Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Codex Quevarr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tigger
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  20:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Tigger's Homepage Send Tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Scrolls of Windsong (or Codex Quevarr) is briefly described in the Cormanthyr, Empire of the Elves. Has there ever been more information about it. Also when (if) Windsong Tower actually left Myth Drannor did the Quess Ar Teranthvar go with it (as it seems to imply in earlier sources) or is it still in the ruins of the city (or non-ruins given current events) as described in Lost Empires.
-Tig

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  22:58:58  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Windsong Tower did not go anywhere. You are confusing it with the either Abarat's Tower or the tower of the Seven Wizards. The tower itself is in ruins as I understand it, but the extradimensional hidey-hole containing the Nether Scrolls may still exist.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  00:11:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

Only the Tower itself flew away. The remainder of the rest fell to ruin during the Fall or afterward.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Nov 2006 00:12:52
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  15:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had posed this same question to Steven Schend who worked on Cormanthyr EoE. He told me that the tower did in fact leave myth drannor. It was blast into the sky where it remains in some kind of stasis. The dimensional networks were the real passage ways within the school. Those are not tied to the stones that signal their presence. So the area in Ssechyrnd (sp???) where Windsong Tower once stood is full of deteriorating dimensional gaps and pockets. Within one of these (although the entrance portal may be destroyed) lies the solarium. The solarium will remain in place regardless of what happens to the entry portal or Windsong tower... since it is in another dimension completely (its own pocket plane). The quess'ar'teranthvar still stands and is still guarded by whats his name (a crazy epic lvl arcane spellcasting male elf). Steven hinted at plots of his involving this being in conjuction with recent events. He also said that many people have tried to access that space over the ages and while most failed a few might have succeded and have been destroyed by whats-his-name.

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Tigger
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  22:48:27  Show Profile  Visit Tigger's Homepage Send Tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

The quess'ar'teranthvar still stands and is still guarded by whats his name (a crazy epic lvl arcane spellcasting male elf). Steven hinted at plots of his involving this being in conjuction with recent events. He also said that many people have tried to access that space over the ages and while most failed a few might have succeded and have been destroyed by whats-his-name.

I figured since Malkizid has been lurking in the city since 1355, that the Nether Scrolls were still there, since he seems to always be around them.
-Tig
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  21:08:08  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who thinks that the new residents of Myth Drannor have found the Windsong Nether Scrolls in the 5 years that they've been there?

I asked Rich Baker this, and he didn't really have an opinion (as I recall).

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  09:35:09  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I would say no, they have not found them. IIRC the Scrolls are the best kept secret of the elves. So there would be only a very slight chance that they stubled over them but I would doubt that they are actually searching for them actively. Just my opinion.

And after all there is still this guardian wizard - his name being Tyvollus Aluviirsaan, by the way.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Tigger
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  04:33:47  Show Profile  Visit Tigger's Homepage Send Tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since they new ruler of Myth Drannor has the Rulers Blade, I'd guess she at least knows where the gate to the scrolls are, and of course the Srinshee is back, and we know she knows where they are.
-Tig
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  01:36:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Srinshee was never really *gone*, and at the same time we don't know for a fact if she is back in the Realms proper, either (assuming I haven't missed anything, as always).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  01:41:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RF, I'm assuming you've read "Tears so White" in the Realms of Elves anthology?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  23:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

RF, I'm assuming you've read "Tears so White" in the Realms of Elves anthology?

Yes.

To be honest, I've forgotten where she went at the end of the story.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000