Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Eytans new FR article to begin this month
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  05:25:49  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The latest ones up

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070228

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  14:30:04  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like too much of the excellent way that the author incorporate the duskblades in the Realmslore, in the new article.

Excellent, IMHO.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  21:29:16  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks indeed. Part of me wanted to do the same for knights, but I realized that knights are among the easiest to adapt classes because their roles are so clearly defined. The duskblade, on the other hand, really needed some definition.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2007 :  01:52:02  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was great. I didn't really like the class to begin with, now I want to play a FR duskblade

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2007 :  02:01:14  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked how you differentiated them from Bladesingers and gave them a distinct tradition and history.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2007 :  22:31:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm . . . . .

quote:
Originally posted by nbnmare

I'm hoping this isn't so, as I'd very much like to see the warlock, favored soul, and spellthief make an appearance in this series.

Gee whiz, Eytan, whatever could be next? [Ahem, ahem]

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2007 :  01:56:56  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Hmm . . . . .

quote:
Originally posted by nbnmare

I'm hoping this isn't so, as I'd very much like to see the warlock, favored soul, and spellthief make an appearance in this series.

Gee whiz, Eytan, whatever could be next? [Ahem, ahem]

Cheers

no fair

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2007 :  05:53:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

no fair

Well, I suppose that depends -- am I bluffing?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2007 :  05:57:49  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew it! I knew you were bluffing!
I knew he was...
bluffing.

( Couldn't resist. Sorry. )

Edited by - Garen Thal on 07 Mar 2007 05:58:35
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  02:24:48  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
he's not bluffing.

Go to Top of Page

PaulBestwick
Seeker

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  12:15:02  Show Profile Send PaulBestwick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The second part of the Warlocks article is up
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2007 :  20:32:30  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this series has been great so far hasn't it?

Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  21:47:06  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love this series, Eytan. I love how you introduce new game mechanics, too. I love the new feats, especially the Font of Inspiration feat for Factotums to help increase their inspiration points. You must've seen my gripe about that on ENWorld.

Can't wait to see more, and I hope you take on a bigger challenge...a Races Chronicles and help root in new races like the Aventi, Skarn, Goliaths, Raptorans, Illumians, etc.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2007 :  00:02:06  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Whenever I have an interesting idea for a new mechanic, I try to incorporate it. The Factotum thing was a matter of urgency. A lot of people really wanted it. It's entirely possible the feat could get revised or changed in a future publication, but at least it's out there now.

As for a races series, you never know, though I haven't signed on to do anything like that. My hands are full finishing up the last few entries of Class Chronicles (we're just about half way through now) and something else I can't talk about.

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 19 Jun 2007 00:02:25
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2007 :  05:50:43  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

My hands are full finishing up the last few entries of Class Chronicles (we're just about half way through now) and something else I can't talk about.

The House of Mysteries in Saerloon "got nothin' on you", Sir!
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2007 :  11:04:05  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

My hands are full finishing up the last few entries of Class Chronicles (we're just about half way through now) and something else I can't talk about.

The House of Mysteries in Saerloon "got nothin' on you", Sir!

Haha! Thinking of myself and the word mysterious in the same sentence somehow seems really funny. If it weren't for NDAs, in general, I'd be happy to tell you guys everything. I have a feeling a lot of designers feel the same way. But for now, I guess I can hind behind the mystique of the dreaded NDA.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000