Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Mask, Chaos Hound & Shadow Weave
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian-DV8
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  05:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Ian-DV8's Homepage Send Ian-DV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if the new Erevis Cale series will deal with Mask stealing the Shadow weave from Shar? I've always thought that it would be more appropriate for Mask, Master of all Thieves and Lord of the Shadows to wrest control of the shadow weave from Shar than it would be for Cyric to get a hold of it. Granted Cyric has it in for mystra but, come on. The only bigger heist would be for him to steal both weaves. Not to mention with the Shadow Weave under his control maybe he could finally kill the Chaos Hound (name eludes me, khjef or something) and grow his leg back. Aynway, anyone here anyhting yet?

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  08:46:42  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't read the final book of the series but, so far it doesn't deal with what you've mentioned. It does however deals heavily on an artifact which ended up in Cale's possession and a bunch of interesting villains.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  15:33:57  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The name of the chaos hound is Kezef. And as far as I know, the Twilight War will probably deal with a rather violent conflict between the followers of Mask and the city of Shade, so anything`s possible...

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Ian-DV8
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  17:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Ian-DV8's Homepage Send Ian-DV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope Twilight war deals with some aspect of this. Been years since I read the Avatar series(8 years at least), anyone remember how Mask lost the "intrigue" portion of his portfolio to Cyric? Seems to me Cyric has done little to earn it, lost the "murder" aspect because he was innocent(covered in crucible i think), his many attempts to nab the Shadow Weave have had lackluster results...Anyway her is hoping that Twilight War covers this and reveals more of Mask's Chosen.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  17:42:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian-DV8

Does anyone know if the new Erevis Cale series will deal with Mask stealing the Shadow weave from Shar?

I'm sure the author knows.

But on a more serious note, there's simply not a lot of info out there for the rest of us to go by. We shall simply have to wait and see.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  10:31:52  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian-DV8

Seems to me Cyric has done little to earn it, lost the "murder" aspect because he was innocent(covered in crucible i think)

Cyric hasn`t lost the murder aspect, and you seem to have misunderstood something because Cyric was proven guilty and sane in Crucible, not innocent.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Ian-DV8
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  16:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Ian-DV8's Homepage Send Ian-DV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought he had lost it...again it has been years since I read Crucible. But I thought Bane had reclaimed the murder portfolio now that he has returned. Hence the civil war between the Zhents who have returned to Bane's worship and those who have remained loyal to Cyric. Yes, there are more mundane reasons, however, I thought the core of the matter was because Bane's return signaled yet another blow to Cyric's power.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  16:55:14  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Murder was part of Bhaal's portfolio, not Banes.
Go to Top of Page

Ian-DV8
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  16:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Ian-DV8's Homepage Send Ian-DV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...right...well then I am off to reread the avatar series...uhhh, thanks for putting me to rights about all that(stupid memory). Although that certainly clarifies some of my confusion while reading some books. Again thanks all. I still hope Mask Grows his damn leg back and steals the Shadow Weave though.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  21:14:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bhaal didn't have a "Murder" portfolio until he was retconned as having it for 3E. According to Faiths and Avatars, his portfolio was Death.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 20 Aug 2006 21:14:57
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  22:06:20  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well his title was Lord of Murder and he had death, especially violent death as his portfolio in Faiths and Avatars. Murder would therefore be included.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000