Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Selukiira
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tigger
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  05:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Tigger's Homepage Send Tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Recent novels have returned these items to Faerun and been interesting to read, however even the 2nd edition sources don't really go into how they work, only that they get more powerful the older they are (I seem to remember the most powerful became a brilliant red in 2nd edition). I guess my question is how do they become more powerful. Do they gain a spell, feat, etc for each owner, do they gain spells, etc per year/decade etc possessed, does each owner decide how much of his ability to sacrifice into the gem, does the gem gain powers when the owner dies. Any comments, sources or thoughts appreciated.
-Tig

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  09:32:39  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting question you've posted here, I was wondering about this myself, only source that I know of is Cormanthyr http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/2/fr_downloads/tsr1165.zip.
As you've said Selu'kiira provides different powers depending on its age, probably the base should be standard Telkiira (statted in LEoF pg. 155 - 156), and afterwards I think it should provide the neccessary feats (and xp included) required to wield epic (High, maybe even required feats for Elven High Mage in RoF) magic. It should also include more spells than standard Telkiira (even epic), contain at least 24 ranks in some Int, Wis, Cha-based skills, and ability to hold particular memories of previous wearers. Now what's Sealethil has done with his kiira is unclear to me, but it seems that every Selu'kiira has this ''mental'' guide, bearing the personality of a previous wearer, who ''navigates'' the new wearer within this vast vault of knowledge

Edited by - Marc on 10 Nov 2006 09:35:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000