Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 PBEM Discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 12 Oct 2007 : 04:37:19
Heya's,

I've been pondering starting up another PBEM game, and yes, it is strictly going to be email, so no message boards, etc. However, the in game days tend to be slow if it's a PBEM, so it could take a week or two of real time to advance a day or two in game.

I believe I have at least one person who is interested but I was curious about who else might be. I'm thinking that I'd like at least two replies a week for each player, if it's possible, and I'd send out my DM's replies at least twice a week.

Hmmm. As for some info about the game, I'm not sure where I want to set the game and this time I was leaving it as a group decision nor do I have a theme or a plot created yet.

All I decided so far was that the chars would be mid level, so say around 10th level, instead of my usual start at 1st level. However, this could change depending on what type of replies I get and what everyone agrees to.

Uh, my FR is a lot different then canon FR but some of changes that have happened in the last decade or two might not even need to be discussed depending on what part of the time line to use. I guess what I'm saying here is the game doesn't have to be set in current FR time, it could be set in the future or even the past. There's 10,000+ years to play with. But again, depends on what everyone agrees to.

Hmm. Not sure what else to answer with right now.

I do allow 3rd party products if I own them or if someone is willing to supply me with the info they got the material from. Same goes with WOTC products, if I don't own them then I'd either say nay or send me the info. Oh yeah, obviously it is a mostly 3/3.5e game but I have a short list of 1e and 2e rules I still use but they are nothing major and so they don't change the current rule set that much.

Well, I'll wait to see what type of answers I get and I'll answer questions or comments so we can work on the characters, races, time period, place the campaign is going to start, etc.

I know this sounds a bit like I'm being lazy but I run campaigns that are usually more player driven so I want a lot of player input and I'll react to what the players come up with.

Edit: Oh, I'm going to max the players to around 4 to 6 because when there are more then that it tends to get long winded. But I'll run a campaign if there are fewer then 4.

Edit 2: My only other requirement is at least a paragraph each of character background (This could include family, lovers, mentors, enemies, etc) and description (Do I really need to explain some examples for this? :)).

Edit 3: Just remembered something. I'm also a DM who doesn't care if people want to play opposite gender characters. Especially for a email game and it's not a concern that I have issues with. Just bringing it up because there are some DM's that restrict genders to what their players are.

Edit 4: I really want to stress this point. Please create characters that YOU want to play. What I mean is that the campaign doesn't have to have a balance of classes. I'll create the campaign around the types of PC's I get. So don't force yourself to play a class to balance out the the group just because no other PC's are playing that class. I.E. if there is no divine healer, don't feel you need to create a divine healer to balance out the rest of the group. There will be ways to get healed if there is no healer.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 28 Oct 2007 : 14:06:51
After thinking about it all weekend, I decided that I'll send my group updates every Monday, Wendesday, and Friday, leaving the weekend free.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 19:55:44
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Hmm, will I be emailing everyone else in my group, or just Kuje? Sorry, I'm just getting a little confused, because I understood that Kuje sends everyone an email, and they all respond just back to him.

Scroll down to the bottom of my email. :) I left some notes at the bottom explaining.....

But basically, if your post seems like a group post, hit reply all, if it seems like a private post then just send it to me. However, meeting with the contact will probably be a group post.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.
Kuje Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 19:54:07
quote:

Hmm, will I be emailing everyone else in my group, or just Kuje? Sorry, I'm just getting a little confused, because I understood that Kuje sends everyone an email, and they all respond just back to him.

Scroll down to the bottom of my email. :) I left some notes at the bottom explaining.....

But basically, if your post seems like a group post, hit reply all, if it seems like a private post then just send it to me. However, meeting with the contact will probably be a group post.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 19:49:42
Kuje Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 17:49:54
Works for me then, I was just wondering. :)
Jorkens Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 17:40:45
It looks like we don't know each other, at least that's how it seems as the scene has played itself out. I honestly prefer it that way, it makes for a more natural introduction.
Kuje Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 17:10:24
Grin,

Maybe, maybe he is. :)
Ozzalum Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 17:03:58
quote:
Also, was there an agreement about if any of you know each other?

I'm going to go with no for insular Ishiilik.

So where's that Daviot guy? Hung over from a late night in Berdusk? Liax really picked a bad morning for a meeting.
frapast1981 Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 16:51:09
No Kuje there wasn't.

Not openly know.
Kuje Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 16:49:13
Sorry guys. :)

Also, was there an agreement about if any of you know each other?
Jorkens Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 15:50:21
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

I went ahead and matched everyone up with a CK name, character name, and email address. Think of it as a logic puzzle. All the information you need is provided in the foregoing 8 pages and the emails sent out thus far.

Or I could just email it out to everyone...

As I just started doing something like that myself; yes please.
Ozzalum Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 15:35:46
I went ahead and matched everyone up with a CK name, character name, and email address. Think of it as a logic puzzle. All the information you need is provided in the foregoing 8 pages and the emails sent out thus far.

Or I could just email it out to everyone...
Sian Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 15:31:07
well ... have no clue to be sure ... doesn't know which alias you go by

futhermore ... when did you mail it?
Uzzy Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 15:16:12
Yup, that was me. Figured I would ask here as well, just incase my emails weren't getting through to everyone, but it appears that they are getting through to the majority of people. There, I'm happy!
Jorkens Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 15:05:24
Eh, I must admit that I am a little unsure who is who. If it was you who asked the same question by E-mail earlier I have gotten one mail from you two days ago, in addition to this question of course.
Ozzalum Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 14:45:03
Yup.
Uzzy Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 13:31:32
Alright, Burdusk Group.. are you getting my Email's? I'm getting a Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender Message whenever I try sending it, but only for one of the email addresses.
The Sage Posted - 24 Oct 2007 : 03:14:30
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Unfortunately, I hit a slight snag with regard to that PM you sent me Kuje. My update will have to wait until tomorrow [my time]. Sorry.

No worries. :) You got my weekend or so to get it done plus I'm still waitin on Rino and doing something for Kes.

Check your PMs.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 23 Oct 2007 : 03:24:25
Thank you! We're on a roll.
Kuje Posted - 23 Oct 2007 : 03:03:09
quote:

I've sent you an email with my MOSTLY finished character sheet. Thanks for your help, too.

Nod nod, no prob. And I answered alrdy. :) This is why I prefer email, I answer those faster. HAHAH.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 23 Oct 2007 : 02:32:21
I've sent you an email with my MOSTLY finished character sheet. Thanks for your help, too.
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 15:45:47
quote:

Got your email.

I'm at work now, but I'll send you a reply sometime later today.

No prob. :)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 14:34:22
Got your email.

I'm at work now, but I'll send you a reply sometime later today.
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 03:48:34
quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you!

Will do...

:) I'm fast, it's mostly done except for feats, skill points, languages, and whatever EQ you want. I left you a few notes on what is missing and how much you got to spend for money,skill pnts, etc.

Wow, thank you!

I have to go up for bed now, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I sent you a PM with my PC's basic history and vital info.

No prob, drop me a email morrow with questions and I'll try to answer them. My email was sent. :)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 03:46:33
quote:

quote:

Thank you!

Will do...

:) I'm fast, it's mostly done except for feats, skill points, languages, and whatever EQ you want. I left you a few notes on what is missing and how much you got to spend for money,skill pnts, etc.

Wow, thank you!

I have to go up for bed now, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I sent you a PM with my PC's basic history and vital info.
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 03:40:31
quote:

Thank you!

Will do...

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 03:25:20
Thank you!

Will do...
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 03:17:29
quote:

quote:

If not, then roll 4 d6's and drop the lowest score. Repeat for the next six stats. Then arrange to taste or reroll a new set of 7 stats until you get a set that seems fitting.

I don't have any IM systems hooked up right now, sorry.

I could just use regular standard dice for that, right? I don't have four dice on me right now, but I could probably acquire some tomorrow. If time is an issue, I would be OK with you rolling stats for me. I won't be picky about it.

Sure, I could do that. :) Hey, PM a email addy and I'll start a character sheet for you, which you can fill in with info that I'm missing.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 03:13:00
quote:

If not, then roll 4 d6's and drop the lowest score. Repeat for the next six stats. Then arrange to taste or reroll a new set of 7 stats until you get a set that seems fitting.

I don't have any IM systems hooked up right now, sorry.

I could just use regular standard dice for that, right? I don't have four dice on me right now, but I could probably acquire some tomorrow. If time is an issue, I would be OK with you rolling stats for me. I won't be picky about it.
Kuje Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 02:34:09
quote:

Hmm, I hate saying this, but would someone (perhaps through PM) be willing to help me on generating the mechanical side of my character? I'm not sure how to roll up her stats, for example. Otherwise, I pretty much know exactly what my character is going to be. I just need to come up with her name (she is a human female wizard--that's it), and write up a brief history for her.

Thanks,

RF

If you have a IM program, like AIM, MSN messanger, or Yahoo, I'll be here all night till 2 or 3AM eastern. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000