Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Icewind dale II
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2002 :  14:31:49  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
so, I haven't played IWD2 yet ut I just wondered is it any good?

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2002 :  23:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a little review of the game from gamespy:

http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/august02/iwd2/

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2002 :  13:05:21  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks, i'll go there now

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2002 :  16:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully I will have the game tomorrow, then I can give you a personal review.

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2002 :  21:29:12  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll look forward to it

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  14:56:03  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have played it for a few hours now and can say that if you liked the first game, you'll love the sequal. It has a lot of new improvments, new classes, subraces, items, locations, more dialogue than iwd, a lot more, its bigger than iwd, the exp and the free little adventure together, you can reach higher lvls. I'm to lazy to write anymore, but If you want more info, you can probably check out a few more reviews.

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  15:59:26  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds are herd ther are Golden Dwarves in IWD2, is that true

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  20:38:23  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
King-Tiax, I've just checked and can't find a post you've made without referring to Stunties.

What is it with you and Dwarfs

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  09:38:14  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
look, I maybe obsessed with Dwarves and probaly Red wizards, but you shoulden't say it.

any way I have all ready composed a song about Dwarves, and I dosent feacture red wizards,look whose obsesed now, wait its still me isent it.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  15:22:12  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can play three sorts of dwarves, shield, gold and grey

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  15:47:54  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, so many to chosse

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  19:15:40  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... kill!

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  20:38:02  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hop your stance of mindless agression was not in any way aimed at Dwarves

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  11:51:27  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just finished about half the game now, and Im enjoying it a lot. I think it's better than the first game but also have more bugs. Many people in the community think it's the buggiest rpg ever.

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  18:34:29  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know, I have never seen so many bugs on a game as NWN.

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished the game now, bigger and better than iwd 1. If you enjoy a real dungeon crawl with a lot of monsters and the infinity engine, a must buy for you.
I have heard that a person at teambg found evidence that a expansion is scheduled for a release later this year or in the beginning of 2003.

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  21:07:37  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
excellent, thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  16:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a free download expansion for IWD if you
already have IWD and the expansion pack for it.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2002 :  09:03:15  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I managed to pick up a copy of IWD2 at the weekend, anyone got any more views on it? Ive only played it for about 1/2 hour but i quite enjoyed it. Although I said that about NWN, IWD, BG.... and then real life steps in to put a spanner in the works and i never get the time to continue playing

Anyway, the graphics were quite nice in places, and being the old familiar BG-style interface, I got into the game quite easily. I think ill give it quite a bit more time (real life permitting! )

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 18 Nov 2002 09:03:35
Go to Top of Page

Fingolfin
Acolyte

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2002 :  01:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Fingolfin's Homepage Send Fingolfin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh Icewind dale 2.... so many memories. Where to begin? First off the character creation is less frusterating then in the first, thus making a party a funner and more creative experience, with drow,aasimar (celestials)duerger and more, making sure there is no lack of starting material. Then comes the classes. ALthough no prestige classes are offered, the game branches into "subclasses" making more diversity to an already diverse game.

Gameplay is amazing, dialogue options include ones that you'l actually want to use, and the feat and abilities are exellent.

In all, no D&D forgotten realms computer gamer should be without it. It's just that good.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  14:51:42  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the world map changing this would have been a great game to build mods in had they built more tools.I have heard people say it the old Infinity Engine like BG.That is too generalized,its like saying a sailboat and a cruiseliner are both ships.IWD2 is so different with the scripting part of the game being highly modified
that not many tools work with it.
Therefore if a good mod making npcs throughout the game to join you
It would quite enjoyable.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2003 :  01:32:46  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being a fan of the first Icewind Dale, I picked up IWD2 when it first came out. Overall, the character creation process was great and the artwork was amazing (bad portraits are a huge pet peave of mine) but...I found the game's storyline to be somewhat weak and much too linear (unlike the fantastic BG2). Also, the game seemed too short, with WAY too much experience being doled out for meaningless little tasks.

When I played, my party consisted of a Drow Fighter/Rogue, a Human Dreadmaster of Bane and a Human Druid/Ranger.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2003 :  16:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree on that, lame history, but the sub races was realy cool. I played whith a drow cleric, and Wood elf fighter and an elf necromancer. It realy pissed me of that your party got exp after wich level your party was togheter, which makes it very hard to play whit one or two charackters. And the twins was'nt even close to be as cool as brother Poqelin. I

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2003 :  01:45:27  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If only someone would make a game that merged the great qualities of IWD's customization and new spells with that of Baldurs gates story line, and southern setting. If it was kinda based on the Icewinddale book . Awsome,... -Kaervok-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000