Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Eric Boyd: Hes a hero this man!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  07:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
From Dragon 350

Legacy of the Ancients
by Eric L. Boyd
More planetouched races inhabit the forgotten realms than just aasimar, tieflings, and the elemental genasi. Four new planar-blooded races: the azerblood, celadrin, d'hin'ni, and worghest.

and from Dragon 349

The Horde, by Edward Bonny, Brian Cortijo, and Laszlo Koller - A massive fourteen-page article covers the Hordelands of the Forgotten Realms! It has an overview of the Endless Waste before covering the peoples that live in the Hordelands. A full-page map precedes the gazetteer of the area which takes up most of the article, before ending with 3.5 stats for the dzalmus dragon (a true dragon). Sidebars cover where to get more information on the Hordelands (the 2E supplement on WotC's website, and a web enhancement for this article on Paizo's site), as well as the Taangan and Tuigan people, two new regions FR characters can choose (the Endless Wastes and the Lake of Mists), a timeline of the Endless Wastes, Tuigan sayings and superstitions, and two new regional feats (Horse Nomad and Raumathar Heritor).

It has been a VERY long time since I bought 2 Dragons in a row

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 11 Oct 2006 08:02:51

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  08:27:57  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn...neat!

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  08:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, heh, I wonder if mentioning "the Horde" on the cover will get some additional purchases from misguided World of Warcraft fans...

By the way, no argument with your title for this thread. Eric Boyd is definitely one of my heroes!
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  09:11:42  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Celadrin, I'm intrigued ...

Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  14:02:24  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Suppose to be a Web Enhancment with the Horde article too on paizo's site.

EvilKnight

Danali Index
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  14:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It´s good to know that those requests about a planetouched article have passed. I will wait to see this issue.

An Eric L Boyd is one of my heroes, too.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  15:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

From Dragon 350

Legacy of the Ancients
by Eric L. Boyd
More planetouched races inhabit the forgotten realms than just aasimar, tieflings, and the elemental genasi. Four new planar-blooded races: the azerblood, celadrin, d'hin'ni, and worghest.

thats sweet

just a guess:

azerblood = dwarf/azer
celadrin = elf/eladrin
d'hin'ni = djinn/halfling
worghest = goblin/bargest

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  17:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to getting these in the mail.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  13:40:23  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric's always been one of my heroes too.

Steven
who, because he likes Mr. Boyd, won't try to pen Eric of Melniboydne as an epic poem... ;)

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  16:46:00  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>>worghest = goblin/bargest

Betting worg / bargest

And Yes, Eric is SOOOOOOO appreciated. Can't wait to see the horde article.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  16:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

>>worghest = goblin/bargest

Betting worg / bargest

I thought that too, but decided it would probably be a humanoid crossbreed...as a worg is a magic beast (correct?)

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  21:17:31  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the nice comments folks. It's just a simple little article, but it plugs a couple of holes in 3e Realmslore that I've wanted to address for a long time.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  21:42:58  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Eric's always been one of my heroes too.

Steven
who, because he likes Mr. Boyd, won't try to pen Eric of Melniboydne as an epic poem... ;)

Why not? That would be an interesting read

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  21:57:26  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric is a great guy. Always helpful, reliable, and willing to lend his advice and expertise. I've been waiting for something like the celadrin for a while, so I'm psyched.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  00:39:26  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting ideas from Mr. Boyd. I almost always like his FR sourcebooks. And I like plane-touched.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  02:31:10  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The news of these upcoming FR related articles has prompted me to order a Dragon subscription.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  06:24:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's my hero too. I love what comes out of his noggin'.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  06:41:00  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now the real question is can we get an FR trifector from Dragon magazine.... Its been a while since Ive bought 2 consecutive issues and I dont think Ive ever bought 3 in a row........

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  06:55:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's going to be FR content in every single Dragon Magazine now supposedly.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  06:59:38  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

I thought that wasnt coming in until 2007

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  18:49:29  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

Is that confirmed? If so...when does it start?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  02:04:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jason Bulhman said so on the ENworld Boards. From now onwards.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  04:41:54  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Jason Bulhman said so on the ENworld Boards. From now onwards.

-- George Krashos

Something I read in the latest issue of Dragon led me to believe the same thing. Something about a Realms article and an Eberron article...

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  15:09:03  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Legacy of the Ancients."

Heh. It's making me think of Shadow and Vorlon-type creatures for use in an FR game.

Still, I'm intrigued by what Eric's cooking up for this article. My Planescape-sense is tingling.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  15:45:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

"Legacy of the Ancients."

Heh. It's making me think of Shadow and Vorlon-type creatures for use in an FR game.

Interesting idea... The Vorlons could be Jhaamdath survivors, and the Shadows could be some of Shar's oldest servants, and ones who are responsible for leading powerful people to the Shadow Weave. It's not a direct translation from B5, but it's an idea...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  15:52:05  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice.

Hehe . . . The Shadows could also be the Shades... an ancient evil returning to their "places of power" - - looking to promote war and chaos across the Realms.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  16:18:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, considering that the Shadows worked -- ahem! -- from the shadows, I see them as being more in the background, making promises and aiming people in the right direction. I see them leading to the discovery of the Shadow Plane, influencing Lord Shadow to check it out, and maybe having something with why Shade was stuck there for so long...

I also see them as having been around for a lot longer than Netheril... Maybe it was Shadow influence that made the Ilythiiri to be so warlike and evil, and/or caused the banishment of all dark elves, not just the evil ones, and/or prompted the High Mages to cast the Killing Storm... They could have been why the Imaskari did some of the things they did; they could have influenced the opening of the Orcgate...

Similarly, the Vorlons could have been behind the formation of some of the earliest nations; Jhaamdath could have simply been where their influence was greatest.

There's a lot of potential, there. But we're threadjacking this topic. We should take it to PM.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 Oct 2006 18:25:23
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  09:04:09  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More FR goodness in Dragon 353 for Feb 2007

This month Dragon visits the Outer Planes of D&D, including an overview of the Elemental Princes of Good, a bestiary of Forgotten Realms outsiders , a survey of demiplanes and pocket dimensions, and the Ecology of the Keeper, and a famous monster from the much-loved Planescape setting. A new Erevis Cale Forgotten Realms short story, “Confession,” by Paul S. Kemp, rounds out the issue.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  12:07:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

...and a famous monster from the much-loved Planescape setting...
Oooh! I like the sound of that.

Let the speculation begin!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  13:49:16  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth A new Erevis Cale Forgotten Realms short story, “Confession,” by Paul S. Kemp, rounds out the issue.

As an FYI: "Confession" is not a Cale story specifically, or a Realms story generally. It is a story set in a setting of my own. Sorry for the confusion.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  13:54:47  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

More FR goodness in Dragon 353 for Feb 2007

This month Dragon visits the Outer Planes of D&D, including an overview of the Elemental Princes of Good, a bestiary of Forgotten Realms outsiders , a survey of demiplanes and pocket dimensions, and the Ecology of the Keeper, and a famous monster from the much-loved Planescape setting. A new Erevis Cale Forgotten Realms short story, “Confession,” by Paul S. Kemp, rounds out the issue.

Not sure why you put this in this thread as I didn't write any of hese. I think I know who wrote the bestiary, but that's best left unguessed until we have the real preview (1 issue ahead).

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000