Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Rules question: Lesser Aasimars and Otherworldly
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2007 :  22:42:34  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who are concerned (DMs or players of native outsiders), they've just confirmed that native outsiders get martial weapons in the new D&D FAQ (p.90)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a

It helps Genasi a bit as they are quite weak, but as Eytan said, this makes the aasimar/tiefling a little strong for an already good +1 LA race (and remember that it only "adds" something if you play a class that does not have martial weapons, like cleric or wizard... classes that fit in the "if you're down to swinging a sword, you're in trouble" category... )
Go to Top of Page

bayar
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2008 :  22:01:27  Show Profile  Visit bayar's Homepage Send bayar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just registered to add the following: You cant take the Otherworldly feat unless you are a Human, a deep Imsakari, Elf or a Spirit Folk.

So, you cant add it to a lesser outsider.

Heh, wanted to use this on my lesser thiefling...
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2008 :  19:16:25  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bayar

I just registered to add the following: You cant take the Otherworldly feat unless you are a Human, a deep Imsakari, Elf or a Spirit Folk.

So, you cant add it to a lesser outsider.

Heh, wanted to use this on my lesser thiefling...

Why would you add Otherworldly to an outsider? they already have darkvision and are already immune to charm person...
Go to Top of Page

Artemel
Learned Scribe

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  17:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Artemel's Homepage Send Artemel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because lesser tiefling isn't a pure outsider (native). He's actually affected by spells that target Humanoids and Outsiders. So, instead of being less vulnerable, he is more vulnerable. Otherworldy fixes him back to normal tiefling strength.

For my 2 coppers... Otherworldy is very powerful and easily abusable, but I still allow it as a DM. The power I can handle, and the abuse is easier for me to spot than some other combinations. ^.^

@Bayar: Champions of Valor added a background that included otherworldy as a choice and was not as restrictive as PgtF. And since CoV came out over a year after PgtF... I suppose it would be logical to accept CoV as the overriding book for rulings.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000