Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Neverwinter Nights Collections Edition!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  17:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It just aint fair Check this out... http://nwn.bioware.com/about/collectors.html

Im fighting with myself not to buy this again just for the extra stuff..... im a sucker for anything with an FR logo on

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  17:44:46  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grmblll!!

Seeing this nice announcement from Rad made me want to look at the product. Seeing I liked it, I though why not go ahead and buy it... I'll be ***mned that it cannot be ordered through the European Amazon sites...

Trying to buy it through the US site and they come up with the message that they cannot ship this type of product outside the US.

Makes me want to rant against manufacturers of computergames, cd's and movies. Why Is the US SO important that they have to have different priorities when it comes to releasing products. Biggest example is on movies and DVD's ... the entire region encoding system is something which should be brought to and international court. It is discriminating...

<sorry for the rant, but this type of things p####s me off>
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  18:04:37  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being curious to the reasons why, I've sent a letter (below) to Bioware (nwninfo@bioware.com). I'll keep the forum up to date on any reply received.

Dear Sir, Madam,

Having noticed the advertisement of the collectors edition of the Neverwinter Nights game (http://nwn.bioware.com/about/collectors.html), I was very intrigued and set out to purchse the item on-line.

The website featured a convenient link to Amazon.com where I started the purchasing sequence. To my dismay however, the product cannot be shipped to addresses outside the US.

Not giving up, and following Amazon's link to one of their European sites, I tried to order the product there. My dismay and frustration only grew, when I noticed that the product is not available in Europe.

I understand there is a large customer base in the US, but it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that the non-US market is under-estimated and not taken as much care of. A missed opportunity in my humble opinion.

As I (still) have an address in the US, I can have it shipped there and need to arrange for further transportation to Europe, though this is not the solution I would like to use. Especially not in my current occupation, which has taken me from one place in Europe to the US to another place in Europe.

Is there another opportunity Bioware can offer to it's non-US customers? Or is the product scheduled for later release in the rest of the world?

Kind regards,

JP Hazelhoff

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  18:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You rant away til your hearts content Mumadar, and ill certainly stand on the front line with you!

I constantly feel discriminated against for not being American! My ancient rant has been on the availability of D&D material over here, the advertising and distribution is abysmal and really gets my back up! Not just because I cant get my hands on the stuff, but because the publishers just dont seem to care about fans outside the US! And now theres also an issue with UK Dragon subscribers! I certainly wont be renewing!

Back to this issue, id LOVE to get my hands on the collectors edition as theres much other material, other than that actual game which i already have, that would be very useful and enjoyable to me (the soundtrack CD, artbook being the greatest asset IMO). I believe that Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale were both released in collectors editions........which I never saw in stores over here in the UK.

All this finally wears me down so much that I just feel like giving up and abandoning the whole thing! It shouldnt have to be a fight to locate and purchase products of my hobby! Its only my determination, stubborness and love for the Realms that makes me strive to collect it all...... how many other fans havent got the determination and have given up? I know of two of my friends who have only this year.

Lord Rad

Edited by - Lord Rad on 18 Dec 2002 18:21:36
Go to Top of Page

kellinjar
Acolyte

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  04:28:33  Show Profile  Visit kellinjar's Homepage Send kellinjar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A suggestion if you want alot of stuff not available over seas... just get it sent to a trusted person in the states or canada (canada is able to purchase all things available only in the US, generally speaking) Have it shipped to them and for a few bucks maybe 6-10 US you can have it shipped overseas....
or just hoound the companies until they do it themselves ;)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  08:37:38  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyway, if any of you lucky Americans\Canadians buys this new collectors edition..... what do you think of it? is it really worth buying it again? Whats the extra stuff like? I particularly like the sound of the artbook! ::drool::

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  12:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*dumps a bunch of snow on Mumadar* I think you know what that's for.
It's a shame I can't order stuff on my own yet...
Rad, thank you for making this post. It looks like I have a new B-day gift to ask for! And as usual, I'm going to tell you that it's not really easy in the US to get stuff either. I still have to go to B&N to get some books- BECAUSE THEY CAN BE FOUND NO WHERE ELSE WITHIN AT LEAST 1 HOUR FROM MY HOUSE!

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  17:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just following a couple of links, I ended up at Gamestop. They are charging $20.99 shipping for NWN Collectors edition. Not too bad considering, I suppose! I still shouldnt be necessary though

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  21:14:00  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Im fighting with myself not to buy this again just for the extra stuff..... im a sucker for anything with an FR logo on

Worth buying for just for the poster of Lady Aribeth
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  21:56:22  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just can't wait to get my hands on one of those. It usally gets to Sweden after a while. All American things do it seems.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2002 :  16:56:44  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen
Worth buying for just for the poster of Lady Aribeth

Welcome back to Candlekeep kahonen, good to hear from you again, its been a long time

Im not sure if its the same poster but I have a large poster of Lady Aribeth (I think its her anyway), which i picked up from GENCON as a free promotional poster (i actually picked up a handful just incase one got lost, one got damaged, one got....... well you get the idea

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2002 :  17:04:47  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How many are now pinned/glued on the ceiling above your bed?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2002 :  17:09:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How dare.......... hmmmm, actually thats quite a good idea

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  16:42:48  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey if you guys want it, I'd suggest ordering through Amazon.com, they just put it to 50% off ($39.99) as of today, it appears, cause yesterday or the day before it was still $69.99
Just thought i'd let you know... oh and there's also an expansion coming out for it too, if you search for Neverwinter Nights, it'll pop up the name of the expansion

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2003 :  00:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well the sale Amazon.com had going is over now

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  22:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well not only is there a "Collectors Edition" of NWN, ive just seen an announcement that November 4th 2003 sees the release of "Neverwinter Nights Gold" !! Looks like theyre just cashing in on this big time now! No details to what the "Gold" edition contains but what else can they possibly put in there that the "Collectors Edition" didnt have?! Unless Shadows of Undrentide is uncluded.

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  16:59:45  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Well not only is there a "Collectors Edition" of NWN, ive just seen an announcement that November 4th 2003 sees the release of "Neverwinter Nights Gold" !! Looks like theyre just cashing in on this big time now! No details to what the "Gold" edition contains but what else can they possibly put in there that the "Collectors Edition" didnt have?! Unless Shadows of Undrentide is uncluded.

I think you're right on the NWN Gold.
I have obtained a NWN Collectors edition on ebay.I'll tell you all about how nice it is and how little I paid for it next week.
HA,Rad...bloody top that one bloke.Wait put the sword away Rad.

Rad,if you haven't gotten one yet search ebay thoroughly,I found a buy now at half what it would cost to order.good luck.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 11 Oct 2003 17:01:33
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  14:45:16  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only is there the first expansion there is a second one now.

www.neverwinternights.com
http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  21:42:20  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

Not only is there the first expansion there is a second one now.

www.neverwinternights.com
http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/

yea we have dicussed it here.. http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1077
But is it out yet?

Edited by - Alaundo on 15 Oct 2003 18:09:59
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  03:26:25  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder why they made a mouse pad instead of a Heavyduty wall poster map.I know the cloth map has already been done because I have one but how many people still use a mouse pad? Or should I ask how many people still use a mouse with a ball? Optical is the only way.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  07:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it isn't out yet. I'll know when the gold version goes off to the distributors...I'm actually more interested in the Jade Empire RPG(also from Bioware) over Hordes of the Underdark, simply because drow are becoming quite boring...
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  03:16:59  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

No, it isn't out yet. I'll know when the gold version goes off to the distributors...I'm actually more interested in the Jade Empire RPG(also from Bioware) over Hordes of the Underdark, simply because drow are becoming quite boring...

Well,start a new thread and tell us about the Jade Empire because I haven't any idea what its about.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  03:19:39  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just think Rad it will soon be a reality for you. NWNCE, yeah baby.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  06:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not an FR release, but...

http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=571
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=572
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=574
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=575
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=576
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=577
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=578

For community members:
http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=573
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  00:50:56  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I didn't know it wasn't FR..but thanks for the links.Looks cool.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  23:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

Just think Rad it will soon be a reality for you. NWNCE, yeah baby.

Wooo hoooooo, well it arrived today, thanks William
The box is HUGE! its gotta be about 3 inches deep, very well presented with embossed cover image and all the contents are laid within sections of a hard felt moulding within the box. The quality is second to none. The long-sleeve shirt is within a silver bag with the NWN stamped upon. Nice quality mousemat. The poster is beautiful and is made of material rather than paper!
Once of the best items is the Art Book....WOW!

This is a must have for all NWN and FR fans! A beautifully presented product....I was expecting it to be good.....but this is DAMN GOOD!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2003 :  09:48:45  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just recently got NWN gold off a friend. Since I haven't started the game yet I'll be looking forward to it esp since I didn't get to finish the first NWN ed. coz my crappy pc wasn't up to standard a year ago. Well if I'm a bit quiet over the next few weeks then you'll all know why.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2003 :  09:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh did I say NWN gold, I meant NWN gold edition including the expansion. So now you know why it'll take me a few weeks, plus I work during the day coz some of us don't have the luxury of sitting infront of the pc 24-7.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2003 :  00:34:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, the box on the main game says "over 60 hours of playing time." That means that the people who made the game couldn't finish it in less than 60 hours total. So if you've got the expansion as well . . .

I wish I could play it right. I started it even with the jerking, but it gets highly annoying when it freezes up. I wish I knew what was wrong with it.

Anyone think they could help a computer-illiterate old wyrm?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2003 :  07:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Hey, the box on the main game says "over 60 hours of playing time." That means that the people who made the game couldn't finish it in less than 60 hours total. So if you've got the expansion as well . . .

I wish I could play it right. I started it even with the jerking, but it gets highly annoying when it freezes up. I wish I knew what was wrong with it.

Anyone think they could help a computer-illiterate old wyrm?

I'll play tech support if you want me to Bookwyrm.
So we don't take up valuable forum space, email me here Yasraena with the specifics if you're so inclined and I'll see if I can help.
Here's a few things to keep in mind in the meantime...

Make sure you have at least the minimum system requirements to run the game. (processor, RAM, Video card, DirectX version)
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.
Try turning down the resolution, graphic quality and/or sound quality of the game. (High res sounds are notorious performance eaters)

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2003 :  21:12:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything's minimum, and it doesn't help. How exactly do I check the existing system specs?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000