Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Unaffiliated Dalesmen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MaxKaladin
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  15:31:03  Show Profile  Visit MaxKaladin's Homepage Send MaxKaladin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Reading about the dales, I've noticed that the official borders of the various dales leave some of the unforested land of the dales unclaimed. Presumably some of this land is inhabited. Has anything been mentioned in connection with this?

In particular, I'm looking at a chunk of the dales along the Moonsea Ride south and west of Mistledale. From what I've read, Mistledale doesn't go far enough west to encompass this, but Daggerdale and Shadowdale don't go far enough south. Old Sesserendale and Daggerdale are further south and Cormyr doesn't claim past the pass as far as I can tell. It seems like it ought to be occupied (what with a road running through) but isn't part of any of the dales.

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  15:41:41  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always seen the borders of the Dales as rather loose, but when it concerns this particular pass I think its unclaimed mostly because of the monsters of the Thunder peaks making it more trouble than its worth to hold. The Dales don't want it and Cormyrs annexation of Tilverton is still so recent that a firm hold of the passes has still not been secured. Some cormyrean patrols would probably take actions if trade were to much hindered though.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  16:54:16  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, the narrow part of the forest just past Pelden's Helm, is the called Darthan's Throat, and no Dalesmen settle in this region, but the Mistledale Lancers still patrol as far as Tilver's Gap. The region is suppose to be too dangerous to settle, due to orcs, hobgoblins, and bugbears. The Lancers keep the road safe for traffic from Cormyr, but not anything too far off the beaten path.
Go to Top of Page

MaxKaladin
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  18:40:25  Show Profile  Visit MaxKaladin's Homepage Send MaxKaladin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

According to Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, the narrow part of the forest just past Pelden's Helm, is the called Darthan's Throat, and no Dalesmen settle in this region, but the Mistledale Lancers still patrol as far as Tilver's Gap. The region is suppose to be too dangerous to settle, due to orcs, hobgoblins, and bugbears. The Lancers keep the road safe for traffic from Cormyr, but not anything too far off the beaten path.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000