Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Questions for Wizards of the Coast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  21:21:59  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I want answers to these questions:

Why is the timeline being advanced ten years?
Why, once more, are 'significant changes' being made?
Why do you keep up RSEs and think they're justified?
Why are publishing resources diverted to all this from detailing the Realms?
What do you mean to do about Ed's Realmslore backlog?
Will we see characters like Mirt and Durnan get their due before they die of old age?
Why, unlike every other time this stuff is pulled, will the results will be positive this time?
Why should we trust your custodianship of the Realms, which were effectively a gift to TSR?

(Were these things not asked at the seminar?)

After 20 years, we deserve frank and honest speaking on these big questions.

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  21:32:19  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1E -> 2E : The Time of Trouble offers an in-game explanation of the changes, many peoples doesn't like it.

2E -> 3E : Retroactive continuity explains most of the changes, again, many peoples doesn't like it.

3E -> 4E : They are trying to use an in-game explanation (Spellplague, etc.) that is more limited than ToT was. It seems fair to me.

Also, IMHO, DNDInsider is probably our best chance to get our eyes on old lore written by Ed.

Like many of scribes here, I don't like the so fast pace of change of the Realms, but I sincerly think that 4E Realms is on track to correct many mistakes of 3E Realms. If it costs 10 years to do it, I'm fine with that.

Edited by - Skeptic on 20 Aug 2007 01:04:49
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  21:54:12  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Andy Collins is planing on looking at the forums that should not be mention after he returns home from GenCom.

There might be a few answers offered, however in general WotC is not answering many questions already asked.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  00:59:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

That's what I'm wondering. If nothing else, I've love to know the rationale behind the serious timeline jump-ahead.

Of course, it's unlikely I'll be buying any 4E Realms sourcebooks because of all these changes--fine with me, I can use that money to buy a new perfume or two! Or, order some more 2E sourcebooks from nobleknight.com.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 20 Aug 2007 01:03:26
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  03:25:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Will we see characters like Mirt and Durnan get their due before they die of old age?
Why, unlike every other time this stuff is pulled, will the results will be positive this time?
Why should we trust your custodianship of the Realms, which were effectively a gift to TSR?

I don't recall there being any mention of the timeline being advanced to any particular date. The only thing we were provided with is a date for the Spellplague.

We don't know why significant changes are being made. If it's a business decision it may have a lot to do with having a Realms to read about at all.

Mirt and Durnan have received far more of their due than most satellite characters in the Realms IMHO.

Who says it was negative before?

How would anyone outside of Ed and his players know about the Realms if it wasn't for TSR? How would I have got to meet him and others?

Faraer, I understand your concerns, we'll chat about them soon.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 20 Aug 2007 03:27:03
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  03:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

We don't know why significant changes are being made. If it's a business decision it may have a lot to do with having a Realms to read about at all.

Could you clarify this a bit? I'll always have a Realms to read about, thanks to all the older sourcebooks and novels.

quote:
How would anyone outside of Ed and his players know about the Realms if it wasn't for TSR? How would I have got to meet him and others?

Very true.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  03:38:47  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Could you clarify this a bit? I'll always have a Realms to read about, thanks to all the older sourcebooks and novels.

That's mean that if we want new FR content, the Realms products must sold at least to make some benefits. I doubt that all the "canon nazi" of Candlekeep/ALFA is a sufficient market to care only about them

Edited by - Skeptic on 20 Aug 2007 03:39:27
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  03:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:

That's mean that if we want new FR content, the Realms products must sold at least to make some benefits. I doubt that all the "canon nazy" of Candlekeep/ALFA is a sufficient market to care only about them

Uh, Skeptic, I'm aware of the business/capitalist argument, thank you. But it still begs the question I had in mind.

Who knows, maybe WotC knows for a fact that the setting could not possibly stay afloat or sell if not for all these changes. But I don't think I can be blamed for being a...ahem, skeptic about that.

PS: Canon-nazy? I don't think I quite fit that description at this point, after publicly declaring that I'm ignoring plenty of canon events.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 20 Aug 2007 03:44:29
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  03:54:23  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Who knows, maybe WotC knows for a fact that the setting could not possibly stay afloat or sell if not for all these changes. But I don't think I can be blamed for being a...ahem, skeptic about that.

Sorry, I was just kidding a bit, I should have added one or two more smiley

They seem to believe that fast-paced ever-changing Realms sell better than the opposite. It's kinda hard to say they're right or wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  03:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Sorry, I was just kidding a bit, I should have added one or two more smiley

OK.

quote:
They seem to believe that fast-paced ever-changing Realms sell better than the opposite.

I guess so--otherwise, why would they make such a decision? Time will tell if they are right...

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  14:20:46  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The whole idea of spell plague and magic devastation across faerun just makes me think they're going to turn faerun into eberron.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  15:07:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

The whole idea of spell plague and magic devastation across faerun just makes me think they're going to turn faerun into eberron.

Considering that magic use is so widespread as to be nearly mundane on Eber-whatsit, I don't see this one happening, myself.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  17:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't recall there being any mention of the timeline being advanced to any particular date. The only thing we were provided with is a date for the Spellplague.
I'm going from what Brian James said.
quote:
Mirt and Durnan have received far more of their due than most satellite characters in the Realms IMHO.
If they were satellite characters, that would be great.
quote:
Me. But the plea for openness applies regardless of the position I'm coming from. Realms brand managers (using the term loosely), including Jim Butler and Rich Baker, have often been open within limited windows; but the overall picture, especially from the novels side, is opaque. I've just run out of enthusiasm to watch the Realms folded and spindled without knowing why.
quote:
That's sometimes been the insinuation, but I'm not taking it on trust without even having been asked to. I rather think the Realms would now be more popular, and more respected, had it been less abused in the past, and better able to fulfil its own strengths.
quote:
I don't know what you're arguing with here. (Though, in answer: I wonder.)
quote:
Faraer, I understand your concerns, we'll chat about them soon.
Yup.
quote:
I guess so--otherwise, why would they make such a decision? Time will tell if they are right...
It won't if the alternative is never tried.

I would love to believe that the Realms is in great hands, and that past mistakes will be undone, but I'm not going to on faith.

Edited by - Faraer on 20 Aug 2007 18:24:32
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  20:44:01  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Me. But the plea for openness applies regardless of the position I'm coming from. Realms brand managers (using the term loosely), including Jim Butler and Rich Baker, have often been open within limited windows; but the overall picture, especially from the novels side, is opaque. I've just run out of enthusiasm to watch the Realms folded and spindled without knowing why.

Oh but there is a positive side to these 'events', all the glaring holes and inconsistencies that appear in Realmslore 'every time this stuff is pulled' are meat&drink for the likes of George et al. Just look back at what interesting Realmslore bits and pieces have developed because of mistakes. The fall-out of the TOT and likely Spellplague is likely going to generate good discussions on forums like Candlekeep.
Having said this, I'm still not sold on the idea of 4e...
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2007 :  00:12:33  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here here! I agree wholeheartedly, Mumadar! I rejoice in every little inconsistency and seeming "error", because it gives George and Eric and Ed and even us fans the opportunity to craft some really splendid Realmslore to fill in the gaps and explain away those "errors".

I believe we have seen some darn fine lore spun on account of it. As a reader and a DM I love the challenge that a good old continuity gaffe provides. I know that I have thought up some fantastic plot arcs for my own campaigns because of them, and have enjoyed countless hours in the forums discussing such things.
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2007 :  16:23:56  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I, too, think it would be great if WotC was a bit more forthcoming. Its not that I necessarily think that they're doing things wrong, [or right], as that I wish they were more verbose about the things they do and why they do them. This includes, prominently, changes to settings like the Realms. I don't expect this to happen; they're a company doing business, and are under no obligation beyond courtesy to tell their consumers anything at all about the "behind the scenes" process. We already get some much appreciated insights from people like Rich Baker, but more is always welcome. I think it would help. Even if people still weren't happy with the changes made, there would at least be a fully detailed reason for those changes. We would know WotC had answers.

For instance, I've got a couple questions of my own. I don't expect them to be answered, but its nice to put them out there, and perhaps some of our own wiser sages may have some insights:

Dragon and Dungeon as reincarnated on line will cost money as they should, but at the moment all articles on the WotC D&D site seem to fall under the D&D Insider heading. This means that I cannot read anything, anything at all, without signing in to D&D Insider, which will have a subscription fee in a month or two. Why is everything placed under this pay to view system? Two weeks ago I could read "Save My Game", "Design and Development", and "Realmslore" for absolutely free. Heck, even the "&" 4E intro article by Bill Slavicsec requires registration. Even the hype train costs money now! What gives?

Why has Living Greyhawk been axed, and with it the last ongoing, [the Expedition adventure excluded], support of any kind for that setting? I'm not a particular fan myself, but it seems quite a shame.

Why has the RPGA been saddled with Living Realms, which a lot of them don't know a great deal about and do not seem to want? By all evidence much of Realms cannon is planned out years and years in advance. How will this be in any way possible once the Living campaign's cannon by statistical outcome starts effecting the setting? How will novel authors and lore designers possibly plan their products with RPGA play potentially changing cannon on a monthly basis? This one really does have me stumped.

As for the 4E change over in the form of the Spellplague: I agree with Skeptic. In the past both a massive in game change over and a retcon have been tried and both made people mad. This seems to be one of those situations where its just not possible to make everybody happy, so they chose the way they thought would work the best and annoy the fewest people. Sounds fairly reasonable to me, [though I'm leery of another RSE.] We'll see how it works out.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  00:27:23  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Here here! I agree wholeheartedly, Mumadar! I rejoice in every little inconsistency and seeming "error", because it gives George and Eric and Ed and even us fans the opportunity to craft some really splendid Realmslore to fill in the gaps and explain away those "errors".

I believe we have seen some darn fine lore spun on account of it. As a reader and a DM I love the challenge that a good old continuity gaffe provides. I know that I have thought up some fantastic plot arcs for my own campaigns because of them, and have enjoyed countless hours in the forums discussing such things.

I don't think the issue here (in this thread) is errors and continuity problems, but rather RSEs, and whether or not they are good for the setting when they happen one after another in such a short period of time.

At least, that's what I (and I'm sure Faraer) was talking about.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 29 Aug 2007 00:29:06
Go to Top of Page

JEThetford
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  01:56:17  Show Profile  Visit JEThetford's Homepage Send JEThetford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Faraer

No one said that it was being advanced ten years. They said that the Spell plague starts in ten years.

To fix what is broken with 3.5 and to bring the Realms back to a rich, Lore entrenched fantasy setting and away from the crunch taht 3.5 brought us.I

Without them, the Reams would become stagnant. The Realms is a living, breathing entity and without growth, death occurs.

Not sure what you are asking here.

Ed will probably continue to work on the Lore in his spare time (which all who know him is when he is sleeping)

Depends on where they put the timeline.

The positive will be that the Realms will become rich with lore again. Ed will be able to dig through all of those piles of Realms Lore that is piled up in his basement and get some of them out to his faithful readers.

TSR nearly ran the Realms into bankruptcy. Wotc seems to have done what the majority of the fans wanted when it came to Realms books and Core books.

We got most of them at the Seminars. What they could not tell us was the advancement of the Timeline and the great impact of the Spellplague on the Realms. That will come out soon enough.

I have been a fan of DnD for 30yrs and a fan of the Realms since the early 1990's. I would love nothing more that to see Ed take control of the reigns of his creation and go forth into the night of imagination and bring us rich realms canon and lore.

Hope this helps.

The only good Drow, is a dead Drow.

Aaomas Balkrim, Drow Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  02:22:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JEThetford

No one said that it was being advanced ten years. They said that the Spell plague starts in ten years.

I don't want to argue with you. However, to me this is a matter of connecting the dots.

They said the Spellplague starts in ten years. Have they not also said that Spellplague is going to explain 4E rule changes (instead of retconning like last time, rule changes are being explained with an in-game event)? Why on earth, then, would they release 4E material with 4E rules if the Spellplague hasn't happened yet on the official timeline?

quote:
To fix what is broken with 3.5 and to bring the Realms back to a rich, Lore entrenched fantasy setting and away from the crunch taht 3.5 brought us.

I thought the Realms was a rich, lore-entrenched setting at the current time. I also don't think the setting needs a RSE to maintain it's lore-rich nature.

quote:
Without them, the Reams would become stagnant. The Realms is a living, breathing entity and without growth, death occurs.

No offense, but you say that as if it's self-evident. You also equate RSEs with growth. RSEs are not the only type of growth.

For my part, I'm not against RSEs per se. I am against how quickly they seem to be occuring in such a short period of time. Even if they all make perfect sense individually, they tend to step on each other when not spaced far enough apart, and I've also found that the consequences of these events are rarely if ever thought about very much. The only recent novel I've read so far that really has a sense of cause-and-effect with regards to the latest major events is Shadowbred.

quote:
The positive will be that the Realms will become rich with lore again. Ed will be able to dig through all of those piles of Realms Lore that is piled up in his basement and get some of them out to his faithful readers.

He is already doing that at the current time, and has been for years. Have you seen Ed's scroll in the Chamber of Sages forum?

That has nothing to do with 4E or the upcoming Spellplague as far as I can tell.

Please don't take any of what I said personally. I'm not trying to start a heated argument with you, but I also disagree with your take on some things.

Take care,

RF

PS: Upon reading your answers, I think you may have been talking about 3E/3.5E sourcebooks and how they might have been lacking in-depth Realmslore. My answers aren't intended to defend these books; I am talking about the setting as a whole. I also don't think we need a RSE to have better sourcebooks.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 29 Aug 2007 02:33:00
Go to Top of Page

JEThetford
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  02:50:59  Show Profile  Visit JEThetford's Homepage Send JEThetford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by JEThetford

He is already doing that at the current time, and has been for years. Have you seen Ed's scroll in the Chamber of Sages forum?

What I mean is published by Wotc Lore.

That has nothing to do with 4E or the upcoming Spellplague as far as I can tell.

Please don't take any of what I said personally. I'm not trying to start a heated argument with you, but I also disagree with your take on some things.

Take care,

RF

It takes a lot to make me upset and I always take what people say as opinion. I have learned, through many years of self-searching, meditation mental expansion that we are all just experience and whatever you have to say about what I say I would love to hear.
PS: Upon reading your answers, I think you may have been talking about 3E/3.5E sourcebooks and how they might have been lacking in-depth Realmslore. My answers aren't intended to defend these books; I am talking about the setting as a whole. I also don't think we need a RSE to have better sourcebooks.

You are right about the 3E/3.5 books. However I will politely disagree with the rest.

Namaste

The only good Drow, is a dead Drow.

Aaomas Balkrim, Drow Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  04:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JEThetford

It takes a lot to make me upset and I always take what people say as opinion. I have learned, through many years of self-searching, meditation mental expansion that we are all just experience and whatever you have to say about what I say I would love to hear.

Wow--that's a nice attitude to have. Thanks for sharing your opinion as well.

Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2007 :  16:41:53  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I retract part of my previous complaint; it very much appears that us unfortunate plebeians who are not D&D insiders may now read Realmslore at our leisure. There is a new installment up, "The Purple Halls" by Rich Baker, and I can access it no questions asked. This is truly appreciated. However, I cannot help but wonder why Design and Development and Playtest Report remain classified as Dragon articles and thus closed to lesser mortals. If I'm not mistaken, both these collumns are providing readers insights into 4 E. Would it not be beneficial to spread this information among as many people as possible? In eight months we are going to be asked to pay considerable sums for this system; some free insight into its creation would be nice. Again, I'm not questioning the validity of D&D insider as an idea; I'm just saying that, thus far, their choices as to what content to make us pay for have been kind of strange.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2007 :  01:06:31  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are all necessary questions that I'd really like to see answered.

In fact, I'd like to add two of my own - What happens to those plot hooks left hanging from 2E, or even those from 3E? Will there be any effort made by designers to explore these in 4E "Forgotten Realms?"

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Lady Kazandra on 03 Sep 2007 01:08:07
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2007 :  03:47:58  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by initiate

I retract part of my previous complaint; it very much appears that us unfortunate plebeians who are not D&D insiders may now read Realmslore at our leisure. There is a new installment up, "The Purple Halls" by Rich Baker, and I can access it no questions asked. This is truly appreciated. However, I cannot help but wonder why Design and Development and Playtest Report remain classified as Dragon articles and thus closed to lesser mortals. If I'm not mistaken, both these collumns are providing readers insights into 4 E. Would it not be beneficial to spread this information among as many people as possible? In eight months we are going to be asked to pay considerable sums for this system; some free insight into its creation would be nice. Again, I'm not questioning the validity of D&D insider as an idea; I'm just saying that, thus far, their choices as to what content to make us pay for have been kind of strange.

Well Insider is free for about 8.5 months so you should be able to read the pitiful little that is being released.

Try http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd you need to register (if not already a member of the Boards that should not be mentioned), have cookies enabled and have Javascript enabled.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2007 :  22:01:37  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

These are all necessary questions that I'd really like to see answered.

In fact, I'd like to add two of my own - What happens to those plot hooks left hanging from 2E, or even those from 3E? Will there be any effort made by designers to explore these in 4E "Forgotten Realms?"

I would like to think so - the sheer volume of throwaway references that could be built on sewn into the lore over many years means that I would expect at least some to be expanded on. This is also a tried and trusted trick - the return of Shade, for example, so I would expect the designers to mine old lore and hooks to develop new ideas. Maybe that's naive optimism on my part, but I'd certainly like to think so.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000