Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Catfolk Stats
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  02:02:13  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have a player in a game I'll be involved in tomorrow, and would like to have her character fixed up by tomorrow. I was wondering if any of you wonderful scribes would be kind enough to post the racial traits. Help would be much appreciated.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  02:44:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have Races of the Wild, but I was just looking at it today. +4 Dex, +2 Wis, some other stuff, and a +1 LA because of it all.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  03:48:09  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Catfolk racial traits for player characters

+4 dex, +2 chr
base land speed 40'
low light vision
+2 racial bonus for listen, and move silent checks
+1 natural armor bonus
automatic languages; common, feline
bonus languages; draconic, gnoll, halfling, sylvan
favored class; ranger
LA +1

there is about 2 pages worth of info on this in race in races of the wild. very interesting.

edited by Scererar for better format

Edited by - scererar on 18 Jun 2006 03:51:46
Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  04:02:18  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. Your help is mmost appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  08:33:44  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miniatures Handbook first presented Catfolk.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  19:08:45  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In re-looking at the Catfolk, it almost seems that a LA of +1 is not reasonable. look at the plusses vs. the minuses for a palyer character. right, no minuses. I don't know, but I almost think that a rating of +2 or maybe even +3 would be in order.

anyways my 2 coppers
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2006 :  19:14:39  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LA+2 seems a bit too much but perhaps I agree with you on the LA+1 front.
Compare them to something like a genasi or an aasimar/tiefling.

Dropping the dex bonus to +2 (or less radically the cha bonus to +0) would in my mind make it a more plausible LA+1 candidate
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  04:49:05  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

LA+2 seems a bit too much but perhaps I agree with you on the LA+1 front.
Compare them to something like a genasi or an aasimar/tiefling.

Dropping the dex bonus to +2 (or less radically the cha bonus to +0) would in my mind make it a more plausible LA+1 candidate

I agree. I would probably drop the dex to +2 and the chr bonus altogether. Really, these are supposed to be a recluse type of race with very little outside relationships and with a temper that can go either way at the drop of a hat. with these further resrictions in place, I would agree to a +1 LA. Altogether a very interesting race, I am thinking of including Catfolk into my existing campaign. Perfect for the Shaar region, in my opinion anyways.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000