Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Shrine to Tempus in ruins of Dragonspear castle
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  07:01:49  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
On page 194 of the FRC theres a brief mention of a Shrine to Tempus in the Ruins of Dragonspear castle have any scribes seen any further info on this Shrine?

Also anyone heard of "The Tumulus" a location on the map that came with Underdark or Kanaglym a site thats on the DGTtU Map both sites seem to be close to Dragonspear castle

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  07:43:44  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad post sorry

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 03 Jan 2007 07:45:25
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  07:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

A shrine to Tempus is now the distinguishing feature of the stronghold, as the army that has remained at Dragonspear now works to protect the castle from invading creatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Heartlands#Dragonspear_Castle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

What Im thinking of is this

After Daggerford and its allies defeated the Pit Fiend Baazka and his devil army in 1363 (See Hordes of Dragonspear) a Temple to Tempus was set up in Dragonspear castle to guard the gate to the Nine Hells.

When Baazka and his devils "died" they where banished back to the Nine Hells and where banned from returning to the realms for 100 years (Some of the Pit Fiends Infernal followers escaped including Baazka's Erinyes harem which included the Nyphithys and at least 2 others). Baazka however found a way around his banishment he allowed his "Soul" to be added to the Staff of Cania (Homebrew artifact) along with several other banished devils. He left the staff with his Dragon mount Alymastalix, a Hellfire Wyrm with the instructions that he is to send the staff through the Dragonspear gate.

Alymastalix gave the Staff to his daughter (Half Hellfire wyrm dragon human who has levels of Warlock). She took the staff and used it on the Cleric of Tempus who are responsiable for guarding the gate. One of the powers of the staff of Cania is that when it hits someone the victim must make a will save, if they fail they get one Fiend point and a random devil enters the victim (Begining the Tainted Process)

By the time the campaign starts all the clerics in the Temple have fallen and the devils control them. Baazka however has been unlucky and still waits in the Staff.

Anyone used The Tainted Rules from Dragon 302?
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7725

Gaea made the Kavu in the Mori Tumulus, the mountinous region of Yavimaya caused by the destruction of Argoth.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  12:08:31  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of that appears in The North

Still nothing on those 2 Underdark sites?

By the way has anyone ever seen a listing of what Dinosaur races are found in the Lizard Marsh?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  12:49:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

On page 194 of the FRC theres a brief mention of a Shrine to Tempus in the Ruins of Dragonspear castle have any scribes seen any further info on this Shrine?
Hordes of Dragonspear has a little more info on the shrine.

There's a little in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast as well. And also about the former Hold of Battle Lions, a temple dedicated to Tempus.

Under Illefarn as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  12:57:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Still nothing on those 2 Underdark sites?
There's doesn't appear to be much. It's likely they're places noted on the map but without much supporting Realmslore.

quote:
By the way has anyone ever seen a listing of what Dinosaur races are found in the Lizard Marsh?
Not a complete listing... though Elminster's Ecologies: Appendix II offers a few dinosaur types in the nearby Serpent Hills that are said to also be found, sometimes, in the Marsh.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  22:42:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kanaglym is from the Avatar Crisis novel trilogy and can also be found in the paper FR Atlas.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  23:15:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Kanaglym is from the Avatar Crisis novel trilogy and can also be found in the paper FR Atlas.

-- George Krashos

Specifically, Kanaglym was referenced in Waterdeep.

Edited by - The Sage on 03 Jan 2007 23:15:59
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  23:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Ah thanks guys

Thats right Kanaglym the Dwarven city with the gate to fugues plane (Presumably it was part of Ilefarn)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 03 Jan 2007 23:22:47
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  04:33:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually it was an independent dwarven clan holding that was absorbed into Phalorm and disintegrated with the fall of that realm. Survivors mostly ended up in Ammarindar (which fell in turn centuries later).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Grehnar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2007 :  22:58:28  Show Profile  Visit Grehnar's Homepage Send Grehnar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As regards dinosaurs of the Lizard Marsh, other than the razortalon and spiketail types (deinonychus and a small stegasaurus) listed above, Under Illefarn effectively lists in its encounter tables the ceratosaur and pteranodon (strictly speaking a flying replile but close enough to a dinosaur for most players).
Go to Top of Page

Grehnar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  23:05:48  Show Profile  Visit Grehnar's Homepage Send Grehnar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Searching around a bit further, The North (available as a PDF free from WotC - scroll right to the end as it's on the back of the maps but it's much easier on the originals) also lists dinosaurs on its encounter tables (Temperate Coast, Forest, Moor and Plain). Basically the Lizard Marsh and environs are the only areas in this area listing dinosaurs except for passing references to frozen - i.e. inactive - dinosaurs in the Frozenfar and the Thunderbeast tribe's totem. This is the list:
Ankylosaur, Deinonychus, Diplodicus (sic), Elasmosaur (water only), Lambeosaur, Pteranodon, Stegosaur, Triceratops and Tyrannosaur. It's a good mix.
Deinonychus (and strictly speaking, Lambeosaur) is listed as 'land' only and not 'swamp' slightly contradicting the earlier EE II reference.
Hope this list helps.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  23:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grehnar

Searching around a bit further, The North (available as a PDF free from WotC - scroll right to the end as it's on the back of the maps but it's much easier on the originals) also lists dinosaurs on its encounter tables (Temperate Coast, Forest, Moor and Plain). Basically the Lizard Marsh and environs are the only areas in this area listing dinosaurs except for passing references to frozen - i.e. inactive - dinosaurs in the Frozenfar and the Thunderbeast tribe's totem. This is the list:
Ankylosaur, Deinonychus, Diplodicus (sic), Elasmosaur (water only), Lambeosaur, Pteranodon, Stegosaur, Triceratops and Tyrannosaur. It's a good mix.
Deinonychus (and strictly speaking, Lambeosaur) is listed as 'land' only and not 'swamp' slightly contradicting the earlier EE II reference.
Hope this list helps.

I ended up running it last weekend and I didnt roll up any Dinosaur encounters. I found a wandering monster encounter table for the Lizard Marsh in the booklet that came with the FR DM screen although there where only 3 lines

1-30 Adult Black Dragon (1)
31-90 Lizardfolk (1d6+4)
91-100 Lizardfolk waband

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Grehnar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  23:59:17  Show Profile  Visit Grehnar's Homepage Send Grehnar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never mind. Hope it went well.
I'm all inspired by dinosaurs now though. Pity my players.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  00:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grehnar

Never mind. Hope it went well.
I'm all inspired by dinosaurs now though. Pity my players.

you can check out how it went here

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8570

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2012 :  03:40:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Casts..
*** Raise Scroll ***

Anyone ever figure out what The Tumulus is? I found two separate sites saying it is associated with death, but one is definitely fan-fic and the other doesn't list sources.

EDIT: I found it on pg. 185 of Underdark, but it isn't much - is that it? The placement on the Und map doesn't jibe with the text.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Jul 2012 03:45:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000