Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Question - Mordinsamman
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blackwill
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  20:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Blackwill's Homepage Send Blackwill a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just wanted to find out some info about the Dwarven Pantheon, the Morndinsamman.

Were there any gods killed, or new gods created within the past few centuries? Did any die during the times of troubles? Did any new gods rise? And what about the exact relation from one god to the others.

Moradin and Berronar are the father and mother to all the Dwarven Gods? Or is it a little more complicated?

As much feedback as possible would be welcomed?

~Blackwill

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  20:30:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2E supplement Demihuman Deities would likely answer all of your questions quite nicely.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  20:36:00  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The older Morndinsamman consists of the following:
Moradin
Berronar
Abbathor
Clangeddin
Vergadain
Dumathoin
Sharindlar

The twins Diirinka and Diinkarazan are since long no more part of the Morndinsamman. Nor is Laduguer. Deep Duerra was never part, she rose after Laduguer departed the ranks and was banished immideately after her apotheosis and ascension.

The newer members are:
Thard Harr
Gorm Gulthyn
Marthammor Duin
Dugmaren Brightmantle
Haela Brightaxe
Go to Top of Page

Blackwill
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  20:55:28  Show Profile  Visit Blackwill's Homepage Send Blackwill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In particular Gorm Gulthyn, how long would he have been around?

PS.Wooly, I don't have that binding sadly, and here in Belgium they aren't very easy to come by since the only D&D shop in my city has closed due to going bankrupt.

~Blackwill
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  21:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwill

In particular Gorm Gulthyn, how long would he have been around?

PS.Wooly, I don't have that binding sadly, and here in Belgium they aren't very easy to come by since the only D&D shop in my city has closed due to going bankrupt.

It's safe to say he's been around a long time. The FRCS references his "millenia of dutiful practice" with combat maneuvers. It also makes mention that he is dying, that from giving his essence to avatars "over the many centuries" his fate has become tied to the fate of the dwarven kingdoms.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2007 :  22:06:30  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have little time. therefore only a short answer with a hint where you might find more on this: 2nd Ed. sourcebook Dwarves Deep. One of the greatest if not the greatest source for lore on dwarves.

more at another time, if no other sages have provided the info you seek already.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 07 Sep 2007 06:51:11
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  00:28:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The 2E supplement Demihuman Deities would likely answer all of your questions quite nicely.

On Hallowed Ground is a useful source, also.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  07:25:13  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cant remember ever reading about any large shakeups withing the ranks of the dwarven pantheon, with the exception of the gods of the Derro and Duergar.

Blackwill, you do know that most of the old editions products can be bought as downloads from Paizo or RPGnow? Not the same as the printed versions, but cheap and easier to get a hold of.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000