Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 humbling experience to say the least
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:19:18  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeenoghu is hardly "another demon" in my book. He's been around for 30 years! ;)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:29:08  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's been around for thousands of years in the realms, I prefer to keep him that way; in the background. I am tired of demons in all shapes and forms, therefore a gnoll as they are presented would be nice.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:35:35  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I am just too big a fan of Planar beings, I suppose. I'd probably use him as the patron for some tribes, and maybe have some shamans/clerics of him as the 'elders.' Maybe some fiendish hyenadons, though...

Planescape Fanatic

"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:43:41  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree on that use, but as with gods; I prefer greater demons to stay far in the background. As you may have guessed I am no fan of the Planescape connection. Shamans and religious doctrine can both cause trouble and flesh out the gnolls on their own. Common hyenadons have so little mention that common hyenadons would still be a new element to a story.
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:54:36  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually i like the introduction of greater demons as long as no one gets crazy enough to want to challenge them directly, it adds flavour to the realms
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  07:02:32  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, I guess I've always used Hyenadons in my own Gnoll-based ideas (I'm a big fan of Megafauna!), so to me, Fiendish is ACTUALLY Fiendish and different. :)

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000