Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WOTC Forums and Website down?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:09:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone else getting a "Cannot find the server" error when trying to connect to WOTC site or Forums?

Im guessing the C64 WOTC use to host there website has finally died

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:17:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Anyone else getting a "Cannot find the server" error when trying to connect to WOTC site or Forums?

I was able to get to the site and from there the Forums. No problem whatsoever.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wierd

I still cant get to either site

I can get to other places but not WOTC

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:23:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

wierd

Was just there, no problems on my end.....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:33:07  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

wierd

Time to realize you've upset someone at WOTC. Did you mention the N word in a post?
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok more weird

I can acess the ORcale server that hosts the Realms list but I can access the Forums or Website

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  04:37:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok more weird

I can acess the ORcale server that hosts the Realms list but I can access the Forums or Website

No amount of weirdness surprises me anymore when it comes to accessing WOTC's site.
Go to Top of Page

Twilight Herald
Acolyte

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  05:33:15  Show Profile  Visit Twilight Herald's Homepage Send Twilight Herald a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It seems to be an Australian problem, Dargoth. I haven't been able to access either the main WOTC site or the message boards, so far today.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  05:43:37  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I managed to get in

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  16:51:09  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or maybe its on a round the world trip - I couldn't get on two days ago. That means you Americans are next... mwahahahahahah!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  17:00:08  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Or maybe its on a round the world trip - I couldn't get on two days ago. That means you Americans are next... mwahahahahahah!

In the past I encountered problems accessing the WOTC forum or something else on the site pretty much on a weekly basis.

Thus, Americans have already had plenty of trouble.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  08:00:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight Herald

quote:

It seems to be an Australian problem, Dargoth. I haven't been able to access either the main WOTC site or the message boards, so far today.

It was not an "Australian" problem, for I have had unfettered access since early on the 25th. There was however several terminal problems with a number of international ISP servers in some countries on the 27th...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  01:40:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The stupid forums are acting screwy again

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  01:56:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds like they are getting as bad as ENWorld.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  03:45:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This time it wasn't just you..... they were screwed up for at least 2 hr's....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 08 Jun 2004 03:47:17
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  03:47:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
This time it wasn't just you..... they were screwed up for at least 2 hr's....

They give a reason why?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  04:13:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
They give a reason why?

The hamster died? I dunno, no not really they didn't.....

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  04:18:05  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
They give a reason why?

you know Im begining to wonder which area WOTC spend less money on Quality control or the Forum Server

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  05:06:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL! Tell R.A. Salvatore he needs to pedal the bicycle down in the basement faster so the generator runs.

quote:

you know Im begining to wonder which area WOTC spend less money on Quality control or the Forum Server

Is this one of them online polls?

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 08 Jun 2004 05:07:26
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  05:44:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
They give a reason why?

What?!? Has one of the Miniature Giant Space Hamsters fallen? I must avenge my lesser kin!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  06:01:48  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They give a reason why?

...sometimes you have to jiggle the handle.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  09:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's simple. Aaron Forsythe found something in the Forbidden Room...well, other than the table of silly putty.
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  14:41:12  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sounds like they are getting as bad as ENWorld.

Nothing could be that bad.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  09:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's strange, because I never had any problems with the Message Boards. I'd been at the Eberron forums mostly on the 8th, but I did visit some of the other sections of the community and still had access.

Perhaps you should look into your connection to your ISP...?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  16:49:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra
That's strange, because I never had any problems with the Message Boards. I'd been at the Eberron forums mostly on the 8th, but I did visit some of the other sections of the community and still had access.

Perhaps you should look into your connection to your ISP...?

Wasn't his isp because it was doing it for me as well, and started to do it again last night also but then they came back up.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  17:00:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any one else been having trouble with the WOTC boards again? It was loading slow on friday and now I haven't been able to connect all weekend......

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  17:10:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Any one else been having trouble with the WOTC boards again? It was loading slow on friday and now I haven't been able to connect all weekend......

I've not had problems with those boards in months.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  18:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not the boards, but the site in general, yes. Specifically the Magic side of things, though-mtg.com is down, so you have to go through wizards.com/magic...
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  21:10:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

At this rate, Candlekeep needs some type of warning system at the top of the page. "Do not panic WOTC fans. It's simply down again. There is nothing wrong with your connection. Enjoy this reliable site!"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  21:17:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Braggart! Wait a minute, did you mean months or minutes?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  01:26:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Braggart! Wait a minute, did you mean months or minutes?

Wooly has no problems because he was banned for "novel discussion." :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000