Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Finders Stone Trilogy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  23:07:43  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Right, got these books and loving every moment of them. Half way through the second one now.

My question is this though. The books themselves say they are set in 1333 DR (according to the Family Tree printed in the front of the second one) Yet, looking through my FRCS (and a few other sources) it's saying that Alias didn't release Moander until 1357. Any idea why this changed?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  01:33:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it doesn't specify Dale Reckoning. The first journal entry from Giogi says it's the Year of Shadows, and that's 1358. The family tree is likely in Cormyr Reckoning -- CR is off from DR by 25 years.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  01:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Now I see. *smacks forehead*
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  03:45:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, that used to bug me, too. I was just thinking about it the other day when I considered the Cormyr Reckoning angle.

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  06:30:09  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I absolutly love this trilogy. Old school Forgotten realms novel and feel. Additionally, you can't beat the older TSR era artwork. Some of my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  08:01:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

Yes I absolutly love this trilogy. Old school Forgotten realms novel and feel.

It's among my favorite FR trilgoies. I wish they'd reprint it, just so that more people could read it. I'd also love to see Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak return to the Realms.

quote:
Originally posted by scererar

Additionally, you can't beat the older TSR era artwork. Some of my favorite.

Definitely! Having come aboard when most of the artwork was done by Larry Elmore, Clyde Caldwell (who is referenced in The Wyvern's Spur), and Jeff Easley, I grew accustomed to some fantastic artwork. None of the artists used by WotC over the past several years even compare... Some of the new artwork, I flat out despise.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 12 Jan 2007 08:03:05
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  10:30:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For anyo e iterested in buying at least one of the books - The Wyverns spur is on sale on Ebay-Germany for another 2 days and 9 hours from this post onward.

Thought that might interest someone reading this thread....

Edit note: fixed the link.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 12 Jan 2007 10:31:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000