Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Coming soon... the FR Atlas petition!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2009 :  01:03:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I don't think we're ever going to see another Atlas, either in print or in electronic format... Not only have they moved on from doing Realms stuff, but they keep changing the map! 2E had one map, 3E had another, and now there's the 4E one...

It could still work, I suppose. Most atlases have images of continents and/or globes which demonstrate tectonic drift and the way the surface of the planet has evolved over time.

Another FR atlas could, conceivably, take something like that into account and illustrate the actual and full-scope changes that have been made to the world over the course of editions [rather than geological epochs].

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Curt Jester
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  20:24:50  Show Profile  Visit The Curt Jester's Homepage Send The Curt Jester a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I'd like to see is a map of Kara-tur. I have not been able to find one yet. Having the whole atlas would help, though. :)

Co-founder of Sea of Dragons, a Persistent World for NWN2 | Visit us at www.seaofdragons.com
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  10:00:56  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Curt Jester

What I'd like to see is a map of Kara-tur. I have not been able to find one yet. Having the whole atlas would help, though. :)

The Fonstad Atlas has one. Finding the Kara-Tur box set is a solution of course, but I am not sure what the price is these days.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  15:08:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:
Originally posted by The Curt Jester

The Fonstad Atlas has one. Finding the Kara-Tur box set is a solution of course, but I am not sure what the price is these days.

It can generally be won for less than $30 on eBay.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Curt Jester
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  19:16:32  Show Profile  Visit The Curt Jester's Homepage Send The Curt Jester a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it may be a solution, but unfortunately, I don't actually play PnP so a $30 set is rather a waste for me as I only want a map. I'm surprised someone hasn't put one online since you can find nearly any other one on the internet.

Co-founder of Sea of Dragons, a Persistent World for NWN2 | Visit us at www.seaofdragons.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrie
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  14:28:39  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrie's Homepage Send Jeffrie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how much of that atlas is on pdf? Is that wotc legal? I would love to find a download, if it is.

I also apologize if i wasn't supposed to ask that question here.

I'd love to try some pbp, but never have. PM me a game i could lurk at. I think it would be fun to play with someone who has tabletop software.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  02:27:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrie

how much of that atlas is on pdf? Is that wotc legal? I would love to find a download, if it is.

So far as I know, there are no pdfs of the print atlas available for legal download.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  03:20:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrie

So far as I know, there are no pdfs of the print atlas available for legal download.

Indeed. Besides, offering such a source as a legal PDF download would likely be A) pricey [given the image-heavy content] for both consumers and publishers, and B) a significantly large download requiring substantial bandwidth.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrie
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  05:33:11  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrie's Homepage Send Jeffrie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, i'm pretty dumb about computers and downloads. I just ask first. Speaking of asking, is there a decent, or favorite, character generator out there? There is probably a thread here about that.
Again, if that is an off limit topic, just let me know and i'll not bring it up again.

Is there such a thing as a map (dungeon) generator?

I would gladly pay for an atlas on ebay or somethin, but i hear that it's sort of out of date with 3.5 and 4.0

thanks

I'd love to try some pbp, but never have. PM me a game i could lurk at. I think it would be fun to play with someone who has tabletop software.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000