Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Realmslore Poll Part 1: parameters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  16:15:28  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I recently asked Ed, via THO the following question:

quote:
Originally posted by Walkerninja
I wonder, THO, how does Ed generate topics for his WotC articles? Do they assign him topics, or does he choose them? I was thinking that it might be cool to poll the readers (on these forums, or on the others) in order to determine topics. Just put 5-10 choices up, and see which would be the most popular, and run with that one. Just a (respectful) thought.

To which, THO replied:

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
By all means run such a poll, because Ed now has more freedom than he started out with. Initially, he would suggest a long list of topics and send it in, and at the WotC end, topics would be approved or nixed, and Ed would then set to work on the surviving ones. I understand things have become more flexible.
love,
THO

Given her encouragement, I intend on running such a poll. As I didn't want to populate the poll with my own hobby-horses, I wanted the community here to nominate some topics. Obviously, a fifty item list won't be very usefull, so I've created some parameters.

1st- We'll limit the poll to ten topics.
2nd- One nomination per poster please.
3rd- In order for a nomination to make it to the final 10 (on which we'll vote), it must be seconded.
4th- In order to limit the number of topics (to make it manageable), if you second a nominee, you forfeit your opportunity to nominate your own topic.

Lets hear some feedback on these parameters, and once they are generally approved, we will move on to Part 2, the Nomination process.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  16:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magic! .

Variations in casting gestures/vocals/foci/symbols/areas/icons etc etc by region and/or religion (a great example being the stone giant from the RotA trilogy, who I believe was casting some sort of healing spell by placing powedered stone into the wounds, or e.g. the way an ogre mage might cast a similar spell different to how a wizard of Luskan/Halruaa/Thay/.... might do it)
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  16:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No offence, but why limit topics to 10?
(And scribes to one idea each?)
If WotC runs a Realmslore column a week, that's 52 a year, so a "final list" of 50 doesn't seem to me to be too large.
I'm really more concerned, though, about limiting scribes to a single idea. We could "lose" a lot of good ideas that way.
Sure, the election style might generate more interest/excitement/competition, but then . . . look at the results some elections give us, these days.
Why not vote for a "ten most popular" but present THO (to give Ed) the whole list, with the ten we voted for labelled as such?
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  17:18:43  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

No offence, but why limit topics to 10?
(And scribes to one idea each?)
If WotC runs a Realmslore column a week, that's 52 a year, so a "final list" of 50 doesn't seem to me to be too large.
I'm really more concerned, though, about limiting scribes to a single idea. We could "lose" a lot of good ideas that way.
Sure, the election style might generate more interest/excitement/competition, but then . . . look at the results some elections give us, these days.
Why not vote for a "ten most popular" but present THO (to give Ed) the whole list, with the ten we voted for labelled as such?

Reason 1: The Poll option available to us on these boards allow for 12 options.
Reason 2: Having broad support for a select few options is generally better than having lots of topics with very limited support.
Reason 3: The Sage and Kuje alone could develop a list of 100 topics within an hour's time. I am promoting a "1 man, 1 vote" approach in order to better represent the over all pulse of the community.
Reason 4: 10 is a nice round number.
Reason 5: I fully intend to faithfully report the full findings of this poll to THO. So all ten final topics will be represented, if in order of popularity.
Reason 6: I am assuming that if this poll is successful (i.e. some of our choices get picked), that there may be subsequent polls, perhaps twice a year, or once per quarter. So no need to put all of our eggs into one basket.
Reason 7: By seconding an idea, you should be signifying that this idea is stronger than one that you have thought of, or that you have thought of the same idea.
Reason 8: Priorities. Certainly the prevailing weather conditions in the Great Glacier are long over due for coverage, but aren't there other things that we might rather see first? (sorry to all you great glacier fans out there).
Reason 9: Emphasis. By limiting our selves to the ten topics that are MOST important to us, we have a better chance of communicating our will as consumers.
Reason 10: While there are 52 weeks in year, we are not seeking to monopolize the production of Realmslore. We must assume that WotC will also commision realmslore articles relevant to their product schedule. Further, it is possible (and probable) that some of our topics might need a multi-article treatment, again eating in to our 52 weeks. If all 10 topics are picked up for four-article treatments, we are using up 40 weeks.

And that's 10 reasons, a nice round number, and limited enough in scope to see my point.

Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 21 Jan 2007 17:25:05
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  17:23:43  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

Magic! .

Variations in casting gestures/vocals/foci/symbols/areas/icons etc etc by region and/or religion (a great example being the stone giant from the RotA trilogy, who I believe was casting some sort of healing spell by placing powedered stone into the wounds, or e.g. the way an ogre mage might cast a similar spell different to how a wizard of Luskan/Halruaa/Thay/.... might do it)

Great idea. However, this thread is limited to discussing the parameters of this poll. Once the parameters/procedures are generally agreed upon, a new thread will be started asking for nominations.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  17:35:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grin,

Reason 3 made me giggle evilly. :)

But those are good reasons and you've thought it through, so I agree with them.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  17:45:22  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, although I see both yours and Blueblades points, reason 1 is as good a reason as any. There are limits to how many options we can have. Lets try it the way you propose and see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  17:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair enough.
I see your logic, WalkerNinja, and accept it.
My only caution: in going for "one topic each" and "ten best," we should all remember what Ed said about the scope of website articles: that they are far better suited to "little" topics like the uniforms and ranks of a City Watch, rather than "big" topics like naming, locating, and describing the deeds, settlements, and social order of dwarf clans or orc tribes.
I was fearing (perhaps groundlessly) that the election process, which urges "strong" ideas, would end up giving us ideas better suited to sourcebooks, not brief web columns. Which various WotC staffers have said at GenCons is what the website can best host and handle.
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  18:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

quote:

Magic! .

Great idea. However, this thread is limited to discussing the parameters of this poll. Once the parameters/procedures are generally agreed upon, a new thread will be started asking for nominations.

Oh booo, I knew I'd read it wrong.

I think it's a good idea, looking forward to the actual poll , the voting system seems good to me. Though it'll only take 20 scribes to get 10 topics, do we vote to decide which 10 go through and then once the 10 are chosen vote again to decide which we want to see?
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  18:12:49  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good points, Blueblade. Obviously there are several topics that are less than viable. Of course the scope of what is and is not suitable can be debatable. Ed's long running Borderlands articles seem to point out that web articles can be more substantive than previously believed. Of course, we can expect a lot of Cormyrian matters to be heavilly NDA'd (especially with the new super modules coming up). Simultaneously, topics like "What're the Zhents up to?" would be too large and too NDA'd.

Lets also keep in mind that Ed's 3E-Kung-Fu is not particularly strong, so while the previously mentioned Magic article is seemingly viable, it might be more appropriate for another realms-scribe to handle (or a collaboration of Ed and another Scribe). So, lore over mechanics will me our Mantra, by and large.

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 21 Jan 2007 18:13:52
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  18:16:22  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Magic! .

Oh booo, I knew I'd read it wrong.

I think it's a good idea, looking forward to the actual poll , the voting system seems good to me. Though it'll only take 20 scribes to get 10 topics, do we vote to decide which 10 go through and then once the 10 are chosen vote again to decide which we want to see?

Yes, theoretically it only takes twenty scribes to get 10 topics. However, I percieve that enough scribes here are opinionated enough that people will be more prone to nominate new topics than to second potential nominees. In a case where we have more than 10 viable topics, I assume we will be forced to have a vote in order to put our list on Dexatrim (slim it down).

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  18:43:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let me start off by saying that this is an excellent idea.

I agree with others about how limiting it is though. If someone has three good ideas they can't post it? If they do their post will be deleted? One man, one vote is an excellent idea for the final poll (which should be 12, BTW), but I don't understand why the discussion thread should be so limited.

As an example (and this is not my suggestion), if someone says I would like to see more lore on Thay's past, and someone else says "yeah! that's a great idea, but it should include details about how and why they broke off from Mulhorand".

Does that now count as two seperate ideas?

Is the purpose of THIS thread to refine the ideas, as would have to be in the case of Kaladorn's multi-faceted suggestion(s)?

Just some clarification before I toss an idea out there, at least on how specific ideas can be. Another example -

1) "Let's see an article on magic items of Faerun"
2) "let's see an article on magic items of the Heartlands"
3) "Let's see an article on magic items of Cormyr"
4) "let's see an article on magic items of Suzail"
5) "What kind of magic items did Vanderghast have?"

So how specific do we need to get for Ed?

And please don't take any of the above as my ideas, I really don't have any interest in those subjects and thats why I used them as examples.

I just think we need to define the parameters a little better before everyone starts throwing out their ideas (and of course everyone will vote on theirs, so be prepared for too many choices).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Jan 2007 18:45:07
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  19:22:47  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Let me start off by saying that this is an excellent idea.

I agree with others about how limiting it is though. If someone has three good ideas they can't post it? If they do their post will be deleted? One man, one vote is an excellent idea for the final poll (which should be 12, BTW), but I don't understand why the discussion thread should be so limited.

As an example (and this is not my suggestion), if someone says I would like to see more lore on Thay's past, and someone else says "yeah! that's a great idea, but it should include details about how and why they broke off from Mulhorand".

Does that now count as two seperate ideas?

Is the purpose of THIS thread to refine the ideas, as would have to be in the case of Kaladorn's multi-faceted suggestion(s)?

Just some clarification before I toss an idea out there, at least on how specific ideas can be. Another example -

1) "Let's see an article on magic items of Faerun"
2) "let's see an article on magic items of the Heartlands"
3) "Let's see an article on magic items of Cormyr"
4) "let's see an article on magic items of Suzail"
5) "What kind of magic items did Vanderghast have?"

So how specific do we need to get for Ed?

And please don't take any of the above as my ideas, I really don't have any interest in those subjects and thats why I used them as examples.

I just think we need to define the parameters a little better before everyone starts throwing out their ideas (and of course everyone will vote on theirs, so be prepared for too many choices).

If you have three good ideas, I suggest that you find the best, most viable idea. Do I have more than one thing that I want to see explained? Of course. I'm only going to nominate one, the one thing, that more than anything else I want to see explained in print. Could you talk to some other people on this board and get them to nominate some of your other ideas? Sure.

Think of it like a game of D&D...

DM: You each get one wish.
You: Why can't we have more? There's a lot of things that I want!
DM: Pick what's most important, 'cuz you've only got one.

No player would have a problem with that. Heck, you just got a free wish! This is not unlike the opportunity that we have here. For the first time ever, you are getting to potentially affect what your (ostensibly) favorite author writes on. Pick one thing. Your one best idea will have the same weight as everyone else's going into the process. No one can rescind your nomination. This is your chance.

As for discussion... Discuss away! There will be a thread dedicated to nominations. I will encourage that discussion take place elsewhere in order to keep that thread clean and intelligable. After you've discussed, and you've got your nomination ready, go nominate it, then cross your fingers and see if someone seconds it.

Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  19:27:22  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
do we post our ideas here or do we send them someone (for exemple Kuje) who sorts them and post them as a whole?

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  19:32:52  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aureus

do we post our ideas here or do we send them someone (for exemple Kuje) who sorts them and post them as a whole?

Hmmm, I'd say that maybe the poster who makes the thread could edit his post and combine them into the first post or the mods could do the same thing if the poster didn't want to do it....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  20:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck in your endeavor. I look forward to the results.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  20:17:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hmmm, I'd say that maybe the poster who makes the thread could edit his post and combine them into the first post or the mods could do the same thing if the poster didn't want to do it....

That is what I meant to suggest too, good thought.

Post a list in the first post, then modify every so often until we have a decent list going, then filter down into a new Poll Thread.

I for one would like to see an article on the Weave - what it encompasses (Abeir-Toril, Realmspace, other Godly domains?), how it interacts with other planes (Can a mage from Realmspace cast 10th level magic when outside of Mystra's ban?), how 'tears' form, what is outside of Mystra's control? (beside the obvious Shadow Weave). Is the Weave Mystra herself? (hence why it colapsed during Karsus' Folly) Does magic exist without it (raw magic) and the weave merely makes it easier for a mortal to manipulate? (Then why can she ban Gods?).

All of these questions could be answered with a Weave article.

Enquiring minds want to know.

EDIT: opps, I just re-read the thread, sorry. Didn't realize that this was the pre-suggestion thread. See? Confusion starts already.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Jan 2007 08:05:03
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  20:24:41  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I for one would like to see an aricle on the Weave - what it encompasses (Abeir-Toril, Realmspace, other Godly domains?), how it interacts with other planes (Can a mage from Realmspace cast 10th level magic when outside of Mystra's ban?), how 'tears' form, what is outside of Mystra's control? (beside the obvious Shadow Weave). Is the Weave Mystra herself? (hence why it colapsed during Karsus' Folly) Does magic exist without it (raw magic) and the weave merely makes it easier for a mortal to manipulate? (Then why can she ban Gods?).

Well, Ed's answered most of those in the last three years in his replies. :)

Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  21:01:32  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's great that Ed answered most of them in previous questions, but I'm sure it would be very usefull to have the lore in one single article which is easy to read and really complete (canon like)

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  21:19:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

it's great that Ed answered most of them in previous questions, but I'm sure it would be very usefull to have the lore in one single article which is easy to read and really complete (canon like)

Ed's words are canon and what's so hard to read about his replies? They are dated and have a table of contents/index which is also contains the dates, at least the versions stored on Keep do.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  22:22:42  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And you can also do a quick search on any given page with Ctrl + F.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  23:06:30  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a fair system to me.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  23:47:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Reason 3: The Sage and Kuje alone could develop a list of 100 topics within an hour's time.

If you think that's bad... you should see the list of questions I've got still waiting to be posted in Ed's scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  23:48:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ed's words are canon and what's so hard to read about his replies? They are dated and have a table of contents/index which is also contains the dates, at least the versions stored on Keep do.

Indeed.

And as some of us have noted in the past, all or parts of some particular replies have been reprinted in official WotC FR sourcebooks. One of the more recent being in Power of Faerun...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Jan 2007 23:49:43
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  07:40:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that the more obscure or generic a request, the more chance there is for Ed to avoid the NDA demon and give us some meaningful realmslore. I'd like to see stuff like lost royal regalia for ancient empires such as Narfell or Raumathar. Information about the magic of the Shoon. More unique currencies of the Realms. Poisons. Herbs. Anything on dwarves, gnomes, orcs and goblinkin or giants. Heck, I'll take anything I can get.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  08:13:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Exactly.

I know most of YOU might find this hard to believe, but not everyone knows about Candlekeep. And some who know still don't come.

Since this WAS supposed to be what sort of articles would we like to see Ed do for WotC, NOT CK, then I think it very selfish for people here not to want to share Ed's knowledge with the rest of the world.

Since I see questions regarding the weave come up ALL the time at the WotC forums I thought this would be a good idea.

Obviously not.

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  08:28:44  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know most of YOU might find this hard to believe, but not everyone knows about Candlekeep. And some who know still don't come.

I don't know what you are annoyed about Markustay, but I prefer not to be generalised in capital letters.

It will be difficult to find a way of limiting the number of questions, and who will decide which questions should go into the poll? I have no preferences on the subject, but I am a little curious.

Edited by - Jorkens on 22 Jan 2007 08:29:11
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  13:07:58  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Exactly.

Since this WAS supposed to be what sort of articles would we like to see Ed do for WotC, NOT CK, then I think it very selfish for people here not to want to share Ed's knowledge with the rest of the world.

Since I see questions regarding the weave come up ALL the time at the WotC forums I thought this would be a good idea.

Obviously not.

Take a chill-pill! Did anyone say that they were going to disqualify your nominee? No... one of the moderators (correctly btw) stated that your question had previously been answered and its answer is canon.

Care to re-ask the question? That's fine.

However, I will again point out that this is not the thread where such discussions should be coming up. In fact, this discussion shouldn't even come up on the next thread where I start soliciting nominations.

If you want to debate the merits of a nominee, start a thread about that.

If you want to knock Candlekeep and its scribes, this isn't even the right forum.

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 22 Jan 2007 14:36:22
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  16:44:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Walker, had to say this.

Yes, people might not know of Keep, but you can say the same thing about the WOTC site and WOTC articles. I know of many people both online and offline who do not go to WOTC's site or even the FR part of the site.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  17:32:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, people might not know of Keep, but you can say the same thing about the WOTC site and WOTC articles. I know of many people both online and offline who do not go to WOTC's site or even the FR part of the site.

BUT the OP asked what we thought would be good articles for Ed to write for WotC, ergo your point is moot. I was just giving a suggestion that I thought many of the people would enjoy based on the types of posts I see over there. Different strokes for different folks.

quote:

If you want to knock Candlekeep and its scribes, this isn't even the right forum.

I'm not knocking anyone, I was explaining why my reccomendation should be exceptable given the OP's question. I think the scribes here and everyone else provide an incredible amount of information about a world we all love, and I wouldn't change that for anything. This place has become my 3rd favorite forum for awhile now (I'm a member of over 30) and is the place on the internet to dig up the miniscule details about the Realms.

Sorry, this is neither the time or the place for this. I'll go back to just reading and not posting.

quote:

Where can I find these? I've been looking and don't know what heading/category such would be listed under the site map. I've found the threads, but I really want to avoid reading two 84pg threads if I can help it. Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Jan 2007 17:53:27
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  20:56:42  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Location of Ed's answers...

You could click the link in Kuje's sig...

-or-

You could click this link: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/sse/so_saith_ed.htm

-or-

You could navigate to it via the Site by Selecting Alaundo's Library, then clicking Bard's Rumors under the Realmslore heading. The entry that you're looking for is the second listed in Bard's Rumors.

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 22 Jan 2007 20:58:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000