Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Fflar( spoiler inside )
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Corran Horn
Seeker

54 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  09:23:39  Show Profile  Visit Corran Horn's Homepage Send Corran Horn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know that Captain Fflar was resurrected. But what happened to him in Last Mythal series? Did he died?

Sorry for my english.

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  09:27:46  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He ended up in bed with his new best friend's girlfriend.

After that, things got a little tense.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  10:17:38  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha more like his new best friend's daughter :P
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  11:32:15  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Basically, he is alive and ... well, doing stuff

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  11:45:47  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of it by the looks of things, Don't worry he's very. . . well. . .alive
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  11:58:27  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
doing stuff

?

I thought she had a name?

*ducks*

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  12:21:43  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

doing stuff

?

I thought she had a name?

*ducks*

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  13:29:46  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  22:27:36  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahahahaha!

(I am NOT flooding, darn you!)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  23:59:42  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fflar? Resurrected? That never happened...

*goes on happily pretending the LM series never existed*

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  00:12:54  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fflar?

He wasn't even an Elf...

Or...

Was he!?

Planescape Fanatic

"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  03:47:16  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No apparently Fflar was a halfling hero who got metamorphosised into a human and then went on to kick Aulmpuliter's butt, died and went to the halfling heaven Gromph went to. . . butterfly wings and all ;P
Go to Top of Page

Corran Horn
Seeker

54 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  08:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Corran Horn's Homepage Send Corran Horn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all answers but I have one more question. Fflar is moon or gold elf?

Edited by - Corran Horn on 10 Aug 2006 08:58:11
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  09:06:06  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally, his race was left completely up in the air.

3E decided to make him a Sun Elf for a reason I can't quite tell.

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  09:13:35  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But in the Last Mythal series, he is identified as a moon elf so i really wouldn't know. . . since LM was written after 3E right?
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  09:27:06  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought he was identified in LM as a Sun Elf?

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  09:32:11  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope he's a moon elf, hmm where's that quote. . . ahh found it

"becoming a tall, broad-shouldered moon elf with russet hair" from the Forsaken House, pg 187
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  10:01:11  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, cool. Thanks for the info.

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Corran Horn
Seeker

54 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  10:02:41  Show Profile  Visit Corran Horn's Homepage Send Corran Horn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK thanks for replies. I have another question. Will be Fflar stated somewhere? I mean in some new sourcebook or something like that.
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  10:05:32  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you should really ask Mr Baker in the Ask Rich forum on candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  10:22:07  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am pretty sure that Rich mentioned that he was a low-Epic fighter.

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  14:04:29  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the remark about him being a halfling hero true? I could have sworn he was always a sun elf...

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  14:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha depends on who's your DM and no officially if u have the LM series read forsaken house. . . i think i provided the page
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  17:18:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

Is the remark about him being a halfling hero true? I could have sworn he was always a sun elf...

Until the Last Mythal trilogy, his race wasn't given anywhere. Myself, I'd always thought he was a half-elf.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  20:17:01  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here, Wooly. :)

I mean - it made the most sense to me if he had been a half-elf.

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  10:44:42  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The impression given to most people, especially those who read the Fall of Myth Drannor supplement, was that Fflar was actually someone of the other races, a human or a maybe a half-elf
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:56:13  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aes Tryl

The impression given to most people, especially those who read the Fall of Myth Drannor supplement, was that Fflar was actually someone of the other races, a human or a maybe a half-elf

I agree, because it drives home the point that those fighting for Myth Drannor were holding fast to it's ideal of all the goodly races working together.

As for myself, I have stats for Fflar. They are as follows:

Race: Unknown

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  05:39:03  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen such amazing stats, Rino! :)

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  05:41:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

I've never seen such amazing stats, Rino! :)

Thank you, I take great pride in my work.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000