wendesdays or Fridays. :)
Sian Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 17:59:32
depends on the time of day you ship them *grins*
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 17:11:46
Note:

I plan on sending the group log out on Wendesday and then another on Friday or Saturday but for now I'm sending out the private logs as soon as I get them written.

Those days are also by my days, which are on the East Coast, so some of those days might actually be a day behind those that live over seas.
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 15:44:50
quote:
Originally posted by frapast1981

Edit: I think that may be useful to have a list of the e-mail address of every member, so that we can reply only to the character who are present in a specific scene.

Well, the character and the DM. :) And ya should have everyone's email addies since I sent the group reply.
Sian Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 14:25:21
my character proberly aren't known by anyone ... though she just might know some tidbits about the others :p
frapast1981 Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 08:42:48
My character is Adindrin Nightflower, 33-years old CN Half-Moon Elf rogue, expert in lockpicking,scouting and ruin search. He is come to Berdusk in search of a friend named Merron, who is an Harper.
No problem at all in knowing each other. What the other fellow party members think about this?

Edit: I think that may be useful to have a list of the e-mail address of every member, so that we can reply only to the character who are present in a specific scene.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000