Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 How to knock someone out
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2007 :  15:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

BTW, just for reference, a quarterstaff is a lethal damage weapon. A sap (or a bag of nickels) is a "subdual damage only" weapon.

read the book wrong, sorry

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2007 :  18:10:30  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found rules on strangulation in a past Dragon magazine last night... these could be adapted to knock outs, but personally, and because I don't think many people in real life would know how to knock someone out "safely", I believe the only rules on knockout should be a high level rogue with a sap, sneak attacking for subdual... if it's enough to render unconscious, there... you're knocked out.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2007 :  23:07:02  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Found rules on strangulation in a past Dragon magazine last night... these could be adapted to knock outs, but personally, and because I don't think many people in real life would know how to knock someone out "safely", I believe the only rules on knockout should be a high level rogue with a sap, sneak attacking for subdual... if it's enough to render unconscious, there... you're knocked out.

Hello PDK and thanks for your participation! could you name the Dragon issue you found the rules in? I own quite a few myself andmight have it at home as well. I would be interested in those rules..........

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000