Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 City of Splendors: Yolanda Shamat question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  00:48:27  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just wondering -- am I wrong, or were the priestess of Loviatar mentioned in City of Splendors (Yolanda Shamat) and her patron, the aristocratic necromancer Lady Ellandra Tolbert not both described as characters in the old Complete Guide to Necromancers?

I could swear I remember them, as well as Kazerabet the Dark Angel and Corrupt Avenger Ysawib al-Tawis (from non-Realms book Heroes of Horror).

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  00:57:37  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its possible I remember that theres a short module in the book thats set in the FR and includes a Cleric of Loviator from Waterdeep

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 08 Sep 2006 00:58:19
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  01:07:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

Just wondering -- am I wrong, or were the priestess of Loviatar mentioned in City of Splendors (Yolanda Shamat) and her patron, the aristocratic necromancer Lady Ellandra Tolbert not both described as characters in the old Complete Guide to Necromancers?

I could swear I remember them, as well as Kazerabet the Dark Angel and Corrupt Avenger Ysawib al-Tawis (from non-Realms book Heroes of Horror).

Indeed, they all are.

Yolanda, Ellandra, Kazerabet, and al-Ysawis are all NPC necromancers from the 2e Complete Book of Necromancers.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Sep 2006 01:09:25
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  01:52:37  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd just like to chime in and say that I remembered that too, Sage. *Proud.* ;)

I also absolutely love that book.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  02:22:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As do I.

'Tis still a far better source on necromancers than almost anything I've seen on necromancers in 3e.

And it did wonders for my RL campaigns back in 1999.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  13:42:16  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep. I never miss an opportunity to work an a reference to an old, obscure source of Realmslore. ;-)

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  15:52:02  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

I'd just like to chime in and say that I remembered that too, Sage. *Proud.* ;)

I also absolutely love that book.

I loved it too, not least because it inspired me to buy a big Clark Ashton Smith collection from Arkham House. I still have the CAS book, but I've long since lost the Necromancers book, as well as almost everything else from the 2nd Ed. days. Forgotten Realms, Zakhara, Maztica, Kara-Tur... I got so desperate I had to sell them all. Now I just wish I'd gone hungry for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  16:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Yep. I never miss an opportunity to work an a reference to an old, obscure source of Realmslore. ;-)

--Eric

And I like it.

I wonder if it was you, then, who wrote up the 'Company of the Cloak' in Powers of Faerun; the company of adventurers who specialized in killing other adventurers? I'm just asking because I recently glanced at the Old Grey Box and they list the company and its leader in the "Current Clack" section. And that was the only mention prior to PoF they ever had. Talk about obscure!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2006 :  01:14:23  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

quote:

--Eric

And I like it.

I wonder if it was you, then, who wrote up the 'Company of the Cloak' in Powers of Faerun; the company of adventurers who specialized in killing other adventurers? I'm just asking because I recently glanced at the Old Grey Box and they list the company and its leader in the "Current Clack" section. And that was the only mention prior to PoF they ever had. Talk about obscure!

Good catch. I suggested them to Ed and he wrote them up.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2006 :  01:26:34  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

--Eric

That makes me wonder if you recognize this one -- two of the more obscure gods of the Realms would be named Khass and Isakkhu...
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  15:11:56  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

quote:

--Eric

That makes me wonder if you recognize this one -- two of the more obscure gods of the Realms would be named Khass and Isakkhu...

No takers? Both are mentioned briefly in the Complete Barbarian's Handbook as gods worshipped by barbarians in the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  16:30:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:

No takers? Both are mentioned briefly in the Complete Barbarian's Handbook as gods worshipped by barbarians in the Realms.

Yikes. I missed the question (reading too fast), but I confess I didn't know about those two. Damn!

So, in this theme, who is Tulmara Zir Bharann and in what two products has she appeared?

--Eric

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 13 Sep 2006 16:30:58
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  16:39:57  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
quote:

Yikes. I missed the question (reading too fast), but I confess I didn't know about those two. Damn!

So, in this theme, who is Tulmara Zir Bharann and in what two products has she appeared?

--Eric

I'll bite. Who is she?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  16:52:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
quote:

--Eric

As I recall, Tulmara is the Guildmaster of Thieves in Zazesspur. Sources:- Complete Thief's Handbook and Lands of Intrigue.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000