Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Tyranthraxus as main villain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2008 :  17:32:37  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Currently my group is playing through the Cormyr, Shadowdale, Anauroch adventures and when they're finished (they should be around level 13-15) I guess it's time for a home brewn adventure before we're gonna try out the 4E realms.

I want Tyranthraxus (my favourite villain ) to make a final appearance because they banned him from Faerūn.

The main plot is that T draws their stronghold into his domain and the heroes have to find a way back home after they confront their nemesis. I still have to work out the details and stuff.

I found a prestige class Fiend of Possession (Fiend Folio pg. 204) that I'd like to use. Which LE outsider could I use best for this role?

In my previous adventures with Tyranthraxus I created a template based on the AD&D stats I found in Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds and Villain's Lorebook.

And does someone have some more information about this mysterious entity? The sources mentioned above don't say anything about his origins or homeplane. I guess it's the Nine Hells and somewhere on the internet I read he used to be servant of Bane who stripped him of his body wich is why he has to possess people.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  00:24:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

And does someone have some more information about this mysterious entity? The sources mentioned above don't say anything about his origins or homeplane. I guess it's the Nine Hells and somewhere on the internet I read he used to be servant of Bane who stripped him of his body wich is why he has to possess people.
The Pool of Radiance novel will also prove somewhat useful.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  02:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally forgot the novel! I'll look into it when I get the chance. But I can't remember anything useful in the novel besides the information stated in the source books.

Anyway after half an hour of searching the web I found some info on the WotC forum archives http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-986848
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  17:44:44  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth, I see Tyranthraxus as a Primordial (along with Borem, Haask and the other Lost Gods)

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2008 :  00:37:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

For what it's worth, I see Tyranthraxus as a Primordial (along with Borem, Haask and the other Lost Gods)

Neat. From what I recall, according to the Cloak & Dagger web enhancement, Tyranthraxus was a demipower. So it'll be interesting to see how the "elemental origin" of the Primordials will impact, if at all, upon Tyranthraxus's view of the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  01:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know really know what Primordials are. I found some info on the Forgotten Realms Wiki but it was kina vague. Where can I find some more information about them?

And if Tyranthaxus was/is a demigod what are his domains? Possession, dominion, tyranny and fire are already occupied by other deities. Maybe something like heat or incorperal creatures?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  01:37:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know really know what Primordials are. I found some info on the Forgotten Realms Wiki but it was kina vague. Where can I find some more information about them?
The Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.
quote:
And if Tyranthaxus was/is a demigod what are his domains? Possession, dominion, tyranny and fire are already occupied by other deities. Maybe something like heat or incorperal creatures?
'Twas a 2e reference, so Domains wouldn't have been listed. I'm not sure what they'd be in 3e. And the reference itself just notes that Tyranthaxus was one of the "seven demipowers" among the Shrines of the Seven Lost Gods.

Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  03:06:49  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I meant portfolio and not domains, sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  06:09:27  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There isn't a lot of info available. Here's how I see Tyranthraxus and the associated powers (the names are compiled from the old "Pool of Radiance" computer game's Adventurer's Journal, and the first five names are mentioned elsewhere on these scrolls here at Candlekeep; Mr. James mentioned two of them above; note that nothing is canon here apart from the names, but I've decided that "canon" is a rather subjective term since the arrival of 4E):

1: Maram of the Great Spear (Jhaamdathan god of war killed by Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul)
2: Haask, Voice of Hargut (Jhaamdathan god of tyranny killed by Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul)
3: Tyranthraxus the Flamed One (Jhaamdathan fire deity killed by Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul)
4: Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud (Jhaamdathan earth deity killed by Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul)
5: Camnod the Unseen (Jhaamdathan god of stealth and intrigue killed by Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul)
6: Edranka (mentioned in the original Pool of Radiance source; no other info available)
7: Torath (mentioned in the original Pool of Radiance source; no other info available)

The portfolios listed above are based on their names and epithets; I'm still exploring past canon for more information on the Jhaamdathan pantheon before I assign roles to Edranka and Torath. The Seven Lost Gods and the Dark Three are ten entities near and dear to me, possibly more so than the Seven Sisters, Elminster, Khelben, and Halaster. Hrm... interesting parallel, that...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  16:08:55  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the first I've heard of Edranka and Torath

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  21:55:57  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Curse of the Azure Bonds module (page 77) hints that the Elemental Plane of Fire is T's home realm, so I guess Brian is right about him being a Primordial.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  00:22:17  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's the first I've heard of Edranka and Torath

I've only found the one mention of them, and that was in the Adventurer's Journal for the old Gold Box game Pool of Radiance. They were referred to as associates of Tyranthraxus, which makes them a perfect fit for the two unnamed members of the Seven Lost Gods. If anyone can find anything more core-canonical, I'm always interested.

I will never lose my love for canonical Realms history. 4E very quickly killed my interest in the canonical Realms present and future, but also inspired me to go all "Harry Turtledove" on the Realms, for which (I suppose) I can be thankful in some twisted way.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 17 Oct 2008 00:22:48
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  02:20:59  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally started to flesh out Tyranthraxus' stats, just for fun.

Tyranthraxus (Primordial)
The Flamed One, the Possessor Spirit

Symbol: A hexagram with a rune surrounded by flames in the middle
Alignment: LE
Portfolio: Fire
Domains: Evil, Fire, Law
Favored Weapon: “Fiery Touch” (melee touch)

Fiend of Possession 6
Medium-Size Outsider (Evil, Fire, Lawful) (Incorporeal)
Divine Rank: 1
Hit Dice: 15d8+105 plus 6d6+42
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 32 (touch 32, flat-footed 20)
Attacks: +32/+27/+22/+17 melee touch
Damage: 2d10 fire
Special Attacks: Fiery Aura
Special Qualities: Divine immunities, DR 36/magic, fiend of possession abilities, fire immunity, spell-like abilities, SR 33
Saves: Fort +20, Ref +25, Will +21
Abilities: Str -, Dex 34, Con 24, Int 25, Wis 27, Cha 29.
Skills: Bluff +36, Disguise +38, Gather Information +33, Hide +37, Intimidate +40, Knowledge (arcana) +32, Knowledge (history) +32, Knowledge (religion) +32, Knowledge (the planes) +32, Listen +35, Search +32, Sense Motive +33, Spellcraft +36, Spot +35
Feats: Ability Focus (control creature), Ability Focus (possess creature), Alertness, Combat Expertise, Flyby Attack, Hover, Persuasive, Weapon Focus (melee touch)
Salient Divine Ability: Banestrike
Callange Rating: 22

Sources: Curse of the Azure Bonds, Deities and Demigods, Faiths and Pantheons, Fiend Folio, Monster Manual, Pool of Radiance, Ruins of Adventure, Villain’s Lorebook.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by - Tyranthraxus on 14 Nov 2008 15:39:08
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  02:37:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks interesting enough. I can't comment on the stats, because that's never been my strong point. Sorry.

And maybe it's just me, but I think the whole "Possessing Spirit" aspect of Tyranthraxus's make-up should be reflected in either his Portfolio or Domain choices.

Edited by - The Sage on 17 Oct 2008 02:39:05
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  07:31:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm... the 'Possession' Domain...

You're evil, Sage... and I like it!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  07:40:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have my moments.

Now, providing details on what a Tyranthraxus-specific "Possession" Domain would be like is another matterly entirely.

Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  12:26:58  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I have my moments.

Now, providing details on what a Tyranthraxus-specific "Possession" Domain would be like is another matterly entirely.

How about this?

Possession Domain
Granted Power: You may use command once per day as a spell-like ability and lasting a number of rounds equal to your Charisma bonus.
Domain Spells:
1. Charm Person
2. Detect Thoughts
3. Suggestion
4. Command, Greater
5. Dominate Person
6. Suggestion, Mass
7. Banishment
8. Charm Monster, Mass
9. Dominate Monster
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  15:37:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I have my moments.

How about this?

Possession Domain
Granted Power: You may use command once per day as a spell-like ability and lasting a number of rounds equal to your Charisma bonus.
Domain Spells:
1. Charm Person
2. Detect Thoughts
3. Suggestion
4. Command, Greater
5. Dominate Person
6. Suggestion, Mass
7. Banishment
8. Charm Monster, Mass
9. Dominate Monster

Well, as I said, rule-aspects aren't really my thing. But it does look decent enough. I'd be interested to see how this handles in actual gameplay.

Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  17:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It probably needs some tweaking here and there, but now I have the basic stats and such I'm concentrating on the story and plot.

Tyranthaxus' shrine near Westgate will be the main stage of the adventure, with an underground temple where cultists are trying to create a new Pool of Radiance that serves as a portal to the Elemental Plane of Fire.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2008 :  20:32:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be using that domain - nice job.

quote:

So do I, and I've pegged Tyranthraxus specifically as a 'forgotten' Sarrukh god.

No particular reason for that, other then early mentions of them say they are a 'Sauroid' race, and Tyranthraxus just reminds me of 'Tyrannosaurus'.

I suppose all of the Primordials were worshipped by various Creator Races (including, eventually, the Humans).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Oct 2008 22:02:28
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2008 :  22:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'll be using that domain - nice job.

quote:

So do I, and I've linked Tyranthraxus specifically as a 'forgotten' Sarrukh god.

No particular reason for that, other then early mentions of them peg them as a 'Sauroid' race, and Tyranthraxus just reminds me of 'Tyrannosaurus'.

I suppose all of the Primordials were worshipped by by various Creator Races (including, eventually, the Humans).

That's an interresting idea. Tyranthraxus' possession portfolio/domain fits in nicely, since the Sarrukh liked to enslave the lesser races.

But I know what you mean Markustay, but in my eyes Tyranthraxus is somehow connected with dragons (Srossar the Bronze dragon who he possessed during the reign in Phlan and the Helm of Dragons wich can locate Tyranthraxus).
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2008 :  23:02:31  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it... all of it... the Possession domain, the idea of Tyranthraxus as a primordial and a Sarrukh deity, and the idea of him as associated with dragons... and the last two points are not mutually exclusive. What if he was a Sarrukh deity who came to be worshipped by red dragons? I say "red" only because of the combination of "evil" and "fire" in his domains, and that combination doesn't fit any other dragon color (at least, not under pre-4E rules).

Edit: FWIW, I also see him as a "servant of Bane" in a real sense, as his name brings to mind Bane's portfolio of Tyranny... maybe T is the demipower of tyranny now? My take on his defeat by Bane is that the Dark Three had to defeat the Seven Lost Gods to achieve divinity, and Bane's defeat of Tyranthraxus earned him the defeated demipower's services. Somewhere along the line, T did something that Bane wasn't happy with, and Bane stripped him of his body and (maybe) kicked him out of service... or maybe not. [/edit]

So... domains are Evil, Fire, Law, and Possession then? Looks good.

Edited by - Jakk on 19 Oct 2008 23:11:42
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  00:39:41  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I like it... all of it... the Possession domain, the idea of Tyranthraxus as a primordial and a Sarrukh deity, and the idea of him as associated with dragons... and the last two points are not mutually exclusive. What if he was a Sarrukh deity who came to be worshipped by red dragons? I say "red" only because of the combination of "evil" and "fire" in his domains, and that combination doesn't fit any other dragon color (at least, not under pre-4E rules).

Edit: FWIW, I also see him as a "servant of Bane" in a real sense, as his name brings to mind Bane's portfolio of Tyranny... maybe T is the demipower of tyranny now? My take on his defeat by Bane is that the Dark Three had to defeat the Seven Lost Gods to achieve divinity, and Bane's defeat of Tyranthraxus earned him the defeated demipower's services. Somewhere along the line, T did something that Bane wasn't happy with, and Bane stripped him of his body and (maybe) kicked him out of service... or maybe not. [/edit]

So... domains are Evil, Fire, Law, and Possession then? Looks good.

It seems unlikely that CE red dragons worship a LE deity. The Helm of Dragons was forged by the elves of Myth Drannor, so there is no real connection between T and dragons, except maybe that T choses dragons over other races to possess (because the Helm of Dragons protects the wearer against Tyranthraxus as wel as dragons), but this could be a coincidence.

As for Bane, I share your theory about that. I think he still serves Bane because the only temple in Phlan, before people started to reclaim the city, was dedicated to Bane (wich was formally a temple to Ilmatar or Tyr... I can't remember wich one).
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  03:53:49  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As for Bane, I share your theory about that. I think he still serves Bane because the only temple in Phlan, before people started to reclaim the city, was dedicated to Bane (wich was formally a temple to Ilmatar or Tyr... I can't remember wich one).

I think it's Tyr... I don't remember Ilmater being involved a whole lot in that story, but I don't have my 1E/2E sources to confirm.

Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  15:53:18  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruins of Adventure says it used to be a temple to Il-matar (1st Edition spelling?) and the CRPG Pools of Radiance says it's Tyr
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  22:04:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So just say it was a Temple dedicated to the Triad, and everything works.

I can definately see some links between the Sarrukh and Dragons - perhaps it was a Sarrukh ritual that first brought the Dragons to Toril? (another of their plans gone awry)

Anyhow, I figure the big 'T' had Dinosaurs in his portfolio, but lost that to Ubtao at some point, and then he had Tyranny, but Bane grabbed that (I would hazard to guess that the 'Dark Three' split-up all the 'Lost Gods' portfolios, leading to them either serving them, or being destroyed).

I figure with the rest of the Primordials shunted off to Abeir in the distant past, the few that were left behind didn't fare so well over time.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Oct 2008 22:10:08
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  01:08:34  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like all of that, Markustay... it fits everything together and it all makes sense... Tyranthraxus, is this for a 3.x campaign or a 4E campaign? I think I'm just kidding there, but I never know any more.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  04:45:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of what I postulate is with 1375 DR in mind, but I have been known to extrapolate forward (like my mentions of the 4e Primordials there - I still try to mesh everything together).

The problem with 4e lore is that it effects 3e lore, even if you don't play 4e, because you have to take the retroactive changes into consideration whenever you start tossing ideas around.

Not that that's entirely a bad thing - it gives us more to kibitz about.

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Oct 2008 04:46:05
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  15:35:15  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have made 3.5 conversions of the three artifacts to destroy Tyranthraxus.

Helm of Dragons (Minor Artifect)

The Helm is in reality a gold circlet with a green gem on the brow. The gem contains the image of a dragon rearing on its hind legs. Upon placing the helm on one’s forehead, the wearer knows the abilities of the device.
The Helm of Dragons provides the following abilities:
* Locates, within a range of 500 miles, the site of the Pool of Radiance.
* Allows the wearer to communicate with all dragons in their native tongues as speak language.
* Makes the wearer immune to any and all attacks by living dragons (but not dracoliches).
* Grants the wearer a +5 deflection bonus to AC.

The device functions only when Tyranthraxus is in the Realms. If he is slain or banished, the device goes dormant until the threat returns.

Gauntlets of Moander (Minor Artifact)

The gauntlets have the image of an open mouth in each palm. In the presence of the Pool of Radiance, the mouths will activate, and beams of light will arch out, linking with the pool itself. In 5 rounds it will have sucked the energy dry from the pool, sealing it forever. The Gauntlets will then fall dormant, losing all magical abilities, until a new Pool of Radiance is opened.
The Gauntlets have a number of beneficial
side effects:
* Give the wearer +8 armor bonus.
* Function as gauntlets of ogre power.
* Provide +2 on saving throws versus spells.
* Allow the wearer to communicate with (but not command) all plant life as speak with plants.

Blade of Lathander (Minor Artifact)

The Blade of Lathander is a magical longsword of incredible power, forged by a renowned dwarven smith in the fires of the morning sun itself, in the Temple of Lathander at Saerloon. It was created for one purpose—to slay the spirit of Tyranthraxus, master of the Pool of Radiance. The sword acts as a +3 Tyranthraxus bane longsword. In combat with Tyranthraxus or those he has possessed, the sword will glow a bright pink, and upon hit Tyranthraxus must make a Will save DC 30 or leave the possessed body.

Edited by - Tyranthraxus on 22 Oct 2008 15:42:55
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  13:53:11  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time for some thread necromancy.

I've been planning to reintroduce big T as a villain but I didn't get the chance until now...

During the spellplague Tyranthraxus broke free from his planar prison and opened a new pool of radiance in the High Forest. He has gathered a few warlock followers who made a (dark) pact with him and together they're creating an army to conquer the North.

I've been statting out Tyranthraxus and I'll post my draft as soon as I am able.

Maybe some of you scribes have some good ideas on how to introduce 'T' in the 4e Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2009 :  17:14:49  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tyranthraxus, level 22 Solo
Large Elemental (primordial, fire), XP 20,750

Initiative: +20; Senses: Perception +18; all-around vision
HP 820; Bloodied 410
AC 36; Fort 33; Ref 35; Will 34
Immune: Fire; Resist: insubstantial
Speed: Phasing 6
AP: 2

Flame Touch (melee standard; at-will) Fire
Reach 2; +27 vs. AC; 4d6+8

Spirit Touch (melee minor; Recharge 5 6) Charm
+24 vs. Will; Tyranthraxus enters the target's space and is removed from play, and the target is possessed (save ends). While possessed the target gains the fiery aura power, using Tyranthraxus's attack bonus. Tyranthraxus can use this power only against one creature at a time. When the target is no longer possessed, or when Tyranthraxus chooses to end its spirit possession (a free action), Tyranthraxus reappears in a square adjucent to the target. Miss: The target is immune to this attack for the rest of the encounter.

Fiery Aura (melee immediate reaction, when hit by a melee attack) Fire
+25 vs. Reflex; 2d8+8

Burning Lash (ranged standard action; at-will) Psychic, Fire
+26 vs. Will; 3d6+8 and ongoing 10 fire (save ends).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000