Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Enclaves of Netheril Status (Shadowbred Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  02:25:41  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been doing a great deal of research trying to figure out the history and current status of all the fallen, (and unfallen) Enclaves of Netheril. Using all the resources available I've constructed a detailed list of quite a few of them... I'm trying to gain as much information as possible... This is what I've been able to figure out so far...

Aquessir (Shadowtop) - Created by Trebbe, fell before the Great Fall
Maunator (Sunrest) Fell before the Great Fall
Lhaoda- ?
Akinater (Quagmire) - Falls and is taken over by the Lizard King
Gr'Zhad
Delia - Created by Arcanist Lady Polaris
Doubloom - ?
Eileanar (Karsus's Enclave)
Frenwey (Yeoman's Loft) - ?
Jethaera - ?
Jiksidur (Laroch's Enclave) - ?
Jockteleg - Arcanist Quantoul survives the fall
Lathery - Arcanist Veridon used Enclave to fish the Narrow Sea.
Enclave is currently upside down, intact, with a working
mythallar in the frigit water miles under the narrow sea.
It is currently under the High Ice
Nhalloth - Crashed into the Inner Sea, currently buried under miles
of sand
Orbedal (Sanctuary) - Ruins became the Warlocks Crypt
Palter - ?
Phykornel (Buoyance) - ?
Sakkors - Raised from the Inner Sea, Mythallar is functioning and
Enclave once again is in the sky
Spiel - ?
Xinlenal (Ioulaums Enclave) - ?
Selunarra (Opus) - Still exists, Enclave fully operational. In
another plane
Thultanthor (shade enlave) - Enclave currently in the Realms.
Fully operational.
Hlondath - [Surivor state] - Fields are consumed by expansion of
Anauroch. Abandoned afterwards
Asram - [Survivor State] - Falls victom to plagues. No one survives
Anauria - [Survivor State] - Falls to an orc invasion

Sargauth Enclave - Skullport - 13 arcanists make the the Skullport
Skulls

Three Subsea Enclaves of Deep Netheril - Destroyed by Elvin HighMages

So this is what I've been able to dig up so far... I want to learn as much about the history, current location of, and what thier status are at the moment. I'm very, very curious. I would love a reference detailing all the Enclaves that were created during the height of Netheril and what happened to them after the fall. It would be great to know if they still have Mythallar's intact or not. Which ones could Shake in theory restore?

Mod Edit: put in spoiler warning in the title--Arkhaedun

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Edited by - Arkhaedun on 20 Dec 2006 05:05:07

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  02:27:49  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

BTW: Like I said.. this is all the information that I could find. Its possible that some of it COULD in inaccurate so dont hold me to gun point! The Enclaves of Netheril have become a sick obsession of mine lately and I cant stop trying to find out more and more about them! :) LOL

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  03:26:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of it is definitely inaccurate. Sakkors is a fifteen-mile long pile of rubble in the Inner Sea. Nhalloth lies off the coast of Aglarond, and is reasonably intact. (Sea of Fallen Stars for these)

Lathery is one I've not heard of... But if it was in the Realms when Karsus cast his Ultimate Mistake spell, then it can't have a working mythallar -- all magic stopped working; had the mythallars resumed operation, then more of Netheril would have survived.

There's rumored to be an enclave (or at least a Netherese city) in Firedrake Bay, off the coast of Tethyr, according to Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II.

Unless I am mistaken, the only enclaves known to have working mythallars are Shade and Selūnarra. And we don't know how well Shade's is working... The remaining Netherese enclaves are mostly rubble.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Dec 2006 03:29:29
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  04:58:14  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Unless I am mistaken, the only enclaves known to have working mythallars are Shade and Selūnarra. And we don't know how well Shade's is working... The remaining Netherese enclaves are mostly rubble.

Hmm, I suppose that in Skullport it's not a mythallar ?

Edited by - Skeptic on 20 Dec 2006 05:06:51
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  05:05:57  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MLT, I put in a spoiler warning at the begining of the thread since part of what you posted does give away a pretty big surprise from Shadowbred . . .
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  05:09:09  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arkhaedun

MLT, I put in a spoiler warning at the begining of the thread since part of what you posted does give away a pretty big surprise from Shadowbred . . .

If you mean : Selunarra (Opus) - Still exists, Enclave fully operational. In another plane.

Nothing new there, it was in 2E and hinted in previous 3E products (FRCS?).
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  05:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, there is another (to quote Yoda). But I don't want to be too specific in case anyone wandered in on the thread before the spoiler warning.
Go to Top of Page

Besshalar
Learned Scribe

Finland
166 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  09:14:23  Show Profile  Visit Besshalar's Homepage Send Besshalar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's just say that Woolly isn't quite up to speed ;)

The large print giveth , and the small print taketh away.
-Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  10:33:09  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for the spoiler warning.... :D Sorry about that!

Okay, without getting into TOO much detail about current realms novels... we DO know that other mythallar's OTHER then Shade and Selunarra function. And we know that fallen Enclaves CAN be successfully raised. I dont want to go into too much detail over HOW they can raised and whether the shadow weave or the regular weave can raise these beasts. I'm just trying to find current resting locations of the ruins and interesting history about the various Enclaves.
Thanks for all the replies so far!

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  15:41:23  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

-------SPOILER WARNINGS--------

If one fallen Enclave can be raised, what about raising another? As long as the Mythallar was in undamaged shape why not another? While most of the Netherese Encalves were completely destroyed I'm sure there must be several in decent shape....

I'm sure that the three survivor states, Hlondath, Asram and Anauria, (which landed completely intact) must have a hidden Mythallar burried under the sands along with the ruins of the cities. I dont know... just gives me something to think about.

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page

Tamtararamtam
Acolyte

Poland
13 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  18:04:06  Show Profile  Visit Tamtararamtam's Homepage Send Tamtararamtam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Soiler question:

How did the Shades managed to activate the mythallar in Sakkors? Was it intact, or did they somehow repair it? (I doubt that, since they couldn't do that with the one in the City of Shade)?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  19:26:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've not yet read the novels, but I'm still wildly curious as to how a fifteen-mile long trail of rubble was raised back into a city...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  19:33:16  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, spoiler time, but you really should read Shadowbred, as its a great novel:

Sakkors was a psionic, sentient mythallar, so it survived the destruction of the city. The mythallar was the key to the whole thing. Essentially a team of shadovar led by one of the princes cast a lot of spells to collect and restore the city around the mythallar. So essentially, the city was rubble, but the princes cast tons of spells to bring it back together again, as the main "thrust" was the intact mythallar that was found.
Go to Top of Page

Tamtararamtam
Acolyte

Poland
13 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  20:30:46  Show Profile  Visit Tamtararamtam's Homepage Send Tamtararamtam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to read it as soon as it's going to be published in Poland.

Or perhaps I'll order it through amazon... Don't know yet.

Thank for the info.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  23:08:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there's Undrentide, featured in the Neverwinter Nights expansion Shadows of Undrentide (spoiler):

The main bad guy from the expansion--who happened to be a medusa lich (!) bound herself to a mythallar and used it to raise the enclave (which was somewhere in the Anauroch) into the sky again, however, thanks to the PC the BBEG wound up dead (the PC destroyed the mythallar) and the floating city crashed back to the ground.

This enclave was made canon in the GHotR.

There's also Negrath, from the novel Depths of Madness.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 20 Jan 2008 23:09:52
Go to Top of Page

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2008 :  19:20:29  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I didnt read the novel Depths of Madness yet but whats this about Negrath? Was it an enclave?? Curious for more details

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2008 :  22:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MTLBiceps

I didnt read the novel Depths of Madness yet but whats this about Negrath? Was it an enclave?? Curious for more details

It must have been. But it seemed to be buried under the Anauroch (and doesn't get revived or anything, either).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2008 :  22:45:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik has confirmed that Negarath is an officially recognised enclave of Netheril. Plus, it was referenced in Grand History.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2008 :  23:21:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

But it seemed to be buried under the Anauroch (and doesn't get revived or anything, either).

Ahem: yet.

Doesn't happen in the novel, but you never know, really.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2008 :  23:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

But it seemed to be buried under the Anauroch (and doesn't get revived or anything, either).

Ahem: yet.

Doesn't happen in the novel, but you never know, really.

True, true.

Go to Top of Page

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  00:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

LOL

Is there a chance of it being revived?? Go figure, i've read almost every other novel except for this one... I plan on getting it in the next few weeks... are there hints of it being revived? Clues?
I really need to purchase this novel! LOL

MTLBiceps

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  01:02:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hints? Clues?

Hmmm... I would say that really depends on just *how* you read the few intriguing tidbits Erik shared with us about Negarath in Depths of Madness.

I don't want to spoil it for you, but when I started learning a little about the enclave's history... a few ideas about it returning to power did start popping into my head.

I'll note further that Erik laid a pretty "tinker-friendly" foundation for Negarath. A creative DM really could do wonderful things with this particular enclave.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Jan 2008 01:03:26
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  15:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll note further that Erik laid a pretty "tinker-friendly" foundation for Negarath. A creative DM really could do wonderful things with this particular enclave.

That was definitely my intention!

It's rather amorphous, this buried enclave, so you can basically run anything you want in there.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000