Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Kagan's RPA
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kagan Clearwater
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  14:36:17  Show Profile  Visit Kagan Clearwater's Homepage Send Kagan Clearwater a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all,

I created a excel spreadsheet for DM's to use to make their life simple. It is free and there is no regestration required. I only get a warm, fuzzy feeling. You can find it here:

www.knoxgamers.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5359/Main/5359/#Post5359]
===========
You can read a description of it below.
===========

This version includes a Create Mythal tab along with a weather tab. An Options tab has been added so that you can load examples and clear tabs with ease.

The weather tab generates 3 months of random weather based on the 3.5 DMG rules. You select what season it is, climate, and where (coastal, inland, and river). Based on your selections, you will see floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards randomly coming and going. Blizzards can last up to 3 days and Hurricanes can last up to seven!

I added a temperature setting in the Weather tab that varies depending on if a "Heat Wave" or a "Cold Snap" passes through. Each day's temp is based on the previous day. There is also a wind speed indicator which changes depending on the day's weather.

If you are a FR fan, I included the calender from the FRCS and it will show the solstices and equinoxes of the seasons, and, of course, the months. If you don't use the FR setting, you can use your own custom months by selecting it on the Options Tab.

The Mythal tab lets you create a FR mythal based on the rules in the Lost Empires of Fauren book. Follow the directions in the book and enter the information into the spreadsheet and it will do all the math for you.

As in the previous versions, the main reason to use this spreadsheet is for DM's to easily calculate and award experience, and track the campaign over 20 sessions looking at the charts.

======

I look forward to feedback to make it better. Thanks!

Edited by - Kagan Clearwater on 31 Oct 2006 15:17:04

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  14:51:10  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"The requested URL /forums/sho...5359/ was not found on this server."

You might need to make an adjustment.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kagan Clearwater
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2006 :  15:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Kagan Clearwater's Homepage Send Kagan Clearwater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! The link is working now.
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  08:12:05  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I downloaded the file - unzipped - and took a few minutes to look through all the stuff there. Very complete! I like a LOT of what I saw, and think I may try and use this for my game! Many thanks!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Kagan Clearwater
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  16:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Kagan Clearwater's Homepage Send Kagan Clearwater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dhomal,

Thanks! There's that warm, fuzzy feeling! :D I've spent quite a few months of free time working on this. Most everything (except for the crafting tab) there has been designed to be printed on 1 page (either landscape or portrait).

I'll be happy to answer anyone's questions about the program.
Go to Top of Page

Kagan Clearwater
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  14:28:07  Show Profile  Visit Kagan Clearwater's Homepage Send Kagan Clearwater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I've updated the program and have posted it using the same link above. Details of changes are below.

+ Added a EL table that scales as the party advances on the Adventures Tab
+ Added a Spell Ticker Tab for magic users to keep track of ongoing spells & effects
+ Changed the automatic Character Advancement Feature on the RPA Tab to track to 20th lvl
+ Added the 'Powerful Storms' checkbox on the Options Tab to turn on/off powerful storms
+ The chart 'Avg. party level progression' now shows 1 decimal point for easier party tracking
+ knoxgamers.org is now a URL link so you are a click away from help.
+ Random Thoughts have been expanded and has a checkbox now in Options.
+ The Grudge Match Feature can be turned off in the Options Tab.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Kagan Clearwater
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  17:07:01  Show Profile  Visit Kagan Clearwater's Homepage Send Kagan Clearwater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the details for the latest update, 1.2.5.

+ Daystamp Sessions checkbox in the Options tab
+ Textbox added on the Adventures Tab to keep Campaign Notes
+ Campaign Notes Textbox has checkbox for Showing/Hiding.
+ Seasons, Climate, and location are all checkboxes now in the Weather tab.
+ The Character Advancement chart follows the latest session.

The daystamp option will let you keep track of when the session took place automatically. After your session, fill out the details and it will show the date of the session on the RPA tab. Another useful feature is the textbox to keep campaign notes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000