Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 City of Wyrmshadows
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  03:09:36  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looks like Dragon let the cat out of the bag. Look at Dragon #346, page 14, for a brief description of the Dragons of Faerun web enhancement I wrote.

For those still desperately waiting for #346, better known as George's Impiltur edition, the First Watch column says: "Supplementing this book, a web enhancement with art and maps will soon be available at wizards.com, detaing the gloom-tained City of Wyrmshadows, an area of the Underdark inhabited by drow half-dragons.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  03:14:35  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Ah - interesting indeed! I have the issue - got it in the mail yesterday - but as yet have not read through your article. I will, rest assured, get to it very soon!

Ah - Realmslore - What life 'twould be without ye!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  05:23:43  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll definately be looking out for this one, and here's to hoping that it comes out more promptly than your second Waterdeep supplement (which was more than worth the wait, for what its worth).
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  06:36:38  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A WODQ update?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  12:57:14  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

A WODQ update?

Do you mean WotSQ? If so, yes. It's dated after those novels.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  18:08:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

A WODQ update?

--Eric

well umm yes...

Curse WOTC for making 2 products with similar acronyms!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  19:21:03  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

A WODQ update?

--Eric

well umm yes...

Curse WOTC for making 2 products with similar acronyms!

Wait until you see my WE on WotJQ (any guesses?. Fortunately, I didn't write write a War of the Jello Queen Web Enhancement (they definitely need to consider their name/acronym plans more), but I do have an article coming out on the WOTC Website fairly soon that is completely unrelated to any of the other material.

I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do for an WE for DoF (Kinda want to see the final cut first).

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 13 Jul 2006 19:23:11
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  19:26:42  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I'm curious Eytan, since you mention not having written the WE for DoF yet - is that part of the contracts?

Also - with a multiple-author product - is it pre-decided who writes these - or do you guys gust talk about it?

Just kinda curious I guess.

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  05:16:31  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

Hello-

I'm curious Eytan, since you mention not having written the WE for DoF yet - is that part of the contracts?

Also - with a multiple-author product - is it pre-decided who writes these - or do you guys gust talk about it?

Dhomal

We are very encouraged to do web enhancements, but it's not part of the contract. Sometimes, when something good gets cut from the book because it just doesn't fit or because we need room for something else, we can use that as (or as part of) as Web Enhancement. Much of the time, however, we just come up with a new idea. This is often based on fan requests, especially during the month when the book is released. Eric and I talked a fair bit about possibilities for WE's while we were writing DoF. Now, I will just wait and see what the final version seems like (even the illustrations give ideas) and fan requests and take it from there.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  06:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Initiate of Tiamat/Bahamut/other Dragon deities feats and spells

*pokes Eytan Bernstein with a stick*

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  06:35:52  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A write-up of Krashos Morueme. Definitely worthy of a web enhancement!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  06:56:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Eh, who's interested in him?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  09:52:50  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm usually not someone to push for more numbers than absolutely necessary in a text, but...Gem-dragons of the Realms with a 3.5 update of those particular varieties of dragon.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  21:30:49  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

Can't wait to see it.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  21:42:33  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

Hello-

Dhomal

There's no real consistent policy as far as I know. I have authored the aforementioned WE for DoF already. (Basically, a chapter from DoF that didn't fit.) That does not preclude Eytan from offering to do so as well. It's up to Wizards really.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  22:47:57  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll give that some thought. Stop poking me. It hurts :)

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  22:48:42  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

The big question is: does he have your accent?

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  01:10:57  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

quote:

Use a sharper stick...
If it hurts so much, do as we ask
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  02:54:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The big question is: does he have your accent?

It's funny you say that - I've always enjoyed the thought of turning up at a GEN-CON FR seminar and asking "in the know" questions and seeing if anyone picked up that it was me. I'm guessing that the accent would be the giveaway.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  04:43:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, you'd be surprised at how darned many folks from Down Under make it to every GenCon. Truly. (Kiwis, too.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  09:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Just consider yourself lucky that I didnt add the Shocking and wounding special abilities to the stick!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  21:21:21  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Just consider yourself lucky that I didnt add the Shocking and wounding special abilities to the stick!

Don't you know that all FR game designers have resistance 30 to electricity and and are immune to critical hits.

Go to Top of Page

Inaubryn
Acolyte

40 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  23:16:31  Show Profile Send Inaubryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ETA, Eric, sir?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  13:54:21  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Inaubryn

ETA, Eric, sir?

No idea. I assume this month, but you never know.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Inaubryn
Acolyte

40 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  02:28:22  Show Profile Send Inaubryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't miss it yet, did I?
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  02:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait to get my copy in the mail :)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Inaubryn
Acolyte

40 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2006 :  04:49:37  Show Profile Send Inaubryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yo, Eric? Whatever happened to this?
Go to Top of Page

Inaubryn
Acolyte

40 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  20:25:26  Show Profile Send Inaubryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing?
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  21:14:30  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two Web Enhancements for Dragons of Faerun are currently in development. I think that Eric's will be available much sooner than the one I wrote.

Go to Top of Page

Inaubryn
Acolyte

40 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  08:17:53  Show Profile Send Inaubryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent. Thanks, Bernie. Can I call ya Bernie?
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  10:54:36  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Inaubryn

Excellent. Thanks, Bernie. Can I call ya Bernie?

Sure, call me whatever you like (within reason).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000