Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Houses in Menzoberranzan
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Romaal
Acolyte

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  21:37:31  Show Profile Send Romaal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can someone tell me the recent order of the house-ranks? At least I would want to know the place of house Vandree.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  23:29:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's actually been a listing published that covers the recent order of Drow Houses in Menzoberranzan.

You may want to look over Zanan's collection of Drow-related material, in case there's anything there you can use. See here:- http://games.dnd-gate.de/viewtopic.php?t=257

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  00:44:18  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's anything like that on Zanan's site. The NPC list may help.

Romaal, you might actually have more luck asking this over on the WOTC message boards. There are plenty of drow-fans over there.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  12:07:22  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that the WotSQ-series shook things up a little bit, but the exact order? Sorry, can't help you here.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  20:49:59  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://199.222.161.231/menzoberranzan/vandree.html lists it as Sixteenth house, but i'm not sure how up to date it is.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  22:09:54  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I try to keep my list pretty up to date with events ... and given House Dyrr's recent change in status, Vandree has moved up to 15th.

http://www.dnd-gate.de/gate3/page/index.php?id=420

While we are at it, Romaal ... what about Tarinyon?

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 21 Jan 2007 22:10:30
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2014 :  11:01:23  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Casts Resurrect Scroll*

Anyone know where I can find a fairly accurate list of house ranks prior to the events in the Dark Elf trilogy?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2014 :  16:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Arcanamach: On page 31 of Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue you find a table with house ranks covering 5 different time periods, the first being from the year of Drizzt's birth.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2014 :  16:38:20  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Per the latest Menzoberranzan book, page 31:

The Sable Years, dated 1297 DR (Birth of Drizt)

1. Baenre
2. Barrison Del'Armgo
3. Oblodra
4. Devir
5. Hrost Ulu'ar
6. Hun'ett
7. Faen Tlabbar
8. Xorlarrin
9. Agrach Dyrr
10. Do'Urden
11. Fey-Branche
12. Freth
13. Mizzrym
14. Tuin'Tarl
15. Duskryn
16. Kenafin
17. Teken'duis
18. Symryvvin
19. Srune'Lett
20. Horlbar

The only issue I take with this list is the ranks of Teken'duis and Freth. They were supposedly "minor" houses when depicted in Homeland. Now to me, that would put them in the 20-30 rank, possible even lower.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2014 :  18:58:26  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Minor houses" according to Briza Do'Urden, of House Do'Urden. That means those houses could have had any ranking less than 9th (in 1318 DR), as far as she was concerned.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2014 :  13:19:38  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses. I found a list that worked relatively well for me with a few minor tweaks. It's located at the FR Wiki here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_drow_houses

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000