Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Houses in Menzoberranzan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Romaal Posted - 20 Jan 2007 : 21:37:31
Can someone tell me the recent order of the house-ranks? At least I would want to know the place of house Vandree.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 26 Nov 2014 : 13:19:38
Thanks for the responses. I found a list that worked relatively well for me with a few minor tweaks. It's located at the FR Wiki here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_drow_houses
BEAST Posted - 25 Nov 2014 : 18:58:26
"Minor houses" according to Briza Do'Urden, of House Do'Urden. That means those houses could have had any ranking less than 9th (in 1318 DR), as far as she was concerned.
Eilserus Posted - 25 Nov 2014 : 16:38:20
Per the latest Menzoberranzan book, page 31:

The Sable Years, dated 1297 DR (Birth of Drizt)

1. Baenre
2. Barrison Del'Armgo
3. Oblodra
4. Devir
5. Hrost Ulu'ar
6. Hun'ett
7. Faen Tlabbar
8. Xorlarrin
9. Agrach Dyrr
10. Do'Urden
11. Fey-Branche
12. Freth
13. Mizzrym
14. Tuin'Tarl
15. Duskryn
16. Kenafin
17. Teken'duis
18. Symryvvin
19. Srune'Lett
20. Horlbar

The only issue I take with this list is the ranks of Teken'duis and Freth. They were supposedly "minor" houses when depicted in Homeland. Now to me, that would put them in the 20-30 rank, possible even lower.
Brian R. James Posted - 25 Nov 2014 : 16:19:49
@Arcanamach: On page 31 of Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue you find a table with house ranks covering 5 different time periods, the first being from the year of Drizzt's birth.
The Arcanamach Posted - 25 Nov 2014 : 11:01:23
*Casts Resurrect Scroll*

Anyone know where I can find a fairly accurate list of house ranks prior to the events in the Dark Elf trilogy?
Zanan Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 22:09:54
Well, I try to keep my list pretty up to date with events ... and given House Dyrr's recent change in status, Vandree has moved up to 15th.

http://www.dnd-gate.de/gate3/page/index.php?id=420

While we are at it, Romaal ... what about Tarinyon?
Tyr Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 20:49:59
http://199.222.161.231/menzoberranzan/vandree.html lists it as Sixteenth house, but i'm not sure how up to date it is.
Ergdusch Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 12:07:22
I know that the WotSQ-series shook things up a little bit, but the exact order? Sorry, can't help you here.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 00:44:18
I don't think there's anything like that on Zanan's site. The NPC list may help.

Romaal, you might actually have more luck asking this over on the WOTC message boards. There are plenty of drow-fans over there.
The Sage Posted - 20 Jan 2007 : 23:29:39
I don't think there's actually been a listing published that covers the recent order of Drow Houses in Menzoberranzan.

You may want to look over Zanan's collection of Drow-related material, in case there's anything there you can use. See here:- http://games.dnd-gate.de/viewtopic.php?t=257

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000