Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Info on Kymil Nimesin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  18:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anyone give me information on Kymil Nimesin's

Hair color?
Eye color?
And
Lineage?

I also need to know if he's still alive in novels. Thank you, my fellow scribes!

-Ryissa Silverwing
Wanna roleplay? Join the crew at..:
Sandhrune's D&D Board (Munchkin Policy: let the crucifixion begin! <= With a policy like that, how can you resist?) Join the adventures today!

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  20:39:50  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who is he?
Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  22:17:13  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is the Elf that trained the Danilo's girlfriend the HalfElf that carries a Moonblade. I can't remember her name of the top of my head. As for Stats on him if you had the 2E Villans Handbook tome handy he is in there. I don't have it with me but maybe one of the other scribes might.

As far as I know he is still alive. He was originally tried by the Harpers and placed in a magical cell that put him on another plain of existance. I can't remember the last book he was in but I do recall that he was rescued by Lloth and another evil god. I think (I emphisize THINK) that it was in Evermeet the Novel. Again I could be wrong.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare

Edited by - AraznBlair on 01 Apr 2003 22:19:41
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:19:37  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked in Villain's Lorebook and i didn't find it. So i chacked again

Kymil Nimesin
Elf male 12th-level fighter
ARMOR CLASS: 7
MOVE: 12
HIT POINTS: 47
THAC0: 9
NO. OF ATTACKS: 3/2
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 90% to sleep and charm
ALIGNMENT: Neutral evil
STR 14, DEX 17, CON 15, INT 13, WIS 12, CHA 17
Personality: Kymil longs for the past. Heís old
enough to remember the glory that was Myth Drannor,
and he hates the ill fortune that has befallen the
elf race since then. He blames the humans for this
decline and hopes to restore the elves to their former
positions of stewardship over all the Realms, with
him leading the elves in this, of course.
Locales Frequented: Evereska, the North, Waterdeep,
and Evermeet.
Appearance: A gold elf of noble family, Kymil has
a bronze complexion, long golden hair streaked with
copper highlights, and eyes like polished black marble.
Heís graceful, tall, slender, and a very handsome
elf.
Foes/Enemies: Arilyn Moonblade and the elves
of Evermeet.
Weapons of Proficiency: Short bow, dagger
(thrown and wielded), footmanís flail, knife, morning
star, long sword, short sword.
Nonweapon Proficiencies: Ancient history
(Myth Drannor), bowyer/fletcher, direction sense,
modern languages (Common, elvish); 4 open.
Equipment: Kymil has access to standard gear,
much of it of high-grade elven construction.
Magical Items: None known; though magical
items of elven manufacture or even those from the
time of Myth Drannor are possible.
Combat/Tactics: Kymil is an excellent swordsman,
and he prefers the personal feel of a melee over
the detached exchange of missiles.
Allies/Companions: For a time (before his betrayal
of her), Arilyn Moonblade was a student of
Kymil. He also used the elfshadow of Arilynís moonblade
to set her up as a killer of Harpers. See the Heroesí
Lorebook for information on Arilyn and her
sword.
realizing that in many ways, the time of the elves is
passing. The past can never be regained.
Campaign Uses: Kymil survived the defeat of his
scheme. He could escape the Harpersí justice and
seek revenge on them or Arilyn, or begin another
quest to elevate the elves to lordship of all.
Sources: Elfshadow.
History: Kymil was responsible for the death of
Arilynís mother, though this was not revealed for
years. Kymil then became Arilynís mentor.
After Arilyn had become an operative of the
Harpers, members of that semisecret organization
began turning up dead wherever Arilynís missions
took her. Arilyn and another Harper, Danilo Thann,
later discovered that Kymil was using the elfshadow
of Arilynís sword to kill the Harpers. He assumed the
Harpers would punish Arilyn, letting him use the
moonblade to go to Evermeet and overthrow its
rulers. Heíd then lead the elves back to their former
glories. Arilyn defeated her former master and
turned him over to the Harpers for judgment.
Motivations/Goals: Kymil wanted to return the
elves of Faer°n to their lost position of greatness, notrealizing that in many ways, the time of the elves is
passing. The past can never be regained.
Campaign Uses: Kymil survived the defeat of his
scheme. He could escape the Harpersí justice and
seek revenge on them or Arilyn, or begin another
quest to elevate the elves to lordship of all.
Sources: Elfshadow.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:22:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oy.

Her name's Arilyn Moonblade. She's actually from the Moonflower family, the ruling clan of Evermeet, but is not actually recognized as such.

And that's Evermeet: Island of Elves. Learn the title of that book, or face the wrath of . . . [Bookwyrm pages through his spellbook] Tasha's Hideous Laughter!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:27:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, good job Zemd. They sure gave him detail, didn't they?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:42:08  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Ah, good job Zemd.

I try to do my best (hopefully i have an electronic copy of all my books so it's quite easy to copy and paste, the hardest is to find the info)
Go to Top of Page

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  14:36:09  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah, Thank you zemd, but I still have burning questions about his lineage- do we know anything of members of his family?

-Ryissa Silverwing
Sandhrune's D&D Board (Munchkin Policy: let the crucifixion begin! <= With a policy like that, how can you resist?) Join the adventures today!
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  18:35:34  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't find anything more, sorry
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  09:59:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only information on the Nimesin clan is to be found in the "Cormanthyr" accessory, p.116. Note that the information there relates to the family c. 650 DR.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  18:04:10  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Sorry slightly late but here it is i followed Georges diretions and came up with this:
Nimesin Clan
Type: AríTelíQuessir (Gold)
Prominent Members:
Patriarch/Lord Speaker: Dyffros Nimesin (LE gold em F11)
Clan Heir: Rychell Nimesin (LN gold em F3; adopted son (and fifth child) of Dyffros; eldest child of Llamryl, 2nd wife of the House)
Clan Elder: Goronyyv Nimesin (LN gold em F16; uncle of Dyffros)
Clan Archmage: Eyrynnhv Nimesin (LN gold em W23; brother of Goronyyv and uncle of Dyffros)
Seal/Arms & House Colors: An armored elven hand surrounded by golden flames crushing and breaking a proper long sword in its grasp against a black field; despite the age and prosperity of this House, it stands among the few that have never restricted their servants or family members to particular colors for recognition.

Sorry all that i could find

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  18:50:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The patriarch is lawful evil? How does that follow?

I'm not one of those people who think that anyone of a "good" race (such as the gold elf) could not be evil, of course. They are, after all, human -- in the sense of a being that is capable of changing their minds and outlook on life. However, I don't know how the head of what is supposed to be a good/neutral-aligned (non-evil) clan could be evil himself. It just doesn't seem right.

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  20:19:13  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anti-Moonflower and Gold Elf Supremacy terrorist actions are a Nimesin family tradition; the entire family might not be in the loop, but it makes sense that the patriarch is evil (he would know most of what is going on).
Go to Top of Page

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  12:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

-Ryissa Silverwing
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  14:24:31  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want to go on a story with racist elfs, i suggest you read the entry in Lord of Darkness called Eldeth Velutraa
Go to Top of Page

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  23:52:39  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not looking for racists. =0) It's just about him...
*chuckles evily* I have good things planned. Ok, well, not for Kymil.

-Ryissa Silverwing
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2003 :  04:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This must be an interesting campaign you're making . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2003 :  12:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm, the keep and the character are for separate things. I prefer to keep myself busy. Currently, I am working on a fan-fic while making the keep for my old friend the DM and a separate campaign outline for that group of school kids. =0) Like I said, busy.

-Ryissa Silverwing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000