Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The most dangerous assassin in forgotten realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  11:06:30  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
How are the most dangerous / coolest assassin in Forgotten realms.

Let me here ure opinion

Assassins (guils / bands)i know of.

The Assassins of Zakhara (Assassin Mountain)
The Night Masks, a band of thieves, assassins - The Faceless
Fire Knives
Cult of Set
Shade Council
Harper Assassin

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  12:01:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Theres also an Assassins guild in Vaasa that used to serve the Witchking

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  13:28:32  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
from a certain standpoint, one might suggest that an assassain working with an organization instead of solo might be a little less effective. Check out Grosse Point Blank.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  13:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obvious it may be, but Artemis Entreri is certainly one of the most notorious.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  21:09:08  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Professional killers are not 'cool'.

Most of the Realms' most dangerous slyblades are still in the shadows, unexposed by prying authors, I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  21:27:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Most of the Realms' most dangerous slyblades are still in the shadows, unexposed by prying authors, I'm sure.

Truth... A reputation can be one of the deadliest and worst things for an assassin to have. Once you're known, you're on the radar of everyone who pays attention to these things: people watching the balance of power, those worried about being assassinated, those tasked with preventing assassinations, those who want someone assassinated, and those who want to make a name for themselves by slaying "the notorious assassin Black Bob!" It's not easy to quietly off someone when you're dodging potential clients, the watch, hired security, wary targets, and rival assassins...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  22:37:48  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i was going to say...i know many of you probably dont like entreri for some reason but id say hes up there with the most dangerous or at least one of the most notorious

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  23:36:17  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have to say, even though I have'nt read many of the FR novels, that Artemis Entreri is not only my favorite character, but the most efficient assasin. A man who can make the largest city in the Realms shudder and look over their shoulders is one efficient survivor, which is what I admire.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  00:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ranin does have a point...but yeah i assumed that because ALOT of people think drizzt is overrated and that Salvatore is a not so high quality auther that they would also look down on versus idolize Artemis Entreri...but hey i still think hes super wicked sweet!

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  08:15:59  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lucky that people have differnt opinons, or else our lifes would be a little less interesting.
But yes I also agree with Ranin, calimport's most dangerous assasin through the times Artemis Entreri, is up there on the list. But in people's respective campaigns there might be npc's or char's more skilled in the shadow arts than Entreri. And yes the uttermost skilled preform their killings in absolute anonymity.
And Genis, do people think that R.A Salvatore is a bad writer??!! you cant argue with success!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  08:24:03  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And by the way, my choice for best assasin is Erevis Cale, chosen of mask. Looking past the high-level assasins im my campaigns. =)

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  08:26:16  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that the Grandfather of Assassins, a priest thief assassin is the Most dangerous assassin in Forgotten realsm. Artemis Entreri cant even kill Drizzt, i am sorry to say.

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  08:48:06  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HA ha! lol. Point taken Victor! touche! he he

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  09:36:14  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget the Jaezred Chaulssin. They are a powerful group of Assassins as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  18:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think think anyone person can kill Drizzt, unless they are ultra divinely powerful. I admire Entreri due to the fact that he uses NO magic. ONLY sheer skill brought on by living from childhood in the streets of the most dangerous cities of the Realms. I was born in a dangerous city and can relate to that, which is why I relate a bit to him.

Even the Drow of Menzobaranzan said, "..a pity that he is not drow.", in admiration. Why would Jarlaxle team up with Entreri if he was'nt the greatest of all assasins. He was the only human the drow actually respected, from my readings anyways, and besides the psionicism bestowed by Jarlaxle's cohorts, Entreri had no magic abilities like that of a divine disciple of Mask for example.

What is so amazing about Entreri is how he is equally matched with Drizzt, or almost, in sword play, and Drizzt, being a drow, has had more life experience. Salvatore does not let Entreri die because he is an assasin of assasins.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  19:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jaezred Chaulssin.??? Where can i find info on this Drakul?

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  20:02:10  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
they are the 1/2 drow/shadow dragon clan from the "War of the Spider Queen" storyline

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Besshalar
Learned Scribe

Finland
166 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  20:55:30  Show Profile  Visit Besshalar's Homepage Send Besshalar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranin

I would have to say, even though I have'nt read many of the FR novels, that Artemis Entreri is not only my favorite character, but the most efficient assasin. A man who can make the largest city in the Realms shudder and look over their shoulders is one efficient survivor, which is what I admire.

Personally I'm much more scared of the assassin that doesn't get noticed untill the deed is done and then simply vanishes in to the night .

The large print giveth , and the small print taketh away.
-Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  21:40:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Besshalar

quote:

Personally I'm much more scared of the assassin that doesn't get noticed untill the deed is done and then simply vanishes in to the night .

Exactly. Being prominent can be the kiss of death for an assassin.

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  21:52:58  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

On the flip side, having your reputation preceding you could work to your advantage in that a potential victim confronted by you would be if anything more fearful and mroe prone to making mistakes.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  22:52:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

On the flip side, having your reputation preceding you could work to your advantage in that a potential victim confronted by you would be if anything more fearful and mroe prone to making mistakes.

Yeah, but if the assassin is that good, the victim should never know he's there.

Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  23:11:30  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

I have info about them on my Chaulssin forum. Here is the info:

CHAULSSIN - The City of Wyrmshadows

House of Master Assassins: *Jaezred Chaulssin (with the following members, all Vhaeraunians)

Mauzzkyl (md, ?) Patron Grandfather

Tomphael (md, Wiz?) Patron Father

Xorthaul (md, Clr of Vhaeraun) Patron Father

Zammzt (md, ?) Patron Father

Nimor Imphraezl (md, half-shadow dragon, Rog3/Ftr4/Asn9) Anointed Blade of the Jaezred Chaulssin

- aliases used by Nimor were: Reethk Vaszune (Menzo, trader in spell components), Zhayemd Dyrr (Captain & scout of House Agrach Dyrr of Menzo)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber

Edited by - Drakul on 03 Nov 2006 23:17:17
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  00:01:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Most of Faeruns older assassins should be dead thanks to Bane using the souls of the Assassins to create an avatar during the time of troubles

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  00:16:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Most of Faeruns older assassins should be dead thanks to Bane using the souls of the Assassins to create an avatar during the time of troubles

Not true since WOTC changed that bit of text in the FRCS on page 264. Only the assassins that worshiped Bhaal were killed, not ALL assassins were killed.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 04 Nov 2006 00:18:06
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  00:40:43  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, only those with the assassin class died (which means any hitherto unstatted character can easily be said to survive the event).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  00:44:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There are also a few tidbits in the "Character Profile: Nimor Imphraezl" at the WotC FR Novel archive.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  03:46:59  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't think think anyone person can kill Drizzt, unless they are ultra divinely powerful. I admire Entreri due to the fact that he uses NO magic. ONLY sheer skill brought on by living from childhood in the streets of the most dangerous cities of the Realms.

Oh? Not even his Charon's Claw, or life-stealing dagger?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  08:48:54  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont understand this Artemis Entreri, is okay - just not my cup of poison. When i ask you ho is the best Assissin in forgotten realms alomost all off you say Artemis Entreri, is this because you dont know many assassins, ore is it because he is the best?

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2006 :  04:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
its because i dont know many assasins i'll be honest ;)

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2006 :  04:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and about that whole assasins are better if nobody knows about them thats true and then again it isnt...i noticed that actually having a huge reputation and everyone being afraid of you has its payoffs and benefits as well as its downsides.....if everyone is afraid of you it gives you a certain amount of power and respect but then again people are always trying to kill you and take you place as "the assasin of assasins" so you have tons of stupid foolish lil assasins trying to take your place that you have to watch out for none-the-less.....so being well known has its upsides and downsides

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2006 :  23:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I dont understand this Artemis Entreri, is okay - just not my cup of poison. When i ask you ho is the best Assissin in forgotten realms alomost all off you say Artemis Entreri, is this because you dont know many assassins, ore is it because he is the best?

'Best' is such a loose concept. Few assassins are known that I'm aware of. And Entreri *is* very good, as demonstrated by both his skill and reputation in Calimport and along the Sword Coast. And if we're talking stats, he's a level 18 character, which is very powerful by anyone's standard.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000