Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WOTC Forums and Website down?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  03:04:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I've not had problems with those boards in months.

Braggart! Wait a minute, did you mean months or minutes?

Wooly has no problems because he was banned for "novel discussion." :)

Yup. I'll not go back until my good name is restored. Of course, since my protest e-mail was ignored, that means that the likelihood of my good name being restored is about the same as the likelihood of Ghaunadaur getting a date with Sune Firehair...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  03:25:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yup. I'll not go back until my good name is restored. Of course, since my protest e-mail was ignored, that means that the likelihood of my good name being restored is about the same as the likelihood of Ghaunadaur getting a date with Sune Firehair...

HAHAHA. Well at this rate it doesn't seem as if I can go back either..... both the boards and thier site isn't working for me now.... Wonders wtf is going on since others said they could get on.....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  04:05:19  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
about the same as the likelihood of Ghaunadaur getting a date with Sune Firehair...

Oh sure, go ahead and laugh, but I hear that's one of the possible endings for WOTSQ.

You should start a petition to get your good name, I'll go with you on that even if I am smiling as I type it, restored. I'll be the first to sign.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  04:07:50  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
HAHAHA. Well at this rate it doesn't seem as if I can go back either..... both the boards and thier site isn't working for me now.... Wonders wtf is going on since others said they could get on.....

Time to realize your association with WR was bound to have some repercussions. Let me know if you wish me to test my connection to the WOTC board. I swore I'd never return, but for you, I'll risk them realizing I know WR too.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  04:19:29  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Time to realize your association with WR was bound to have some repercussions. Let me know if you wish me to test my connection to the WOTC board. I swore I'd never return, but for you, I'll risk them realizing I know WR too.

Aye that might be why I can't get on..... Since it seems weird both IE and Mozilla will not connect..... If some one else can post who usually connects to those boards and let me know that they are working, Id appreciate it....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  04:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Aye that might be why I can't get on..... Since it seems weird both IE and Mozilla will not connect..... If some one else can post who usually connects to those boards and let me know that they are working, Id appreciate it....

I can get to them-Firefox 0.9.

I have a feeling these are aftereffects of the Akamai shortage...
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  04:52:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
I can get to them-Firefox 0.9.

I have a feeling these are aftereffects of the Akamai shortage...

The Akamai shortage?

And well it seems I'm not alone now since I sent a help message to most of the WizO's and others and one of the WizO's can't get on either. I've tried now on two computers both with IE, Mozilla, and Netscape..... Guessing there is a server/router down or some thing.....

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:04:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Akamai shortage?

quote:

And well it seems I'm not alone now since I sent a help message to most of the WizO's and others and one of the WizO's can't get on either. I've tried now on two computers both with IE, Mozilla, and Netscape..... Guessing there is a server/router down or some thing.....

For what it's worth, and I know it's not much. I can access the site and the message boards. Speaking of the latter, whatever happened to their novels forum??
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:08:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... After I was banned, I did create a new name, but then decided to be indignant and never use it. However, I never deleted the links, figuring they may someday come in handy...

The long and the short of it is, I just checked out WizO BigSister's message that she was going on vacation. So I, who refuse to post on those forums, can at the least access them.

Oh, and I got on using IE.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:12:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The long and the short of it is, I just checked out WizO BigSister's message that she was going on vacation. So I, who refuse to post on those forums, can at the least access them.

Yeah, in checking out whether the site was up, I saw her 05/21/04 message about novel talk where she pratically screamed at the top of the message that it wasn't her idea to do away with the novels forum.

Lucky I have moved on, I'd be tempted to email her and say, "Yeah, right, like we are going to believe that. I hear it was all your idea." Yep, I'd have been banned like someone else we know...

The above message clearly show she's stressed to the max. I hope her WOTC pay covers health care costs as well.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:26:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So I, who refuse to post on those forums, can at the least access them.

Oh, and I got on using IE.

Dunno maybe it's a local thing around me or some thing..... As I said it might be a router/server down near me since I know now it's not just me that can't access them.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The Akamai shortage?

Akamai DNS Shortage Messes Up Net[slashdot.org]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  07:39:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Any one else been having trouble with the WOTC boards again? It was loading slow on friday and now I haven't been able to connect all weekend......

I would have to second that statement. I haven't had any particular difficulties accessing any (and I've tried them all) of the various message boards at WotC. In fact, the last time I had connection difficulties was during the major server upgrade in February...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  16:09:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I would have to second that statement. I haven't had any particular difficulties accessing any (and I've tried them all) of the various message boards at WotC. In fact, the last time I had connection difficulties was during the major server upgrade in February...

Uh, Sage, I was making a joke. I was banned from there months ago, and that's what prompted me to come to Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  16:45:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Uh, Sage, I was making a joke. I was banned from there months ago, and that's what prompted me to come to Candlekeep.

Thus, their loss was our gain.

Wait a minute, do I have that backwards?
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  19:51:12  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Posted a rant on people acting stupid the other day. So now I'm on my second official monitor warning.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  20:03:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it seems WOTC finally replaced the hamster, or gave it a shock or two to get it running faster because what ever was wrong is fixed now. :)

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  20:26:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elf_Friend

Posted a rant on people acting stupid the other day. So now I'm on my second official monitor warning.

How many strikes do you get?
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Unknown.

I've never really been a jerk on the WoTC boards, I mean I've had my disagreements and all that but never anything to really warrant a warning.
The first warning was really just guilt by association. Having posted in a thread that was about novels and such. Probably something Wooly started , the second one well, whatever.

It's weird, I'll do and say one thing on one board that I would never do on another. Such as this one for instance, I'm a bit more reserved and you wont catch me acting like a maniac. Whereas on the ENworld boards if you get a little too anti Realmsian I am all over you like white on rice. I mean its ok to express your opinion but when you get insulting watch out.
Wizards I never really did care what anyone thought of me there anyway.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  21:16:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's weird, I'll do and say one thing on one board that I would never do on another.

I'm different on various boards because each board has its own personality. Some I have no patience with and just prefer to browse. Someone could ask for water because they are on fire and I'd just click to the next thread.

Alas, Candlekeep is definitely not that way in my mind.
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  23:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about anyone else, but today the search isn't working at all. All I get is "Sorry, no matches were found containing......" It's qiute annoying.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  23:34:29  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last week they were having problems with the search mode on the forums. It took me to a page telling me that it would be 24 hours before it was back up. Anyway, it works today for me.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  23:55:08  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Last week they were having problems with the search mode on the forums. It took me to a page telling me that it would be 24 hours before it was back up. Anyway, it works today for me.

Anyone ever notice 24 hours WOTC time = 48/72 hours for others. Perhaps they are in some strange time loop.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2004 :  00:56:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You get three strikes. The problem is that those strikes can be earned simply by having posted on a thread where someone else committed a grievous enough offense to irk the mods.

Only one of my three strikes was for my own actions -- the other two were basically because I posted on the wrong thread.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2004 :  01:52:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You get three strikes.

Thanks for the clarification.
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2004 :  13:40:33  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's odd, it happened for me too but then I used google and it was the 3rd link down from the top.

Go google!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000