Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Return of the elves in Faerun.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

XunValdorl of HouseKilsek
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  08:27:38  Show Profile  Visit XunValdorl of HouseKilsek's Homepage Send XunValdorl of HouseKilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What are the true plans of the elves concerning coming back to the realms. They are retaking Myth Drannor and elves are returning to the forests to retake their homes and lands. Will they reestablish themselves and return to the glory they once had?

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  23:57:40  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I dont think it will be possible for them to return to the "true" glory they once had, but I think they have decided to stop hiding and come back to the realms as they have now seen that Evermeet isnt as safe as they once thought.

I think they will attempt to reestablish themselves in former kingdoms, but unless their population rate increases like the dwarves did decades ago, I don't see how they can fully reestablish themselves.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  00:08:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by XunValdorl of HouseKilsek

What are the true plans of the elves concerning coming back to the realms. They are retaking Myth Drannor and elves are returning to the forests to retake their homes and lands. Will they reestablish themselves and return to the glory they once had?

Is power the same thing as glory?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Walls
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  03:34:31  Show Profile  Visit Walls's Homepage Send Walls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember Power and Glory in the WWF? Hercules Hernandez and Paul Roma!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  04:18:39  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they will return with more of a participative attitude towards it's neighbors. I think they already are very powerful. The question will be whether or not they can successfully restore and reposition themselves on the mainland of Fearun. IMO the elves as a whole will most likely act on lessons learned, in regards to settlements and surviving among the other "civilized races". If not they will probably be forced into another elven retreat.

Anyways, my 2 coppers and my own opinions. We will have to wait and see what canon realms materials show up in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  14:47:06  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would really love to see the Elves reclaim several of their former kingdoms on the main land. They are a poor shadow of the glory they once obtained. I doubt it IS possible to recapture that glory, but I feel a great sadness over what they have lost during the past several eons.

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000