Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 FR Interactive Atlas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grazzt
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  16:43:55  Show Profile  Visit Grazzt's Homepage Send Grazzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all! I'm a new poster to and reader of Candlekeep.com.

I've been running a FR campaign for over 2 years now (the PCs are 16-17) centered in Cormyr.

I was wondering if any of you knew somewhere other than E-Bay that I might be able to purchase the Forgotten Realms Interactive Altas CD. I realise it's outdated, but many of the maps on there are still useful. Unfortunately, it's always $150 - $200 on E-Bay.

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  16:51:23  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's very expensive. I bought the CD a few years ago and the price was MUCH cheaper. I don't know another way than ebay to buy the CD but maybe you can buy it as download from the official site. I'm not sure that's possible but I should take a look there.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf of the Dark
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  17:07:17  Show Profile  Visit Wolf of the Dark's Homepage Send Wolf of the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you can't find IA somewhere, go to the WOTC webiste and in their archives (apologies, I don't have the link here- and am late for wrok...) I think in maps... you'll find the downlaodable poster size map of the Realms. I use it mostly now when I need area/overland maps.

It has good detail and can be blown up fairly large.

15 years of DnD, but only a few weeks in the Realms....
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  17:33:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf of the Dark

If you can't find IA somewhere, go to the WOTC webiste and in their archives (apologies, I don't have the link here- and am late for wrok...) I think in maps... you'll find the downlaodable poster size map of the Realms. I use it mostly now when I need area/overland maps.

The link: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Map Gallery.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  17:39:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grazzt

Greetings all! I'm a new poster to and reader of Candlekeep.com.

I've been running a FR campaign for over 2 years now (the PCs are 16-17) centered in Cormyr.

I was wondering if any of you knew somewhere other than E-Bay that I might be able to purchase the Forgotten Realms Interactive Altas CD. I realise it's outdated, but many of the maps on there are still useful. Unfortunately, it's always $150 - $200 on E-Bay.

I've seen it go for cheaper... But I don't know of any other legal means of obtaining it.

I'm glad I got mine when I did -- I got it new, for half-price, when TSR's Mail Order Hobby Shop was dumping them. Ditto for the Dragon Magazine Archive.

I think TSR's error with those programs was releasing them too early. The market for them was barely getting started. Had they not done it until 2000 or so, they'd most likely have done a lot better.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Grazzt
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  18:23:12  Show Profile  Visit Grazzt's Homepage Send Grazzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that link up there! WOTC's site can be notoriously difficult to navigate sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2007 :  10:36:26  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Iv'e got one for sale on ebay!

Delz

I'm Back!

Edited by - Delzounblood on 17 Feb 2007 10:36:54
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2007 :  07:13:56  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Delz

sell it for less than $150 and I'm, game
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2007 :  11:23:34  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Delz

sell it for less than $150 and I'm, game

Check your PM

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2007 :  19:59:16  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Wolf of the Dark

The link: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Map Gallery.

I have that as my wallpaper!!!

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000