Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Write ups for WOTC Mid 2007 range

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 11:29:34
Knightfall1972 made this find over at Enworld

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=181079

Including the write up for Scouring of the weave

Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land
A Forgotten Realms Supplement
Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid

Elminster’s tower lies in ruins, and the town of Shadowdale has been conquered by evil Sharrans and the nefarious forces of Zhentil Keep. To drive the villains out of Shadowdale, the heroes must organize and lead a desperate revolt of Dalesfolk against their conquerors, as well as thwart the sinister designs of Shar’s servants and the Zhent garrison.

Shadowdale: The Weave Unwinding is the second part of a three-part series of 160-page hardcover super-adventures set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, although it can be easily played as a stand-alone adventure. In addition to encounters, this book contains detailed source material on the town of Shadowdale and environs
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brian R. James Posted - 23 Nov 2006 : 02:35:26
It sounds like Zhentil Keep is no longer the push-over it has been in the past. Personally I'm excited to see how this plays out.
ericlboyd Posted - 23 Nov 2006 : 00:30:53
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy
... and both Eytan and Eric have said it sounds good.

Eytan did. Just to be clear, I can't really say it "sounds good" as I wrote the majority of it.

I also can't talk about it yet. Sorry. However, I do hope that fans of the Realms will be happy. We did our best to create a cool Realms adventure that could be used in a variety of ways (at various points in time and for various campaign reasons) that was very faithful to existing Realmslore, obscure and well-known.

--Eric
The Sage Posted - 23 Nov 2006 : 00:25:49
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

I'm not involved in writing these, but I think you should give it a chance. Some really cool stuff is happening with these books.

I'm more than willing to give the accessory itself a chance, though I still feel that the concept itself will ultimately be somewhat unappealing for my FR. I like Elminster and Shadowdale, and by extension, the Dalelands, the way they are.
Skeptic Posted - 23 Nov 2006 : 00:23:56
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Concurs. And I just don't really like the idea of El's tower being destroyed. Maybe it's just me, but I like the way the toys are arranged in the sandbox as it it. There's still plenty for me to play with without knocking half of them over.

I feel the exact same way.

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's the last "shadow dale attack" published ever

I would prefer that El be kept alive and that he stay in Shadowdale at the end also.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 23:45:37
quote:

Concurs. And I just don't really like the idea of El's tower being destroyed. Maybe it's just me, but I like the way the toys are arranged in the sandbox as it it. There's still plenty for me to play with without knocking half of them over.

I feel the exact same way.
Dargoth Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 23:22:32
Have to say Im not real impressed with the line up for the FR in 2007

Out of the 3 announced products Im really only interested in Expedition to Undermountain and considering the last FR book for 2007 is likely to be part 3 of the super adventures trilogy its going to ben 1 out of 4.

3 Super adventures and no regional sources books is just ridiculous Im seriously left wondering whether the head of the FR department is Bipolar the realms has swung from a NO modules policy to a NOTHING BUT MODULES policy

Assuming we got 5 products a year the split should be this

1x General realms source book
1x City Regional source book (ie Like CoS)
1x Normal regional source book
1x Super Module
1x 32-92 page mini module

Plus 3-4 FR modules each year in Dungeon

The current policy is nuts
Reefy Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 22:46:02
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'm not involved in writing these, but I think you should give it a chance. Some really cool stuff is happening with these books.

Oh, I'm quite willing to give these books a chance. I'm just curious about the two-title thing, and I'm hoping it's a big adventure that isn't an RSE. I've nothing against RSEs, but we have had an awful lot of them in a short amount of time.

Concurs. And I just don't really like the idea of El's tower being destroyed. Maybe it's just me, but I like the way the toys are arranged in the sandbox as it it. There's still plenty for me to play with without knocking half of them over. That said, I'm not opposed to somebody taking Shadowdale, it's not invincible. I'm certainly curious to see what happens though, and both Eytan and Eric have said it sounds good.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 22:36:24
quote:

Oh, I'm quite willing to give these books a chance. I'm just curious about the two-title thing, and I'm hoping it's a big adventure that isn't an RSE. I've nothing against RSEs, but we have had an awful lot of them in a short amount of time.
RodOdom Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 22:26:09
If I can make a suggestion to the writers and editors up at Wizards. Please include a "story thus far" introduction at the start of upcoming RSE products like "Scouring". I love Realmslore, but I have a hard time keeping track of the continuity between the recent trilogies. In the games I ran recently I just ignored all these events to make things simpler and more enjoyable. However, some official material that tells me which how RSE events (Archwizards, Rage, Last Mythal, Blackstaff, etc.) would affect the use of a particular module or setting would make it a lot easier for me to use new products.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 22:14:44
quote:

I'm curious enough to check this out, sure, but so far the little promo hasn't left a good impression on me.

And it doesn't help that the product seems to have two titles: "The Scouring of the Land" and "The Weave Unwinding". And the silly term "super-adventure".
EytanBernstein Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 22:01:34
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 21:44:59
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

Looks like another event I'll have to ignore. Sigh.

I hope not. I can't really say much now, obviously, but I think this adventure could be used at almost any point in the timeline.

--Eric

Nod.... just the whole concept, just bothers me. Ah well.

Ditto. It doesn't help that this seems to be coming right on the tail of another "shake it up and destroy it!" story arc.
Dargoth Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 20:57:30
Hmm Amazon have Expedition to Undermountain listed as a June release but theres no sign of it on the WOTC product page.....
The Sage Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 15:44:46
Oh, and I've opened a scroll in the "WotC News" section for discussion regarding the other D&D products listed in the EN World thread Dargoth linked to above.

You can find it here:- http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8267
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 15:31:33
I don't mind the idea that much, not that El bothers me or anything, it's just that it seems logical that sooner or later someone would succeed with conquering Shadowdale... I'll see what the series is like and prolly use it only as a backdrop...unless Tearing of the Weave can also be played with higher level characters.
The Sage Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 15:06:03
quote:

quote:

I hope not. I can't really say much now, obviously, but I think this adventure could be used at almost any point in the timeline.

--Eric

Even so, I can't say the concept itself appeals to me.
Kuje Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 14:57:18
quote:

quote:

--Eric

Nod.... just the whole concept, just bothers me. Ah well.
ericlboyd Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 14:53:08
quote:

--Eric
The Sage Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 14:51:42
quote:

I'm curious as to what happens to Elminster...

Indeed.

I'd like to know a little more on this...

As for the details themselves... I'm going to have to agree with Kuje on this. It's likely this event won't feature in my FR.
Skeptic Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 14:47:18
quote:

Ed talked about some Elminster BIG mistake at GenCon...
Krafus Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 14:42:06
Considering what we learned about the shades and Prince Rivalen in particular in Paul Kemp's Shadowbred, I wouldn't be surprised if the shades had something to do with the destruction of Elminster's tower.
Kuje Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 14:36:40
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 13:39:16
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 13:14:57
Sounds good...the timeline being moved forward through adventures.

I just hope that the events will be considered in the novels...
Keravin Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 12:49:17
Because it's Shadowdale I'm less interested as I never want to run a game set around there again.

The Eberron book on the other hand looks great.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 22 Nov 2006 : 12:21:47
Wauuu great looking forward to the new Shadowdale: The Weave Unwinding

This seem interesting : Shadowdale: The Weave Unwinding

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000