Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 "Fallen" Inevitables?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  02:53:02  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Nearly every Malhavoc press release has spawned some ideas that I have applied to the Realms, and when I was looking at Anger of Angels there was no exception. While I got a lot of ideas from it, one jumped out at me that I wanted to run by my fellow scribes.

What about a fallen Inevitable? We hear about fallen angels and the like, but we never hear about the "eithics primary" outsiders "falling." Obviously a fallen Inevitable isn't going to turn into a Slaad, but if its possible, what would happen to it?

Heck, for that matter, what would happen to a fallen modron?

The funny thing is that not only did I get an idea about Anger of Angels and fallen Inevitables, but I also was thinking about how to tie all of this into Chaositech, but I'll go into that elsewhere.

At any rate, thoughts?

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  02:59:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Heck, for that matter, what would happen to a fallen modron?

Would that be like a rogue modron? What happens to them is explained in the Planescape lore.... Planewalkers Handbook I believe mostly.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 20 Jun 2006 03:17:48
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  03:04:44  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nordom (haha, that's modron backwards) from the Planescape: Torment game is a really good Rogue Modron.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  03:09:21  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kuje, I'll do some research along those lines . . . Nordom . . . oh my . . . I'll likely not name a "rogue inevitable" Elbativeni . . . although spelling it out it actually kinda looks cool . . .
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  03:11:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For another intriguing example of a rogue modron... check out Trictacalus from "The Modron Judge" sub-adventure in The Great Modron March.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Jun 2006 03:12:36
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  03:18:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Thanks Kuje, I'll do some research along those lines . . . Nordom . . . oh my . . . I'll likely not name a "rogue inevitable" Elbativeni . . . although spelling it out it actually kinda looks cool . . .

Yup Yup Planewalkers has two pages or so on Rogue Modrons. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  03:20:01  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good, sounds like its time to raid my friend's Planescape collection . . .
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  04:01:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also a series of "rogue modron" tales over on planewalker.com that brilliantly portray their individual natures and aspects -- always good for potential role-playing ideas.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000