Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Oboulds Kingdom
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julian Grimm
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  06:09:09  Show Profile Send Julian Grimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone have a map or an exact fix on the borders of this? I've looked around and can't seem to find much.

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  06:19:02  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure we'll get too much definate about this until perhaps later this year. I know they mention some borders in the novels, but I'm terrible at matching novel descriptions up with maps that don't spell things out. I think we might see some more formal information on all of this when The Orc King comes out this fall.

Other than that, I'm sure one or two of our more geograhically inclined scribes might have gotten a better fix on Obould's borders in the Hunter's Blades trilogy than I managed to.

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 11 Feb 2007 06:20:28
Go to Top of Page

Julian Grimm
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  18:39:11  Show Profile Send Julian Grimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for the new novel. The best I could do at fixing it was that it was pretty much at the door to Mithril Hall stretching down to the Troll Moors and possibly back north to Dark Arrow Keep. However I don't have my map in front of me and it's been awhile since I finished the "Hunters Blades Trilogy".

The above is what I decided to do for my FR since it puts the Silver Marches into a more cut off position and forces them into being sandwiched between Obould and the Anarouch.
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  19:32:42  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salvator's short story in Realms of the Elves, "Comrades At Odds" has some information regarding the borders.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  00:12:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I'm not sure we'll get too much definate about this until perhaps later this year. I know they mention some borders in the novels, but I'm terrible at matching novel descriptions up with maps that don't spell things out.

Me too (*laughs*). It's possible the actual political borders haven't even been defined yet.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000