Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Orva - The Lost Kingdom of the Vast Swamp
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2024 :  12:58:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Something new I cooked up in my spare time and due to Eric Boyd's incessant nagging.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/471453/Orva--The-Lost-Kingdom-of-the-Vast-Swamp?src=newest_in_dmg&filters=45469

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 19 Feb 2024 12:58:52

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2024 :  16:37:42  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the skeptics out there, George has proven that he actually can write Realmslore without revolving all his plots around gnomes. (At least until he release the sequel: Orva: The Untold Backstory.)

We have a bet going about the importance of this obscure piece of Realmslore, so please prove me right for the measly cost of a $1. If I win, I will never let him forget it.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2024 :  00:00:37  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Solid material for a $1?

Ummm...MORE fella. Publish more.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Seeker

97 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2024 :  00:03:17  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice and lore-tastic work!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2024 :  02:38:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's some good, solid lore, and it would be a bargain at 3 times the price.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2024 :  21:52:53  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
does this mean you two are back writing more elven lore for your games?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2024 :  11:47:47  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good stuff

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2024 :  01:04:59  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, talk about "No good deed goes unpunished."
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2024 :  06:41:43  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Wow, talk about "No good deed goes unpunished."

Lol that was what I thought when I read that.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2024 :  15:07:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kysus

We are always writing elven lore. Problem is, we are also always writing dwarven lore, human lore, orcish lore, halfling lore and even gnomish lore. It's a bit of a fight as to what gets our attention on any given day.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2024 :  18:53:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had heard from an elf whose ancestors dated back to being the estaervaelal that had found and recovered the gold circlet that housed Oomrith's sentience, and according to their family history, before becoming a soul larvae and advancing through the ranks of devilkind... the being that had become Oomrith had indeed been a living gnome. If you want to corroborate this detail, just reach out to the Nimbraii spellcaster named Mendacity Prevaricator

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 05 Mar 2024 19:06:09
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2024 :  13:17:16  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I had heard from an elf whose ancestors dated back to being the estaervaelal that had found and recovered the gold circlet that housed Oomrith's sentience, and according to their family history, before becoming a soul larvae and advancing through the ranks of devilkind... the being that had become Oomrith had indeed been a living gnome. If you want to corroborate this detail, just reach out to the Nimbraii spellcaster named Mendacity Prevaricator

Of course such a spellcaster exudes trustworthiness worthy of Tyr. *Look over my shoulder for signs of an offended Hammer of Grimjaws*
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2024 :  15:11:45  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

We are always writing elven lore. Problem is, we are also always writing dwarven lore, human lore, orcish lore, halfling lore and even gnomish lore. It's a bit of a fight as to what gets our attention on any given day.

-- George Krashos

Dont forget giant lore

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2024 :  16:34:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

-- George Krashos

Dont forget giant lore

Just because you said this... it might be interesting to note a list of the various different "power groups" as an overview that might have long histories of impact to the world. I agree with the statement that giant lore being developed makes the world seem "real", and one of the strengths I've always felt for the realms is that it really is about "forgotten realms"... places, items, ideas, wars, times of growth etc... caused by/developed by many different cultures really feel like they've shaped the world.

So, just for fun... some of the many "groups" that I've been seeing people develop "lore" for that make the world seem more real.

beholder lore
illithid lore
doppelganger lore
aboleth lore
Sarrukh lore
Batrachi lore
Aearee lore
dragon lore
Old Ones lore (not much on them, but they were a power group long ago)
dark elven lore
fey / feywild lore
shadowfell lore
goblin lore
gnoll lore
duergar lore
demon lore
devil lore
"god" lore
primordial lore
portal lore
artifact/magic item lore
spelljammer/wildspace lore
geographic change lore
"mineral"/"metal"/"plant" lore on how they impacted history at times

THIS is why I love this world. It feels real because its not just "and the elves guided the world in this direction", which is kind of what I get from people who talk about Tolkien's silmarillion (not knocking Tolkien... just saying people saw his stuff and improved over time).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000