Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Scarlet Mummers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2006 :  22:30:37  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello there. :)

As you may guess from the title, im looking for any sources of information about the Scarlet Mummers, the Lliiran Assassins. Mainly because its a fascinating concept, in my opinion. And im playing a Lliiran Character right now, who is heading along a similar path.

Sadly, however, any information about them seems scarce. Apart from the brief outline in Faiths and Pantheons, the only other place ive seen them mentioned is.. Neverwinter Nights, the Video Game, of all places!! (Which mentions that they use Blade Boots in their acrobatic assassinations)

So, basically, im looking for any sources of information about them, if any exists. Would be nice to have a little more info for me to flesh out.

Thanks in advance. :)

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2006 :  22:48:52  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are probably one of the hundreds of small groups related to the deities that have never been detailed.

So, maybe Ed can give you some info. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  01:28:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje has it down.

A quick search of most relevant 2e sources revealed little beyond a mention here and there. No specific info.

I'd say... ask Ed. Or given their reference in F&P, maybe try Eric as well since he may have had notes from Ed to work with for the group.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Anticlion Son of Semnion
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  04:08:15  Show Profile  Visit Anticlion Son of Semnion's Homepage Send Anticlion Son of Semnion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though it is of dubious importance, the name of "The Scarlet Mummers" reminds me of "The Bloody Mummers," aka "The Brave Companions," in George
R.R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice"

"It is well known that, while reason embraces a cold mediocrity, our passions hurry us, with rapid violence, over the space which lies between the most opposite extremes." -Edward Gibbon
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  18:24:48  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lliiran assassins? How is that even possible?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  18:30:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

That was what I was wondering, but I wasn't going to ask. :) I guess... they dance people to death. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  18:32:22  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the idea of Lliiran Assassins does sound rather bizarre, doesnt it? Which is why I wanted to see if there was anymore information about them before setting down my own ideas for them.

Basically, from the brief description in F&P, they hunt down Loviatarians. After some Loviatarians killed of the High Priestess of Lliira, who she took as a lover during the Time of Troubles.

And yes... dancing them to death sounds rather sutible. ;)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  18:39:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

That was what I was wondering, but I wasn't going to ask. :) I guess... they dance people to death. :)

Well, Lliira is supposed to be all about carefree celebrations. What could be more dangerous than a celebration in your honour, conducted by Lliirans, with trace amounts of poison lacing certain foods you find extremely tasty?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  18:41:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

Well, Lliira is supposed to be all about carefree celebrations. What could be more dangerous than a celebration in your honour, conducted by Lliirans, with trace amounts of poison lacing certain foods you find extremely tasty?

HAHAH. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  19:11:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Maybe they target really bad dancers...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  19:27:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Maybe they target really bad dancers...

Grins. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  02:36:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Yes, the idea of Lliiran Assassins does sound rather bizarre, doesnt it? Which is why I wanted to see if there was anymore information about them before setting down my own ideas for them.

Basically, from the brief description in F&P, they hunt down Loviatarians. After some Loviatarians killed of the High Priestess of Lliira, who she took as a lover during the Time of Troubles.

And yes... dancing them to death sounds rather sutible. ;)

Actually, if you come up with something on your own I'd be interested to see what you do. As the last couple of posts in the this scroll prove, comedy aside of course, there are many ways you can go to support the notion of Lliiran assassins drawing on themes from the deity's portfolio. As long as you remain somewhat consistent with what we know of the Lliiran clergy and worship, you shouldn't have too much difficulty.

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Apr 2006 02:37:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000