Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Seeking info regarding Lapaliiya
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maelstrom58
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  22:42:36  Show Profile  Visit maelstrom58's Homepage Send maelstrom58 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ever since reading it's entry in Serpent Kingdoms, I have become hooked on Lapaliiya. However, even looking through my recently acquired 2nd Edition stuff, I can't find any entries for Lapaliiya. I'd like to know these two things--

1. Who created Lapaliiya, so that I can direct more specific questions to the author in the Sage's Chamber?

2. What books does Lapaliiya have entries in (ones that are of any length, anyway)?

Postscript: Three new topics in just as many days? Why the devil not?

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  22:53:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3/3.5e's Shining South also has a bit but most of it is referenced in SK.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 22 Mar 2007 22:53:37
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  23:38:32  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I created most of the lore on Lapaliiya for Serpent Kingdoms. I built it all the references I could find, but they were few and far between. The most extensive lore that existed was on Ormpur (sort of independent from Lapaliiya), stemming from 2 paragraphs in an old Polyhedron article.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

maelstrom58
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  23:59:28  Show Profile  Visit maelstrom58's Homepage Send maelstrom58 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair enough. thanks for the info, Eric; I think that you might be getting some questions in the future regarding Lapaliiya--if you don't mind.

And thanks Kuje; I have Shining South but I forgot about it's entry there. Just a slip of the mind, I suppose.
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  00:45:41  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm very interested in the region too. Ormpur is an especially evocative place. I would love to see Lapaliiya fleshed out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000