Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 PBEM Discussion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  04:37:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Heya's,

I've been pondering starting up another PBEM game, and yes, it is strictly going to be email, so no message boards, etc. However, the in game days tend to be slow if it's a PBEM, so it could take a week or two of real time to advance a day or two in game.

I believe I have at least one person who is interested but I was curious about who else might be. I'm thinking that I'd like at least two replies a week for each player, if it's possible, and I'd send out my DM's replies at least twice a week.

Hmmm. As for some info about the game, I'm not sure where I want to set the game and this time I was leaving it as a group decision nor do I have a theme or a plot created yet.

All I decided so far was that the chars would be mid level, so say around 10th level, instead of my usual start at 1st level. However, this could change depending on what type of replies I get and what everyone agrees to.

Uh, my FR is a lot different then canon FR but some of changes that have happened in the last decade or two might not even need to be discussed depending on what part of the time line to use. I guess what I'm saying here is the game doesn't have to be set in current FR time, it could be set in the future or even the past. There's 10,000+ years to play with. But again, depends on what everyone agrees to.

Hmm. Not sure what else to answer with right now.

I do allow 3rd party products if I own them or if someone is willing to supply me with the info they got the material from. Same goes with WOTC products, if I don't own them then I'd either say nay or send me the info. Oh yeah, obviously it is a mostly 3/3.5e game but I have a short list of 1e and 2e rules I still use but they are nothing major and so they don't change the current rule set that much.

Well, I'll wait to see what type of answers I get and I'll answer questions or comments so we can work on the characters, races, time period, place the campaign is going to start, etc.

I know this sounds a bit like I'm being lazy but I run campaigns that are usually more player driven so I want a lot of player input and I'll react to what the players come up with.

Edit: Oh, I'm going to max the players to around 4 to 6 because when there are more then that it tends to get long winded. But I'll run a campaign if there are fewer then 4.

Edit 2: My only other requirement is at least a paragraph each of character background (This could include family, lovers, mentors, enemies, etc) and description (Do I really need to explain some examples for this? :)).

Edit 3: Just remembered something. I'm also a DM who doesn't care if people want to play opposite gender characters. Especially for a email game and it's not a concern that I have issues with. Just bringing it up because there are some DM's that restrict genders to what their players are.

Edit 4: I really want to stress this point. Please create characters that YOU want to play. What I mean is that the campaign doesn't have to have a balance of classes. I'll create the campaign around the types of PC's I get. So don't force yourself to play a class to balance out the the group just because no other PC's are playing that class. I.E. if there is no divine healer, don't feel you need to create a divine healer to balance out the rest of the group. There will be ways to get healed if there is no healer.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Oct 2007 07:44:53

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  05:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i'm up for it just for the sake of trying ... have tried to get into PBEM two or three times but didn't have any great 'feel' for it at those times :) ... as i always have, i got a ton of diffent character ideas hidden away in diffent areas of my brain so anywhere goes for me as a player in terms of time and place and such ... even though it might mean a readup on a specific area ... but offhand i would say that an intruge would IMO be the most interesting,

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:07:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

i'm up for it just for the sake of trying ... have tried to get into PBEM two or three times but didn't have any great 'feel' for it at those times :) ... as i always have, i got a ton of diffent character ideas hidden away in diffent areas of my brain so anywhere goes for me as a player in terms of time and place and such ... even though it might mean a readup on a specific area ... but offhand i would say that an intruge would IMO be the most interesting,

Intrigue huh? Hmm, you mean like a game of cloak and dagger/spy type of intrigue or a game set in the Lands of Intrigue? :)

If you meant a intrigue type of game, there are a few organizations that could fit that, like the Harpers or the Moonstars, or maybe I'll create one depending on which area or time period we agree on.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Oct 2007 07:46:36
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:39:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm definitely interested -- so put me down as a "definitely maybe." And since the actual scheduling for the game itself doesn't impact too much on my available free time, I don't feel that there's really too much of an issue there.

I'm generally pretty flexible with racial choices, locations, and character classes/levels. So whatever you decide the general consensus to be, will be good enough for me.

And you already know I'm comfortable with campaigning in Realms games that don't feature most of the more current events in FR canon. So I don't have a problem with that either.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Oct 2007 06:44:01
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  07:04:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Well, I'm definitely interested -- so put me down as a "definitely maybe." And since the actual scheduling for the game itself doesn't impact too much on my available free time, I don't feel that there's really too much of an issue there.

I'm generally pretty flexible with racial choices, locations, and character classes/levels. So whatever you decide the general consensus to be, will be good enough for me.

And you already know I'm comfortable with campaigning in Realms games that don't feature most of the more current events in FR canon. So I don't have a problem with that either.

Well,

Toss out some ideas for chars and or the like.... or what you might want or might not want for the campaign. For example, most of my groups, going back to 2e, won't let me run Ravenloft or we only had small scenes that took place on the planes because they wanted to stay on Toril or on Faerun. So, stuff like that.....

What type of campaign do you want me to base around your character.... :)

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  08:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm up for something like this too. Been a while since I was able to play a PnP game (damn playgroup moving off to university), so yeah.. nice to play a game.

I think an intrigue style game would work best too. Fewer dice to roll, for one! I'd also like it set in fairly nowish times, so 1350 to 1370 odd. Just makes it easier to build a character with the resources I've got, although if others want a different timeframe, I'm happy with that too.
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  08:26:41  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm up for the "definitely maybe" option as well. I'll have to see what time and setting you choose, Kuje, before I go about picking a race and class, though I will say that I call dibs on a LG/LN/NG alignment. Any thoughts on regional/racial feats (totally optional, as bonus for backstory, or required?)?

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  08:52:03  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be interested, but I am not familiar with the 3ed. and I have no idea how a PBEM game would work as I have never participated in one. It sounds tempting though as it has been a bit slow when it comes to gaming here lately.
Go to Top of Page

frapast1981
Acolyte

Italy
29 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  08:58:19  Show Profile  Visit frapast1981's Homepage Send frapast1981 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Learned Scribe Kuje

i have never previously played a PBEM, but i know the principles about it. I would like to join your party if it's possible and if you don't mind the Hour difference between our countries.
I would like to play an intrigue-like sort of adventure.
I'm pretty flexible with racial choices, locations, and character classes/levels.
I don't have problem with any timeline you would choose.

Thank you very much
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  13:50:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Toss out some ideas for chars and or the like.... or what you might want or might not want for the campaign. For example, most of my groups, going back to 2e, won't let me run Ravenloft or we only had small scenes that took place on the planes because they wanted to stay on Toril or on Faerun. So, stuff like that.....
Well, I'm thinking about a Bard character, of sorts, at the moment. Or maybe one of those Bardic Sage-type characters from the DL setting -- I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm not sure what race yet, though.

I'd like for the adventure to feature some planar elements but, really, that's dependent upon how everyone else feels about that. I was going suggest a brief sojourn in Sigil, but again, that may not be to everyone's taste, and can often take the adventure away from the Realms all by itself.

I suppose that something deity-related would be nice. Perhaps about divine rituals and/or ceremonies [based only on what we know, since there's plenty that we don't].

I'd prefer it to be drow-free. I would think that probably also includes trying to avoid heading into the Underdark for any particular reason -- though, if that's the way the adventure's heading, then so be it.

I'll mentally meander about this a little more later this evening.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  13:58:28  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still some place left?

I would enjoy playing a dwarven character, but not the usual fighter / cleric type. I was thinking about some kind of wardrummer – so there would be a bard with the group.

Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  14:49:06  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah ... cloak/dagger style Intrigue maybe in a medium-to-Large sized city ... Berdusk prehaps ...

and for the record ... would like to get some outlined stuff about which stuff have/haven't happened otherwise than FR Canon ... IMO its easier to fiddle with characters when you know what you have to play with

futhermore ... how should the rules be, in terms of what should be on/off screen ?

Edited by - Sian on 19 Oct 2007 17:53:57
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  14:58:04  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Upps, when I asked about the Bard I hadn't read that The sage thought about something similar. Sorry for this – I don’t think that two fiddlers would do.

Just let me know if I could play – than I will be thinking about something else – Thanks Kuje

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  15:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I believe I have at least one person who is interested but I was curious about who else might be.

Hmmm, wonder who that might be? Same rules as before I take it, other than a higher level? I have an interesting idea for a cleric-type character, but I'll have to do a little research before I actually decide.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  15:13:13  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitly ineterested

Although i have never played this type of campain before and would need some explaination

I am well versed in 3.5

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all

Edited by - Aravine on 12 Oct 2007 15:16:06
Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  15:19:29  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I might very well be interested but could someone give me a quick lowdown on how play by email actually works?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  15:33:34  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested as well, kinda been missing the last PBEM. As long as you think the other players can stand me.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  15:46:49  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

I'd be interested as well, kinda been missing the last PBEM. As long as you think the other players can stand me.

Dunno....... might be a tough thing to do.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  17:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is going to sound really akward so I will leave it up to you guys, as a whole

My character(coincidentally named Aravine, Aravine Telethar) lived on Netheril before it fell. he was an outcast, a Sorcerer. When Netheril fell he was spared and was somehow put into suspended animation. At the time of this campain he is just now coming out of said status.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  17:19:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay,

let me try to answer some of the questions here.

FIRST: The player list is closed, I have ten people interested so they come first but if some of them drop out, I'll reopen the game to others.

Now, since there are ten of you interested, I can take all ten of you if you are willing to stick around and I could split you into different groups.

One group, it seems, looks to be interested in intrigue and that has my mind racing on some ideas. As for races and classes, as I said play a character you want to play but lets settle on races that are only up to around ECL +3 because beyond that the races tend to get into monsters, etc. Unless you want to play a monster type of character but be prepared to be threatened, etc, depending on what type of nation/town/city the PC's head into.

Third: I agree with sage, maybe no dark elves. I'm a bit tired of dark elves but if someone really wants to play a good aligned dark elf, but NO DRIZZT ClONES, then I'll think about it and the group can discuss it.

Fourth: Racial feats and starting money/eq. I always stick with the ones from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting because I don't care for the ones from the Player's Guide. As for magical items, I'll go through some books and give out magical items based on what seems to fit the character's background but, as I've said before, if you aren't happy with those magical items, we can discuss it.

Fifth: Jorkins. I wouldn't worry to much about the rules. As Kes and Kajehase could tell you, since they were in my last PBEM, I'm not a hard arse about rules and mostly they did rolls for combat and sometimes skill checks. I, especially for a PBEM, would rather just not worry so much about the rules and focus more on the RP but there will be times when the rules come into play. So, give it a try and if it seems to much, then you can decide what you want to do. And yes Kes, same rules. :)

Sixth: Quick email run down. When we get characters made, and I want a copy of the char sheet, I'll work on a starter email that includes the in game date, the in game weather, the current place the PC's are at, and then some opening paragraphs describing the scene. In return, you all send, to me, your characters actions and the like and I add them to my file and then once or twice a week I'll send out a email that combines all the characters actions. I know this probably doesn't make sense but I could dig up my old logs, on Keep, from last years email game. It'll give a example. Plus, Kes and Kaje could help out since they, as I said, where in that email game.

Seventh: I'm not concerned about the different time zones, which is one of the reasons why I run email games if I'm running a internet game. Reply when you have the time to and don't worry about the different time zones. Some of us are on the East Coast of the US, some of us are in the middle of the US, some of us are in England, some of us are in AUS, etc. But none of that matters because everyone can reply to my email or the players email when they have time to. All I request is that I receive at least two emails a week but if people want to write more, that's fine as well but I'll probably only be sending out my DM's logs twice a week.

Eighth: As I said in one of my edits to my first post. Play what you want. So if there are two bards, it doesn't matter. It works for me and I'll work the game around that. Don't feel you can't play a class or race that someone else is playing just cause there is one of that class/race. I WANT YOU to play a character you are going to enjoy playing and not one you feel you are forced into!

Ninth: Let me dig out my FR file and update it and I'll post the changes that are canon for my setting. It does need some update since it's been a year or two since I last looked it over. I'll post it today.

Tenth: Character creation. Please use this for stat generation. Roll 4d6 for each stat and drop lowest roll. So, for example, if you rolled for strength and you got 8, 2, 5, 6, you would drop the 2 and add up the 6, 5, 8 and that would be your strength score. You don't have to keep the first set, you can roll a handful of sets if you want but just don't mix and match the rolls. I.E. No taking the 20 from the second set, the 20 from the third set, and adding it to the fourth set you rolled. :)

Eleventh: Let me ask this, since Sage brought it up. We have two players interested in a intrigue type game and Berdusk was thrown out there as the starting city, so I'd probably figure ya'd be members of the Harpers since Berdusk is Harper City. So, who else might be interested in that type of game? Sage said he would want a little planar adventurering, at least to Sigil but mostly around Faerun. Is there anyone else interested in a Faerun/Sigil cross over? Note also that it won't be the 3e planes and it will be 2e's multiverse still. If that confuses people I'll detail how that works.

Well, I think that's all for now until I update my rules and canon sheet, which I'll post shortly.

Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  17:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I counted 11. Does that mean I am not one of the 10? (mopey face)

1 Sian
2 Sage
3 Uzzy
4 Daviot
5 Jorkens
6 frapast1981
7 Matthus
8 Kes_Alanadel
9 aravine
10 Ozzalum
11 Kajehase
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  17:40:19  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how the heck can you roll 8 on a d6 ... much less get out with a 20 for 3d6? Fugded AND loaded dice?

would mostly like a Faerun game ... but some minor dips into Sigil i wouldn't mind ... as long as it doesn't go on Planedrop overdrive ... i don't feel comfortable planartraveling

for stat rolls ... do you roll for each stat (no moving around with the numbers) or ... ?

Wouldn't mind if the it ended up with two groups ... since people as you note youself might have diffent things to be interested in

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:04:56  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This does sound intriguing, but will it give you much extra work to have me in the game when I have no knowledge of the 3ed. rules? I would have to create a 2ed. character. If this is not to much trouble I am in, even if i am a bit rusty as a player and have no idea of what I am letting myself in for.

Intrigue based sounds right to me and Berdusk is a great location. As for harper, I would guess that harper ally would be ok also? I was thinking of a roguish character, human fighter or thief as it seems there are enough bards.

As for the planes, why not?
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aye ... people should just as well be able to be allies of Harper ... the character i have in mind is more likely to be freelancing, but usually working together with Harpers, due to largely the same goals, than being a member of the group :)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:16:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

I counted 11. Does that mean I am not one of the 10? (mopey face)

1 Sian
2 Sage
3 Uzzy
4 Daviot
5 Jorkens
6 frapast1981
7 Matthus
8 Kes_Alanadel
9 aravine
10 Ozzalum
11 Kajehase

Oops, I forgot Kajehase. See, don't count when you are half awake. :) Sorry Kaje. Don't I feel dumb since I referenced you more then once.

Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
minor offtopic question ... how have your math abilites been lately?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:19:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

how the heck can you roll 8 on a d6 ... much less get out with a 20 for 3d6? Fugded AND loaded dice?

would mostly like a Faerun game ... but some minor dips into Sigil i wouldn't mind ... as long as it doesn't go on Planedrop overdrive ... i don't feel comfortable planartraveling

for stat rolls ... do you roll for each stat (no moving around with the numbers) or ... ?

Wouldn't mind if the it ended up with two groups ... since people as you note youself might have diffent things to be interested in

It was a example. :)

And you could get a 20 if you had uh, I dunno.... I know! With stat modifiers! :)

Aye, roll each stat using the 4d6 drop the lowest and then add stat modifiers for race.

Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:21:21  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
okay ... so ... you praticly say which stat you roll before you roll the dices?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:21:36  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll just convert your character Jorkins, so no worries.

And aye, you don't have to be Harpers, Harper allies work just as well or if you wanted to, if the game is set after the Moonstars formed, you could be a Moonstar spy that is spying on the Harpers, etc. Just an idea.

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Oct 2007 18:55:20
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:22:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aravine

This is going to sound really akward so I will leave it up to you guys, as a whole

My character(coincidentally named Aravine, Aravine Telethar) lived on Netheril before it fell. he was an outcast, a Sorcerer. When Netheril fell he was spared and was somehow put into suspended animation. At the time of this campain he is just now coming out of said status.

This sounds interesting. If you use this, I want details on why he was put into stasis, etc. Which enclave did he live on, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  18:30:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay here's my short, very short, list of 3/3.5e mechanic changes.

1) All knowledge and profession skills are class skills for every class. The profession and craft skills have been combined into one skill but use the Wisdom stat for figuring out the skill roll, bonuses, etc.

2) For those that have the Healing skill it also heals (if the check is made) 1d3 damage. If you have herbalism also gives a +1 to that 1d3. (Old rule for 2E, not really sure why they removed that, d3 hps isn’t that unbalanced).

3) If you want a spell, skill, prestige class, etc (prestige classes we would have to talk about though. I tend to be a stickler on prestige classes and feel they are over used but if it's some thing someone is interested in I will work it into the game as a roleplaying opportunity). Let me know what book it is in and if I have the book I’ll look it over, if I don’t have the book then I’ll ask for the info.

4) Character generation is 4d6 drop the lowest and then arrange stats to taste. For HP’s either use half the die # (so for example, for a barbarian it would be 6 + Con modifier) or roll a d12 + Con modifier and keep the number that you rolled. The regional feat is a free bonus feat but this is only from the feats from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, not the Player’s Guide. All alignments are open unless the players decide to restrict different alignments. Please include a seventh stat that is for Comeliness, which is basically appearance. Also, please send me a full list of nonmagical items that you purchased. I don’t want to see a character that has no clothing, rations, etc. I know, why does it matter? It does to me, trust me. :)

5) Also I tend not to worry too much about alignments, as long as some one supplies a good enough background, description, and info on their character then an alignment won’t really be needed unless the player is playing an evil character but even then, sometimes there are different backgrounds on why the character is evil.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000