Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Sundering Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blinky501
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  04:14:58  Show Profile Send blinky501 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
HI all, let me start off by saying that I am new to the forum but I am liking what I am reading and most of the topics are really helpful and very insightful. I believe this is the right forum for this question, if not I apologize in advance.

There may be spoilers here, so proceed with caution.

Anyhoo, I have finished the companions, the godborn, and the adversary. I have about a third of the reaver left in the sundering series. So far I am loving it, the chosen are the most interesting characters (to me) in all of toril, and it used to just be elminster, and maybe Drizzt( they never actually say he is I think), and now, well you know if you have read I don't want to spoil anything for anybody. My question is are the six books in the series supposed to be related by more than just the events taking place, or are they supposed to be mainly independent stories but they just have overlapping plot lines. Like Sakkors, and Stedd.

I guess that I was anticipating this series being like the war of the spider queen series where there was six different authors, but they used the same main characters. So I guess I just want to know if the main characters will from the first four books make appearances or be integral to the final two books of the series.

sorry if I spoiled anything or my question was just dumb and blatently obvious that I just missed the answer to my own question. HAHA.

thanks,
blinky501

P.S. - this is a great forum I cant believe I have only known about it for a year if that long.

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  05:16:31  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To answer your question, I'm afraid the books don't ever connect very well. They remain only loosely connected.
And that was the real intention all along apparently.
It's not a very cohensive series with a larger plot running through. WOTC's "hype" misled the fans when they said it was a series about anything large scale. It's not...it's about each of the characters with the Sundering as vague background.
Despite WOTc misrepresenting the series, I've enjoyed the books so far.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  05:55:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stedd was mentioned in whichever book was prior to the one he starred in... But the mentions were kinda weird -- it seemed like he had always just walked away. I very much got the impression that those references were added after the fact, to provide some sort of continuity.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  19:25:12  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Stedd was mentioned in whichever book was prior to the one he starred in... But the mentions were kinda weird -- it seemed like he had always just walked away. I very much got the impression that those references were added after the fact, to provide some sort of continuity.

That's not the case. I was asked to use Stedd at the very beginning, to establish that he had been in the camp. I opted to give him some lines as well, which were all run by RLB. But yes, he's a very minor character in The Adversary, and if I recall my discussions with Richard, he hasn't even manifested his Chosen status at that point.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  21:00:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

quote:

That's not the case. I was asked to use Stedd at the very beginning, to establish that he had been in the camp. I opted to give him some lines as well, which were all run by RLB. But yes, he's a very minor character in The Adversary, and if I recall my discussions with Richard, he hasn't even manifested his Chosen status at that point.

Thank you for correcting me. I hope I did not offend; apologies if I did.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 10 Feb 2015 21:00:58
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2015 :  17:27:01  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

quote:

Thank you for correcting me. I hope I did not offend; apologies if I did.

Not offended. I just like to make clear I take this seriously.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000