Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:07:59  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Mike Mearls just shared this article on Twitter. I'm skeptically curious.

quote:
The upcoming Warner Bros motion picture will be based on a script by David Leslie Johnson (Wrath of the Titans) and produced by Roy Lee (The Lego Movie, How To Train Your Dragon) with the involvement of Hasbro chief executive Brian Goldner and chief content officer Stephen Davis. It will take place in the popular D&D campaign setting of the Forgotten Realms.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

Edited by - Delwa on 03 Aug 2015 19:18:25

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:27:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skeptical?

Even if its a flop (which I don't see happening), it will bring much-needed attention back to The Realms.

ESPECIALLY if its a Drizzt movie. A young, dark-skinned rebel who is tough-as-nails but has a heart-of-gold? You just tapped into the whole teen-angst Hunger games/Divergent thing. Throw in the 'fantasy craze' right now, and a lack of any other fantasy films on the horizon. Unless they are completely idiots, thats a recipe for success even if the script is a load of horse-hockey.

All they need is a giant monster (dragon) BBG and lots of fighting/action scenes. Who cares if its actually good? I smell BLOCKBUSTER.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Aug 2015 19:41:37
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:30:46  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Skeptical?

Even if its a flop (which I don't see happening), it will bring much-needed attention back to The Realms.

ESPECIALLY f its a Drizzt movie. A young, dark-skinned rebel who is tough-as-nails but has a heart-of-gold? You just tapped into the whole teen-angst Hunger games/Divergent thing. Throw in the 'fantasy craze' right now, and a lack of any other fantasy films on the horizon. Unless they are completely idiots, thats a recipe for success even if the script is a load of horse-hockey.

All they need is a giant monster (dragon) BBG and lots of fighting/action scenes. Who cares if its actually good? I smell BLOCKBUSTER.

I'll give you that. I just really want it to be good. It doesn't even have to be LotR levels of good. How to Train Your Dragon levels of good are fine by me.
Maybe skeptical is too strong a word for what I'm feeling with this news.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:30:49  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No faith in this whatsoever, but will probably watch.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:46:25  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

No faith in this whatsoever, but will probably watch.

Same. I'll wait for it to hit RedBox.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:46:56  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Skeptical?

ESPECIALLY if its a Drizzt movie. A young, dark-skinned rebel who is tough-as-nails but has a heart-of-gold? You just tapped into the whole teen-angst Hunger games/Divergent thing. Throw in the 'fantasy craze' right now, and a lack of any other fantasy films on the horizon. Unless they are completely idiots, thats a recipe for success even if the script is a load of horse-hockey.

It won't be Drizzt, though. The plot will be written by David Leslie Johnson.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:51:34  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

It won't be Drizzt, though. The plot will be written by David Leslie Johnson.

How does that mean it won't be Drizzt? I don't follow.
My wife and I liked what he did with Red Riding Hood, but I haven't seen any of his other work.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:52:52  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't RAS be credited for the plot, if the movie were Drizzt?

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:54:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That doesn't mean anything - most movie-companies re-write novel stories. Just look at how different the Marvel movie-verse is from the comics.

A dark-skinned 'bad boy' with a heart of gold, a pretty, red-haired orphan girl (who's a deadly shot with a bow!), a big, tough, ripped dude competing for her affections (star-crossed love), an angry little dwarf, a quirky hobbit, and a 'deadly assassin' stalking them the whole time? Then you throw in a giant monster at the end... and maybe even have their nemesis help them? ("Nobody kills you but me!").

Slap some brilliant CGI onto that and you don't even need a script - the damn thing sells itself. It PURE WIN.

And BTW, I am not a fan of Drizzt. I'd personally rather see some Harpers, or even Elminster. I like RAS's writing, but Drizzt himself leaves me flat. However, I am smart enough to see the marketing potential in him. He's like Blade, Chuck Norris, and every male character from Twilight rolled into one!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Aug 2015 19:57:35
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  19:58:11  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was making the assumption that the involvement of RAS' characters would imply his involvement in the writing process (and major involvment not just consulting). I don't really know how movie production works, it just seemed natural to me

Edited by - Irennan on 03 Aug 2015 19:58:44
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  20:00:09  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Shouldn't RAS be credited for the plot, if the movie were Drizzt?

I could see that if they are doing a book adaptation, but if they're adding to the Drizzt lore; doing a story that hasn't been written yet, there wouldn't be a need to. Additionally, it wouldn't be the first time an article/announcement like this forgot this level of detail.

It still wouldn't surprise me to see them do all new characters with this, either. You'd have less fan expectations. Make the movie about new characters, but let the big names and places make cameos, you're less likely to draw the wrath of the nerds if you don't portray the famous characters right.
We shall see.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  20:13:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New characters = 'the other D&D movies'

I hope they see that. Hasbro must have some smart folks working for them (I hope).

Like I said, I DON'T like Drizzt - but he is our golden ticket to FR heaven. I don't have to like the movie - neither do the rest of us - WE ARE ALREADY FANS. Piss us off - we'll still be here (4e has proven that). But for the MILLIONS of newbs getting into the Realms for the first time? Give the masses what they want - a light script filled with plotholes and Michael-Bay the ***k out of it.

I just want it to succeed, as should we all. I don't need to like the movie. In fact, 'nerd rage' contributes to 'buzz', so bring it on.

RAS not be involved? You mean, as if some large, greedy corporation didn't want to give credit (credit = MONEY) to a best-selling author, and would rather just write their own script (only loosely based on his canon adventures) using an IP THEY ALREADY OWN OUT-RIGHT, that appeals to the lowest common denominator?

HEAVEN FORFEND!

To them this is a money-grab. To US, it like throwing a rope to a drowning man. You gonna complain about the quality of the rope? Not when it saves us, you won't. If this is a hit, have you any idea what this will mean for FR & D&D?

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Aug 2015 20:14:35
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  20:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think that follows. I will say that new characters does make it more likely that it will fail. I won't argue there. But I'm not about to write off a cast of new characters.

I do think a Drizzt movie is their best, for sure bet. I think they'd be nuts to not attempt it. But if they don't, I'm not throwing in the towel until I've seen it on the screen.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Taurendil
Acolyte

Chile
43 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  20:39:33  Show Profile Send Taurendil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, Wrath of the Titans had actually a script?!

Doesn't matter who the main character is if that's the kind of plot level they will be using.

I foretell a trainwreck.

- Ideas desordenadas sin RPG en específico www.juegoconamnesia.blogspot.com (Spanish)
- Des idées en vrac pour n'importe quel JdR www.jeudeloubli.blogspot.com (French)
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  20:59:45  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few more details in this article at Variety: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/dungeons-dragons-movie-in-works-at-warner-bros-as-lawsuit-ends-1201555394/

Note how the prior snafu with rights came to an undisclosed settlement and the production people behind the previous D&D movies are still set up as producers.

As for my take on it. We will likely get a party utilizing some of the races pushed to the forefront since 4E (Tiefling and Dragonborn) mixed with some of the old standards. The archetypes will consist of:

- Normal generic human male warrior or rogue (maybe a mage type if the want to mix it up), played by newcomer Hollywood Hunk #7482. This is equal parts for the male audience to identify with and to draw the female audience in. Count at least one shirtless scene to showcase his awesome abs. Character personality will likely be the honest rogue (regardless of class) with a heart of gold, but a snarky slacker exterior.
- Pretty but dangerous and competent female co-lead, possibly an elf or tiefling. Most likely played by one of the hottest young starlets the production can afford. She will be serious and a leader type, but have self-doubt due to her heritage (if tiefling).
- The stout and quiet dragonborn, says little, but what he says is poignant. Warrior or priest. Possibly CG with a well-known actor for the voice.
- Stubby and witty, but badass comic relief. Dwarf/gnome/halfling as needed. My bet is on gnome to differentiate from the dwarves and halflings of LotR. Possibly with a slight magitech/steampunk vibe.
- The fifth wheel, depending on the other characters, this character will be used to fill in the gaps in either classes or races. May also be used as a serious "straight man" to the jokesters in the party.

Yes, essentially all the archetypes will be the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy with a fantasy D&D skin.

The antagonist will be the Zhents and Banites, thus they came properly make use of Beholders. Gives the enemy a classic dark army vibe. Otherwise, they will opt for the Shadovar for the visuals of manipulating darkness.

Drizzt and/or Elminster will have a brief cameo. If the former, it will likely be to test the waters in terms of make-up effects and to set the stage for a Drizzt movie series.

Ed Greenwood may get a voice cameo, maybe as a mysterious and disembodied narrator during the intro voice-over.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  21:12:25  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please don't be about Drizzt please don't be about Drizzt. >_>
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  21:34:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#1, Drizzt will succeed. Anything else is a crap-shoot. I greatly dislike Drizzt, but I want the Realms to rise again, and Drizzt can accomplish that goal.

#2, Dark Wizard, you seem to be describing a D&D movie, which isn't the same as an FR movie. If it features dragonsborn and tielfings, well, thats not really FR. It could also come-off as very... comic-bookish. I'm am picturing the Hellboy movies right now. trying to be serious, but just looking ridiculous.

If it doesn't feature previously established FR characters it will more then likely fail (see prior D&D movies), and they will have over-looked the major benefit of having it set in the Realms - its history. To everyone else who's not already a fan, it may just come off as another, generic fantasy world with hokey, non-human characters.

People identify with HUMANS (and human-like people, like dwarves and elves). Nobody identifies with Jar Jar Binks. They have to know their audience, and it AIN'T US. All the FR fans in the world won't make that a blockbuster. They have to grab the 'young adult' category, 14-25, and that means explosions, lots of fighting, cheesy dialogue, and angtzy characters. You want depth, re-read your OGB.

'Entitlement' will ruin the Realms yet. We need numbers, not 'art'. Art wins awards, and 'box-office hits' lead to new products. I want new products. Art can come later (again), when The Forgotten Realms is a household name.

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Aug 2015 21:36:26
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  22:54:00  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope it has Minsc & Boo in it!

Vin Diesel can play him (already bald & a massive D&D fan), and he doesn't have to speak - Jim Cummings can dub.

Edited by - BenN on 03 Aug 2015 22:57:16
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:02:16  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Until I know who's directing this I will remain skeptical. Roy Lee has a good pedigree, but Sweatpea's involvement is not good news for us getting a serious movie.
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:06:22  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either it will be based on one of the popular FR novel lines, or it will be an original story. By bet is on a Icewind Dale adaptation. Hasbro is likely looking at, if successful, as a way to build a movie universe like Marvel or DC.
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:23:09  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Markus: Drizzt sells. Whenever I got to Barnes and Noble, 9 out of 10 FR books are Drizzt. If not for Drizzt, there may not still be a FR. However, I doubt it will be about him.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:38:14  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know if DLJ has any history with the realms?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had another thought. What if a classic adventure, or an adventure series, is adapted? That I think could really be fun.

Edited by - Rymac on 04 Aug 2015 02:42:07
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  23:59:52  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

#2, Dark Wizard, you seem to be describing a D&D movie, which isn't the same as an FR movie. If it features dragonsborn and tielfings, well, thats not really FR. It could also come-off as very... comic-bookish. I'm am picturing the Hellboy movies right now. trying to be serious, but just looking ridiculous.

"Comicbookish" is no longer a deal breaker due to sheer ridiculousness. Some of the most successful movies of the last two decades are in that vein, comicbook superhero based or not. Also, by all accounts, either Hellboy movie is a much more successful movie than anything D&D has done thus far.

quote:

If it doesn't feature previously established FR characters it will more then likely fail (see prior D&D movies), and they will have over-looked the major benefit of having it set in the Realms - its history. To everyone else who's not already a fan, it may just come off as another, generic fantasy world with hokey, non-human characters.

The prior D&D movies failed because they were bad movies with progressively smaller production values, the latter of which were thrown together with limited support in order to satisfy the proper clauses to maintain the rights. Setting history or atmosphere had nothing to do with it. One could shoot a movie with each frame corresponding to a passage in a book, but it can still fall flat.

The average movie-goer knows jack about the Forgotten Realms. For the most part, summer blockbusters can be distilled down to a group of misfit heroes fighting a villain who wants to conquer/destroy the world. All settings are generic to the average movie-goer, it's the hokey, non-human characters (or some variation of such) who get people to pay attention to a new series.

There is no advantage to being set in the Realms over Greyhawk or Dragonlance or even Middle-Earth ("Oh, those boring books our English teacher made us read in middle school?"). It'll all seem similar to the regular audience, even to fans of these sorts of movies. Likewise, people don't care too much about the setting and history of DC or Marvel, they're in the theaters to see Batman and Superman or Iron Man and Captain America. The setting became important to Marvel only after a few movies came out.

Anything Hasbro puts out is starting from the same empty lot. Transformers and GI Joe were exceptions due to their long established cartoons, toys, and comic series. D&D or even FR would essentially be at the level of Battleship. People might have heard of it as a kid, but haven't really looked at the game in the last decade or more, if ever (and I'd bet more people have played Battleship than D&D).

quote:

People identify with HUMANS (and human-like people, like dwarves and elves). Nobody identifies with Jar Jar Binks. They have to know their audience, and it AIN'T US. All the FR fans in the world won't make that a blockbuster. They have to grab the 'young adult' category, 14-25, and that means explosions, lots of fighting, cheesy dialogue, and angtzy characters. You want depth, re-read your OGB.

By now it is likely that Rocket Racoon and Groot have sold more toys and comics than the entire D&D franchise ever did. They are cut from the same mold of non-human characters as Jar Jar, just rendered better in terms of personality and plot relevance.

Don't forget pop culture thrives on anthropomorphic animals and inanimate animated, going at least as far back as Disney in the '30s, and likely further back in the old pulp days and beyond that to fairy tales, myth and legend. Human heroes and heroines are a dime a dozen, now a talking racoon and a humanoid tree, that's (relatively) different.

quote:

'Entitlement' will ruin the Realms yet. We need numbers, not 'art'. Art wins awards, and 'box-office hits' lead to new products. I want new products. Art can come later (again), when The Forgotten Realms is a household name.

The Warcraft movie is further along and looks to have a lock on orcs (and night elves probably). Whatever Allspark Pictures and Warner Bros wants to introduce in this movie will have to contend with an established juggernaut in pop culture.

This could turn out like the first D&D movie all over again, coming in proximity to the first LotR movie, showing just how much variability in quality there could be in one genre.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  00:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

Hope it has Minsc & Boo in it!

Vin Diesel can play him (already bald & a massive D&D fan), and he doesn't have to speak - Jim Cummings can dub.

Would be nice! I could also see the guy who played Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy pulling that off.

I like Rymac's idea of adapting a classic adventure, that could work well, if done right.

I still think Mark has a good point about Drizzt being their best bet, but I don't think it's impossible for anything else to be sucessful.
I knew jack about Guardians of the Galaxy before I saw it, and I loved it, as did a bunch of other people, apparently. You just need a good story and a good crew, a crew that has chemistry.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  00:47:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will be standard sword and sorcery fare, I'm guessing. I agree that Drizz't would be the logical "best chance" vehicle. It will come down to production values (i.e. money). Small budget and it will be dross. I can't see it being a big budget movie though so I have my fears.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  00:59:36  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My hope is that they downplay the fantasy elements quite a bit and limit the amount of CG required and focus on a character driven plot.

Also, the time and effort required to make a CG Guenhwyvar right is going to be beyond the scope of this movie. It took an award winning effort just to get the Tiger in Life of Pi believable and they were confined to just a boat.

Our worst fears would be met if they decide to try and do a CG heavy blockbuster.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  01:00:18  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Farideh? Wouldn't a brimstone angels movie be able to surf the same wave as Divergent, Hunger Games and Twilight in some way?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  01:53:04  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They could do Guenhwyvar the way the shark was handled in Jaws; minimalist. Just show a lot of the figurine, make it darkness and only a few shots of the panther (they can use real black panther footage for when she isn't in combat but just being stroked by the characters).

That said - I don't feel like Drizzt or Elminster will feature heavily; or Bob/Ed would be promoting this more on their websites/Facebook. I feel like a cameo is all we will get. I wonder what era it will be set in though? Pre or post spellplague?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  02:09:40  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm expecting Realms = Drizzt, Realms = Elminster, etc. Not that I particularly like either of those characters, but they are iconic.

If it's just another generic party of characters vs just another generic evil villain then we'll see just another generic fantasy flop, same as we've seen with D&D movies before. It might be fine for kids and it might be a great vehicle for CGI eye-candy, but it won't be memorable. And, to be honest, I'm a little sick of having the token elf and token dwarf stereotypes.

I say we have a movie called Volo's Adventures. Something FR fans of all ages will enjoy. Not another forgettable (and, as a D&D fan, slightly embarrassing) little heroes-vs-dragon story which would probably look better as an anime.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  02:17:04  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the movie is partly set in the Underdark, the people who made The Descent should get involved. The movie very effectively created an intensely claustrophobic atmosphere, not to mention the scary beasties lurking in the darkness.

Also, thinking about how the producers could portray infravision made me think of Predator......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000