Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Help for 4th ed.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Khelben
Acolyte

Denmark
25 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  22:10:06  Show Profile Send Khelben a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi there.

Two questions.

What adventures (low level) have been released to Realms 4th ed. (bought or Insider)?

I loved the huge Undermountain boxed set - how do I use this for 4th ed.?

Thx for any responses.

-Khelben

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  22:44:41  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Khelben

Hi there.

Two questions.

What adventures (low level) have been released to Realms 4th ed. (bought or Insider)?

I loved the huge Undermountain boxed set - how do I use this for 4th ed.?

Thx for any responses.

-Khelben

There is only one adventure supplement released specifically for 4E realms. There are however, several FR adventures in dungeon magazine for DDI. 4E is utilizing more core, with an adaptive mindset. any 4E module should be able to convert into your campaign,whether it is set in FR, Eberron, or homebrew. Additionally, LFR has numerous adventures, but you would have to sign up for living FR first.

Edited by - scererar on 22 Mar 2009 22:45:38
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2009 :  23:04:48  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Undermountain boxed set was for AD&D 2nd Edition (unless they've released a new one I haven't heard about). While there are conversion rules for 2e to 3e, there are none converting materials to 4e.

Best idea I can offer is read through everything (the boxed set and the 4e rules) and make your best guesses on what you can, replace what you cannot come up with a conversion for.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  02:38:18  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
there was a 3.5 undermountain adventure issued, but it was core. Nothing like the boxed sets.
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  03:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar
There is only one adventure supplement released specifically for 4E realms.

Scepter Tower of Spellgard

quote:
There are however, several FR adventures in dungeon magazine for DDI.

Can you give some info on these adventures? where? who?
I've been contemplating whether or not to sign up for DDI. Do you think it's worth the price?

quote:
Additionally, LFR has numerous adventures, but you would have to sign up for living FR first.

Again, could you give a few details on these?

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  03:39:58  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can find more information for you if needed, but follow the link below

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drrep/20090209

I will go through my Dungeon magazines for the FR adventures. I think WOTC needs an appendix for their DDI stuff. As far as worth the price, IMO, yes it is worth it.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  04:00:44  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A couple of the Dungeon magazine adventures I found with a real quick search.

1. Thunderspire Labyrinth: Forgotten Realms Conversion
2. "Menace of the Icy Spire" is an adventure set out of Loudwater
3. Starmantle: A short article with an encounter adapted from the new Forgotten Realms novel, Spellplague, by Bruce R. Cordell.
4. Keep on the Shadowfell: Forgotten Realms Conversion

A few of the LFR adventures
1. Flames of Initiation
2. The prospect
3. The Black Knight of Arabel
4. Beneath the Haunted Halls
5. The Radiant Vessal if Thesk
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  12:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

3. Starmantle: A short article with an encounter adapted from the new Forgotten Realms novel, Spellplague, by Bruce R. Cordell.

1. Flames of Initiation
2. The prospect

Thanks, Scererar. That's really helpful. Any thoughts on DDI?

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham

Edited by - Afetbinttuzani on 23 Mar 2009 12:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  13:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can download four .pdfs that give the details on all the Realms adventures released thus far (and planned through June of 2009) at this RPGA page.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  23:06:43  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can easily adapt Ruins of Undermountain to 4E. One easy way to make it especially yours is to simply use all the maps and stock them appropriately

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2009 :  01:12:34  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

quote:

1. Flames of Initiation
2. The prospect

Thanks, Scererar. That's really helpful. Any thoughts on DDI?

I personally like DDI. Though I only use it for Dragon and Dungeon magazines, as well as the character builder. I have the month to month subscription, just in case. So for less than $8.00 a month, it is well worth it, if you are using 4E. Many find the compendium useful, but I have PDF's of everything, so it is just as easy to do a search myself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000