Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Hill of Lost Souls
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf of the Dark
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2006 :  02:44:12  Show Profile  Visit Wolf of the Dark's Homepage Send Wolf of the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings one and all,

I tried a search for my topic, but all I got was the 50 pages of Ed Greenwood QnA. All great stuff no doubt, but can anyone suggest a way to narrow the results?

I have the old Elminster Ecologies 1 with the Hill featured in it, but I would like to know what else has transpired in the area since 1995 (sic)-- ~1369 DR.

I just started my 1st FR campaign (just east of Hardbuckler) in a tiny hamlet I decided to make up for this early bit of work, but I think the players want to turn North instead of south, so I would like to hear a bit more about the Hill of Lost SOuls and environs, etc.

Or be pointed to some fine tidbits here at Candlekeep.

Thank you in advance,
- Steve

15 years of DnD, but only a few weeks in the Realms....

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2006 :  02:48:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Ed's ever discussed it, so I think that sourcebook is the last material on it. :)

As for Ed's replies, I have a Index/ToC of Ed's replies in my sig that you can use to do a search with.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2006 :  04:06:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a few later tidbits for the Hill of Lost Souls in Demihuman Deities (1998)... though nothing specifically new is revealed.

The other alternative is to simply ask Ed himself. He's got quite a backlog of questions to get through though... so a reply may be some time away. Unless Ed's go something on hand he can pass along.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2006 :  14:52:02  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not quite sure, but I believe that there might be some (small) references to the Hill of Lost Souls in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast. For sure there is more on Hardbuckler in there...
Go to Top of Page

Wolf of the Dark
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2006 :  03:22:40  Show Profile  Visit Wolf of the Dark's Homepage Send Wolf of the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all. I forgot to mention that in my pile of dnd stuff I have Volo's guide to the Sword Coast and the Elminster Eco I, so I have that great stuff to work from, plus there is a bit in teh FR Interactive Atlas which I can still get to work on one computer... The stuff tucked away there is actually pretty cool. (don't mean to gloat if that is what it sounds like).

From what you have stated here, it sounds like there may not be much specific stuff that my players will find or dig out to surprise me later. I may be safe to just play with what I have. And that is ok too.

The stuff on Hardbuckler and Cormp Orp is good, and the stuff in the campiagn hardback from WOTC fills in most of the rest....

Kuje, thanks for the link- I'll dig thru that for a while- looks cool...

~Turhan the Red, odd wizard at large....

15 years of DnD, but only a few weeks in the Realms....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000