Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shadowbred (Spoilers!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnsric
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  22:15:14  Show Profile  Visit johnsric's Homepage Send johnsric a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Wow. I have to say it again, WOW! What a fantastic book Paul. I was one of the lucky few who got an advance copy of the book. Did I mention wow? This is how a Realms Shaking Event should be written: the overwhelming menace of the enclaves of Shade and the Goddess Shar, the villains who are characters (not caricatures), and the fact that the Realms actually shake in this book, not just wiggle a little bit.

Erevis is back and is his usual antihero self. He is my favorite Realms character and I all but cheered at his “reverse Samson” moment. The real scene stealers are the Princes of Shade and a certain Sembian’s niece who happens to be a priestess of Shar.

I don’t want to write too much, because I’ll inadvertently give something away (at least more than I already have). I do have one complaint, one that grew more and more acute as I came closer to the ending: the fact that I’ll have to wait until April of 2007 to read the second part of the tale!

Mod Edit: Added a spoiler tag to the title just in case.

Edited by - Kuje on 23 Oct 2006 22:18:10

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  23:02:48  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye for posting thy comments, johnsric. I envy thee having this tome so soon

Remember that Shadowbred will be featured in next months Book Club here at Candlekeep. Feel free to join in the discussions and post thy thoughts

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly