Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 King Azoun IV
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  10:22:51  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Brace Skatterhawk listed among those 'Azoun's Bastards'?
BTW Never mind. Could someone point me to this article, please?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  10:47:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Is Brace Skatterhawk listed among those 'Azoun's Bastards'?
BTW Never mind. Could someone point me to this article, please?

See here:-http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rl/20061101a

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  19:12:24  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

On a related note: Was the article following "Azoun's Bastards" ("The Scarlet Mummers") the last article in this series? If so, it left us with a rather irritating semi-cliffhanger...

I haven't checked my archive folder of the "Realmslore" column in a while, but yes, I think that was the last one.

Figures... The motto of all of the various publishers of the Realms since it first saw print seems to be "don't finish any stories except by omission or cancellation." It rather makes me wonder how "Death of the Dragon" made it to press, to return to topic... [/rant]

(I can't believe how tame my rants are these days... I hope it's more contentment with my own Realms projects than apathy over the current published setting... it's certainly some combination of the two.)

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 14 May 2010 19:12:46
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2010 :  18:00:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do know that Ed wrote more columns and handed them in, so there ARE unpublished columns out there. There are even a few unpublished Border Kingdoms columns, though most of the later alphabetical entries for that region are "unfinished" or even "unwritten." In recent years, the publisher seems to have shifted from "let's finish things or give them proper windups to avoid the PR damage" to "new boss/team/philosophy/approach, so drop, cut, and move on with the less said the better." I suspect it's budgetary, and exascerbated by personnel losses/changes.
I do know that Ed has offered to finish the BK columns for free, so long as Wizards promises to put them up on the website.
I don't know if any agreement at all has been reached, on that offer.
However, Mehangel, the best way to "see" Azoun IV as a person is to read Ed's novels, and to ask Ed questions in his thread here at the Keep.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2010 :  01:04:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

I do know that Ed wrote more columns and handed them in, so there ARE unpublished columns out there. There are even a few unpublished Border Kingdoms columns, though most of the later alphabetical entries for that region are "unfinished" or even "unwritten."
As an eternal Border Kingdoms fan, I'd love to read them!
quote:
I do know that Ed has offered to finish the BK columns for free, so long as Wizards promises to put them up on the website.
Just out of curiosity milday, how long has it been since Ed made this offer?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  18:58:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's made it several times, the last time being last (2009) GenCon.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  19:30:42  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Consider this a second (I'll take The Sage as the first) request to both Ed and Wizards for Ed to finish these articles and Wizards to post them. Of course, as the series in question involves no game mechanics, and is therefore suitable for use with any game system, I suspect the request to fall on deaf ears.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Mehangel
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2010 :  00:46:15  Show Profile  Visit Mehangel's Homepage Send Mehangel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry, I have been so busy. I still have the notes but because of D&D 4th and roleplaying group disbanding, etc I have had little time or reason to finish the work. Sorry about it.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Malanthius

Or 2008. Did anyone ever actually compile this biography?

Not that I know of, and I've not seen anything like this made available for storage on the main site. As I said back in '08, Mehangel last visited Candlekeep around October '07. He hasn't been back since. I suppose you could try contacting him via his email, or through MSN [see his profile for the relevant addresses].

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000