Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 The most laugheble way you ever died.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ziresta
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2018 :  18:34:43  Show Profile  Visit ziresta's Homepage Send ziresta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a Stargate d20 game, I blew up a dinosaur . . . and got killed by a large hunk of it landing on me. I think the rest of my PC deaths have been pretty boring "took on a monster that it turns out I couldn't handle" things.

But, as DM, I killed my wife's character in the very first encounter in a game . . . by having someone hit her with a stick. I rolled VERY well. She was level 1, and her hit points were not so great. As it was a 1-on-1 game and I'd built the whole concept around her character, there was conveniently someone nearby to resurrect her. Otherwise, that would've been one of the shortest games of all time.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31599 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2018 :  20:03:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ziresta

In a Stargate d20 game, I blew up a dinosaur . . . and got killed by a large hunk of it landing on me. I think the rest of my PC deaths have been pretty boring "took on a monster that it turns out I couldn't handle" things.

But, as DM, I killed my wife's character in the very first encounter in a game . . . by having someone hit her with a stick. I rolled VERY well. She was level 1, and her hit points were not so great. As it was a 1-on-1 game and I'd built the whole concept around her character, there was conveniently someone nearby to resurrect her. Otherwise, that would've been one of the shortest games of all time.

...And a lonely night on the couch.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6697 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2018 :  03:44:08  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(She might be "in charge" of accumulating/decorating all the stuff in the home, but a smart man spends a little extra to ensure he has a comfy couch.)

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Fineva
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2018 :  05:12:25  Show Profile Send Fineva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tselin Nyai my wizard was hiding under a fully functional palanquin with ten bearers, someone shot the bearers and the palanquin fell on him, one of the legs pinning his chest. The party trying to lift it off him multiple times ended up driving the stake through him.

I"

Edited by - Fineva on 16 Oct 2018 05:13:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000