Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cities
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:17:51  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Delete Topic
I think we've already discussed it...but....

What is the favorite city here at Candlekeep? City of Splendors? The fields of Sembia? The caverns of Menzoberranzan? The sands of Calimport?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Oh...

And I've always thought it would be neat if WOTC released an actual globe of Toril......why hasn't this happened yet?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:43:14  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message
Call boring but I really like Baldur's Gate - dunno why - just the history behind it I guess.

I really like Menzoberranzan aswell, and all the Halfling and Gnome strongholds.

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  19:56:47  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
Yes it was already discussed

TDM, did you forget how Alaundo is with double topics?
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message
TDF, you like Baldurs gate!?!?! (Wicked look in Elrond's eyes) There is something over in running the Realms, under the Subject Baldur's Gate Sources.
Zemd be a nice person and post a Link for TDF s'il vous plaît. How to post links is on my lists to learn, along with french.
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:11:54  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Just slip him a bottle of whiskey and he's sweet as a nut

Sorry, Alaundo, didn't notice that other thread. I will have a look now.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:13:57  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Just checked it and I realised I was the second person to reply to it with an almost identical post to the one I made in here, sorry

I really need to get with the times

I expect this will be closed now.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  22:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
I don't know...mayhaps if we can bring forth some new ideas.....?

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  02:13:35  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message
I have always been partial to Silverymoon. But lately I have been running a campaign in AMN, so I haven't done much with it. Calaunt is another city I love. great stories from that place...

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  20:46:17  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ArionElenim

I don't know...mayhaps if we can bring forth some new ideas.....?

If a subject has already been discussed don't mean it's closed. When we say that, it's to redirect you to continue on the previous scroll.
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  22:03:39  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message
Yeah. This should be closed and people should pick up the discussion again in the other topic :)

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  15:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message
Call me cliche but i think Ten Towns is quite an interesting settlement. The place for rogues among rogues. Just the everyday happenings and dilemmas they face gives the collection of towns such character. Kuldahar is also one of my favorites. A giant tree housing hundreds of people lead by druids. Pretty sweet.

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  15:08:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well Met

hmmm, it would appear that the hint wasnt taken ealier No matter, but please continue this discussion over here.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly