Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Campaign Brainstorming: Malarite in the Great Dale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2006 :  20:04:55  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow scribes!

I want to receive some feedback to my Unapprocheable East campaign, about this point:

In Faiths and Avatars, page 106, is said the the major center of Malarīs faith in the eastern, stay in Bezentil, the Divine Den. It have 70 malarite clergy, and twice this number in followers.

Now, in the Unapprocheable East, page 124, we have Bezentil as a hamlet with a population of 124 people. The problem of population can be solved by the many farms and holds that dot the Dale, so, my real question here is:

- How the malarites are surviving having the Nentyarch and the Circle of Leth to the south and the Rotting Man and the Blightlords in the North? IMHO, they are literally between the hammer and the anvil. Iīm trying to manage this, turning the malarites as a very secretive sect in the Dale, making his rituals and keeping his faith in disguise (and fomenting the war between the two opposite forces of the druids of the Forest of Leth and the Talontars of the Rawlinswood). But anyway, I feel that I need of some more ideas here (I find that a good plot came surge from this info about the malarites... I only donīt have discover what good idea...).

Any feedback will be very apreciated.

Chosen of Moradin

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2006 :  10:16:55  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I flipped throuhg the pages of my UE to get a better understanding for the situation. As I see it, even though the Hamlet of Bezentil lies between Rawlinswood and the Forest of Lethyr, it does not neccessarily mean that the Malarites are in trouble. My understanding of the conflict between the blightlord and the Nentyarch forces is that it is more a hidden hit-and run -fight not an open war.

More later...

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  10:38:50  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That means the conflict will mostly take place in the woods or at their borders. That could mean for the malarites that they might actually have a lot mire freedom than before because the opposing force of Nentyarch is occupied with more urgend matters. They might even blame their evil doing on the Blightlord or join sides with him. The only real trouble I see, or let it be more kind of a hindrance, is with their shrines to Malar being in the forests. They might have a little trouble reaching them. But than again - they love the Hunt!

I hope that helps yu a little if at all.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  13:34:42  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about this, too. Recently, I see a documentary of the Discovery Channel about the cheetahs, and one scene caught my eyes: 3 cheetas running away of a single baboon that have entered in their hunting ground. The reason was that, with a single bite or claw that hit the leg of one of the felines, all the life of the cheetah as a predator is lost, because they never more will can hunt effectively.

Now, putting this as a malarite way of thinking: we already know that they see the druids of the nature gods as "rabbits" - mere food, and little sport. But I think that a malarite, as a predator, will suffer of real dread when faced by the Talontar, and the plague and poison that they represent. Because what the Talontar represents are not the surviving of the strong... itīs the end of all: the end of the hunter, and the end of the hunted.

So, looking by this viewpoint, I think that maybe the malarites even give some help (behind the scenes) to the Nentyarch, against the Blightlords! Now I need only to develop more the relationships between these "followers of the hunt" and the rest of the daleans.

Thanks for the great input, Ergdusch!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000